Methadone Treatment Centers Near Ashtabula, OH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1356 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Ashtabula. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Ashtabula, OH
Square One Health, LLC
620 W 44th St, Ashtabula, OH 44004The Square One Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from both clients and staff. Clients praise the caring and professional staff who go above and beyond in providing life skills and support for long-term recovery. Many reviews mention that Square One has been crucial in helping individuals turn their lives around and express immense gratitude for the program.
- Quick response and successful outcomes: The center is praised for its quick response in admitting patients and ensuring they not only get sober but stay sober. The caring and professional staff go the extra mile in teaching life skills for successful recovery.
- Comprehensive treatment options and care: The center offers a range of treatment options, including detox, residential programs, sober living, and intensive outpatient programs. The staff are described as genuinely caring, treating clients with respect and understanding.
- Positive impact on staff and clients: Both staff members and clients in recovery speak highly of the center, expressing gratitude for the opportunity to help others and grow personally. The center is described as a place where clients are treated with patience, and the staff are supportive and helpful.
527 N Meridian Rd, Youngstown, OH 44509The positive reviews highlight the caring and dedicated staff at the Methadone treatment center. Patients appreciate the personalized attention and quick service from the doctors, particularly Dr. Krista and Dr. Villaplana. The center is praised for its effectiveness in helping patients recover and get their lives back on track, with many reporting long-term sobriety. The counselors, including Kristy and Jenn, are highly regarded for their compassion and support. Overall, the center is described as a life-changing and life-saving facility with a caring and attentive staff.
- The doctors and counselors at this center are highly recommended and genuinely care about their patients' well-being. They have firsthand experience with addiction and are empathetic and understanding.
- The staff is professional, respectful, and attentive to patients' concerns. They listen to clients' needs and provide the necessary tools for recovery.
- The center works with individuals and institutions, such as the VA, to accommodate patients' needs, ensuring accessibility to treatment options closer to home.
2210 S Ridge Rd E, Ashtabula, OH 44004The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and compassionate staff who prioritize their well-being and use a harm reduction approach. The employees are described as welcoming, understanding, and willing to go above and beyond to help.
- Caring and compassionate staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the employees at this Methadone treatment center are caring and compassionate, which creates a positive and trusting environment for the patients.
- Non-judgmental and harm reduction approach: The center is commended for its non-judgmental and harm reduction approach, ensuring that patients are not cut off from medication without warning for being honest about their situation.
- Personalized and welcoming treatment: The staff at the center goes above and beyond to personalize treatment and make patients feel welcomed, even in cases where the patients may have been inconsistent with appointments or not followed protocols.
Addiction Outreach Clinic (AOC) | Suboxone Clinic in Painesville (Perry)
2736 N Ridge Rd, Painesville, OH 44077Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews from patients who appreciate the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff. Many patients credit the center with saving their lives and allowing them to achieve sobriety. The affordable prices and respectful treatment are also highlighted as positives by reviewers.
- Some staff members are very helpful and supportive, specifically mentioned counselor Gabby and a great doctor
- Treated with respect, empathy, and like a normal person by both staff and doctors
- Reasonable prices, warm and friendly staff, not judged, treated like family
1924 E Market St, Warren, OH 44483The majority of these reviews are extremely positive, with patients praising the caring and compassionate staff at the center. Many appreciate how the counselors take the time to listen to their needs and work out personalized treatment plans. The reviews also highlight the convenience of the center, with same-day appointments and efficient processes. Overall, patients feel supported, understood, and grateful for the assistance they receive at this methadone treatment center.
- The staff genuinely cares about the patients and accommodates their wants and needs.
- The counselors take the time to listen and understand the root of addiction issues, working with patients to create personalized plans for sobriety.
- The clinic offers same-day appointments and walk-in options, making it easier for individuals to seek treatment when they are ready.
MedMark Treatment Centers Amherst
530 N Leavitt Rd, Amherst, OH 44001The MedMark Methadone treatment center in Amherst, Ohio has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as friendly, knowledgeable, and caring, making the treatment process easy and quick. Patients appreciate the non-judgmental atmosphere and the level of respect and support they receive throughout their recovery journey. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking effective and compassionate treatment for opioid addiction.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at the Methadone treatment center, including the director, counselors, and nurses, were friendly, welcoming, and non-judgmental.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers emphasized that their visits to the center were not time-consuming and that they were able to start their treatment promptly. Some even mentioned being able to complete paperwork and see the doctor on the same day.
New Season Treatment Center – Mentor
8785 Mentor Ave, Mentor, OH 44060The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews, with many patients praising the caring and supportive staff. The project manager, Ben, has been instrumental in improving the center's operations and ensuring a smooth experience for patients. The counselors, especially Charise and Dan, are highly regarded for their empathy and dedication to helping clients recover. The center is known for its cleanliness, short wait times, and respectful treatment of patients. Overall, the center is recommended for those seeking effective treatment for opioid addiction.
- The staff is caring and nonjudgmental, providing support and understanding to patients.
- The facility is clean and well-run, with efficient service and minimal wait times.
- The counselors are knowledgeable, empathetic, and go above and beyond to help patients on their recovery journey.
MedMark Treatment Centers Youngstown
900 Sahara Trail, Youngstown, OH 44514This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews, with many praising the staff and doctor as being amazing and professional. Reviewers highlight the center's effectiveness in helping them overcome addiction and improve their lives. The facility is described as clean and welcoming, and the staff is commended for providing compassionate and respectful treatment. However, one review mentions difficulty in contacting the center. Overall, the center seems to be highly recommended for those seeking to recover from opioid addiction.
- Amazing staff and doctors
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers
- Clean facility with respectful and compassionate treatment
New Season Treatment Center – Akron
1900 W Market St Suite 100, Akron, OH 44313The Methadone treatment center in Akron, Ohio, called New Seasons, received overwhelmingly positive reviews from several patients. Reviewers praised the center for its caring and kind staff who treat patients with respect and make them feel like family. The center was also commended for its prompt appointment scheduling and efficient approach to providing help. One patient specifically mentioned feeling safe and supported at this location compared to a previous center in Florida. Overall, the reviews indicate that New Seasons in Akron is highly recommended for opioid treatment.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is described as kind, caring, and treating patients with respect.
- The center has a fast appointment scheduling process, with some reviewers stating they were able to get an appointment within a day of calling.
- The center creates a welcoming and safe environment for patients, making them feel at home and supported in their recovery journey.
Community Medical Services
2020 Carnegie Ave, Cleveland, OH 44115Reviewers highly recommend C.M.S., a Methadone treatment center in Cleveland, for several reasons. They appreciate that the doctor at this center does not stigmatize the amount of Methadone dosage and treats each person individually. Reviewers also mention the welcoming and caring staff, who make patients feel like family and prioritize their well-being. The center is praised for its extended hours and quick dosing process. Overall, reviewers express gratitude for the positive impact of the center and highly recommend it to others seeking Medication-Assisted Treatment (M.A.T.) for opioid addiction.
- The clinic has flexible dosing options and is willing to adjust the dose according to the individual's needs.
- The staff members are caring, welcoming, and treat patients with respect and compassion. They make patients feel valued and supported throughout their treatment journey.
- The clinic offers convenient hours from 5 a.m. until 8 p.m., allowing for flexibility in scheduling appointments.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started