Methadone Treatment Centers Near Brook Park, OH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1098 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Brook Park. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Brook Park, OH
New Season Treatment Center – Akron
1900 W Market St Suite 100, Akron, OH 44313The majority of the reviews praise the Methadone treatment center for its friendly and caring staff, quick appointments, and effectiveness in treating opioid addiction. Patients appreciate the personalized and supportive approach, feeling like they are part of a family rather than just a number. Some reviewers also mention the positive impact of specific staff members, such as counselors, nurses, and the center director. Overall, the reviews suggest that this treatment center provides a safe and hopeful environment for recovery.
- Staff is kind and caring, treating patients with respect and not as just a number.
- The facility provides immediate treatment and ensures patients are not sick.
- The staff is efficient and fast in getting patients the help they need.
Cleveland Suboxone Doctor: Dr. Nosson Goldfarb
6001 Cochran Rd #404c, Solon, OH 44139Dr. Goldfarb and his staff are highly praised for their respectful and empathetic approach in treating opioid addiction with Methadone. Patients appreciate the warm and welcoming atmosphere of the clinic and the periodic check-ins to ensure their well-being. Many individuals credit Dr. Goldfarb and the clinic's program for transforming their lives, providing effective treatment, and saving them from addiction.
- Dr. Goldfarb is a caring and empathetic doctor who is straightforward and respectful.
- The staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming, making patients feel comfortable and validated.
- The clinic provides exceptional care and goes above and beyond for their patients.
6900 Ridge Rd #202, Parma, OH 44129The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with several reviewers recommending the center's Drug Intervention Program (DIP). The staff, including Bill and Mary, are praised for their helpfulness and informative presentations. However, there are a couple of negative reviews mentioning concerns about the center's recommendations for further treatment and the behavior of one staff member.
- Affordable: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the center's DIP program was affordable, making it an attractive option for those seeking treatment.
- Informative and helpful: Reviewers praised the program for being informative and providing helpful information that they could use in the future. The speakers and staff were also commended for their knowledge and support.
Evolve Behavioral Health
13377 Smith Rd, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130Evolve Behavioral Health is highly praised by multiple reviewers for its effective and supportive treatment of opioid addiction using Methadone. The staff, including case managers and counselors like Emma and Michelle, are commended for their genuine care, understanding, and dedication to helping clients. The center goes above and beyond by providing additional services such as housing, healthcare, and legal support, creating a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to individual needs. Overall, reviewers describe Evolve as life-changing, a place that saves lives with knowledgeable and empathetic staff.
- Evolve Behavioral Health provides comprehensive support and resources beyond just Methadone treatment, including mental health services, dental care, primary care, and assistance with obtaining food stamps.
- The staff at Evolve Behavioral Health are qualified, friendly, and go above and beyond to help their clients, treating them with dignity and without judgment.
- The counselors and therapists at Evolve Behavioral Health are highly knowledgeable, empathetic, and provide outstanding support.
MedMark Treatment Centers Amherst
530 N Leavitt Rd, Amherst, OH 44001The MedMark Methadone treatment center in Amherst, Ohio has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the friendly and knowledgeable staff, the efficient and quick service, and the compassionate and non-judgmental environment. The center is highly recommended for those seeking a safe and comfortable transition to recovery from opioid addiction.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at the Methadone treatment center being friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They provide a peaceful atmosphere and treat clients with respect and care.
- Efficient and timely service: Reviewers note that the center has a streamlined process, allowing them to quickly complete paperwork, see the doctor, and receive medication. This is particularly important for individuals seeking immediate help with their opioid addiction.
- Supportive and non-judgmental environment: The staff at the center are described as supportive and non-judgmental, creating a safe space for individuals struggling with addiction. Clients feel comfortable and welcomed, knowing that they won't be looked down upon or judged for their circumstances.
Elyria Treatment Services
174 Midway Blvd, Elyria, OH 44035Elyria Tx is highly praised for their excellent methadone treatment and competent therapy. The staff, including counselors, nurses, and the director, are described as caring, supportive, and respectful. Patients highly recommend this facility for its helpfulness, kindness, and the hope it brings for recovery.
- Competent and accommodating treatment: The center does not present challenges or hurdles to treatment, such as mandatory groups or disruptions to daily life, providing a smoother and less anxious experience for patients.
- Supportive and caring staff: The counselors, nurses, director, and other staff members are highly dedicated and caring, offering continuous support and showing genuine concern for patients' recovery.
- Efficient and friendly service: The facility is praised for its quick dosing process and friendly front desk staff, ensuring a hassle-free experience for patients.
Cleveland Hispanic Humadaop
3305 W 25th St, Cleveland, OH 44109The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as genuinely concerned and empathetic towards each client, with a good understanding of addiction. One review mentions that they saved a person's life, while another describes the center as a good place for rehabilitating drug addicts. A translated review also states that it is the perfect place for individuals with drug addictions. The mention of a "van full of clean rigs" suggests that they provide resources for safe drug use.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff who have a genuine concern and empathy for each client.
- Offers a range of treatment options, including Residential, IOP, and OP.
- Provides support and assistance for individuals struggling with drug addiction, helping them save lives.
MetroHealth Recovery Resources - Lakewood
14805 Detroit Ave # 200, Lakewood, OH 44107The front desk staff, particularly John, received high praise for providing exceptional customer care and making patients feel comfortable during their first visit. One person expressed their satisfaction with the service they have received over the past 9.5 years, indicating a positive long-term relationship with the treatment center. Overall, the focus of the reviews seems to be on the staff's professionalism and the positive impact the center has had on promoting sobriety.
- Excellent customer care and service - The front desk staff, specifically John, is highly praised for their amazing customer care and making new patients feel comfortable during the registration process.
- Long-term quality service - One review mentions being a patient at the center for 9.5 years, indicating that the center has been able to provide the necessary services effectively, as the patient continues to seek treatment.
- Supportive for sobriety - The mention of "sobriety" suggests that the center is successful in helping patients achieve and maintain a drug-free lifestyle.
Community Medical Services
2020 Carnegie Ave, Cleveland, OH 44115The C.M.S. Methadone treatment center in Cleveland is highly recommended by multiple reviewers. They praise the center for its non-stigmatizing approach to dosing, ability to provide same-day dosing, and convenient operating hours. The staff is described as caring, welcoming, and treating patients like family. Any issues that arise are promptly resolved, and the employees are dedicated to helping patients. Overall, the center is considered an amazing and compassionate place to receive treatment.
- The clinic provides individualized treatment and does not limit the dose of Methadone based on stigma or situation.
- They have convenient operating hours from 5 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- The staff is caring, welcoming, and treats patients like family.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started