Methadone Treatment Centers Near Canton, OH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1408 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Canton. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Canton, OH
MedSave Addiction Treatment Clinic Columbus, OH
246 E Campus View Blvd, Columbus, OH 43235The MedSave Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews overall. Patients appreciate the respectful and helpful staff who go out of their way to assist with appointments and provide support. The clinic is commended for its comprehensive services, including addiction treatment, mental health support, and primary care. However, some reviews mention long wait times and occasional issues with appointment scheduling.
- Friendly and respectful staff: Reviews mention that the staff at the Methadone treatment center is respectful, helpful, and treats patients with kindness and compassion. Patients feel welcomed and valued, making for a positive experience.
- Comprehensive care: The center offers a range of services, including addiction treatment, mental health care, primary care, and counseling. Patients appreciate the all-in-one approach, which allows them to address multiple concerns in a single location.
- Experienced doctors: Patients appreciate that the doctors take the time to listen and are thorough in their assessments and treatments. The doctors are knowledgeable about addiction and work to develop personalized treatment plans for each patient.
3121 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43204The Buckeye Clinic is highly praised by reviewers who have received substance abuse treatment and mental health treatment. The staff is described as respectful, thorough, and supportive, treating clients like family. The clinic is commended for its welcoming and accommodating environment, with staff members going above and beyond to help clients achieve successful recovery.
- The staff at Buckeye Clinic is highly regarded and praised for their respect and thoroughness in assessments, as well as their supportive and accountable approach to treatment.
- The clinic provides a safe and welcoming environment for recovery, with accommodating staff who understand and empathize with the struggles of addiction.
- The clinic offers a range of services, including sober living and intensive outpatient programs, and goes the extra mile to support clients in their recovery journey.
1199 Delaware Ave, Marion, OH 43302The Methadone treatment center, Spero Health, has received numerous positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and compassionate staff who go above and beyond to help them in their recovery. The center is described as a warm and friendly environment where patients are treated with respect and understanding. Many reviewers highly recommend Spero Health for their effective treatment programs and supportive staff.
- The staff is caring, compassionate, and treat patients like family.
- They go above and beyond to help patients and provide support beyond just medication-assisted treatment.
- The clinic creates a warm and welcoming environment, making patients feel comfortable and supported in their recovery journey.
MedMark Treatment Centers Columbus North OH
45 Lazelle Rd E, Columbus, OH 43235Med Mark North is a highly recommended Methadone treatment center. Patients appreciate the caring and friendly staff, who make them feel like family. The clinic holds patients accountable and provides a clean and professional environment. Some patients have had issues with temporary closures, but overall, the center is praised for saving lives and being a life-changing experience.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at Med Mark North is amazing, friendly, and treats patients like family. They have a wonderful bedside manner and show genuine concern for helping patients.
- Minimal hassles: Reviewers noted that this clinic is not a hassle to deal with. They mentioned that there are no long lines, mistreatment, or issues with dose adjustments. The clinic is described as accountable and efficient in providing treatment.
Community Medical Services
1380 Dublin Rd, Columbus, OH 43215The Community Medical Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for its amazing and supportive staff who handle difficult patients with professionalism. It is praised for its simple and hassle-free process, allowing patients to increase their dose as needed and assisting with Medicaid applications. The Premier Care Methadone clinic is recommended for its supportive and non-judgmental environment, where patients are treated with respect, and the staff is described as nice and understanding.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as amazing, caring, and supportive.
- The center offers a simple and hassle-free process for getting Methadone treatment, without requiring group meetings or hoops to jump through.
- The staff are understanding, compassionate, and passionate about helping people overcome their addiction to opiates.
201 N Yellow Springs St, Springfield, OH 45504The Methadone treatment center, Brightview, has received mostly positive reviews from patients and employees. The staff is described as caring, understanding, and going above and beyond for their clients. Patients appreciate the personalized care and the effort put into making the recovery process smooth and convenient. However, some reviewers mentioned that the process could be quicker or more efficient. Overall, Brightview is recommended for those struggling with addiction, as it provides a supportive and positive environment for recovery.
- The staff at Brightview is highly praised for being caring, understanding, and going above and beyond for their patients.
- The center offers a range of services, including in-person and virtual groups and counseling, making it convenient for patients to balance their recovery needs with their daily lives.
- Patients appreciate that Brightview puts their progress first, focusing on progress rather than expecting perfection, and creates a positive and safe environment for recovery.
4300 Clime Rd Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43228Sperio Health is praised for having excellent doctors, counseling, and a helpful front desk staff. The facility is clean and comfortable, with friendly and professional staff who provide great service. One reviewer in particular highlights the positive experience provided by Traylon Smith, the facility administrator.
- Top-notch doctors, counseling, and a helpful front desk staff
- Positive results and success in helping patients stay clean and recover from opioid addiction
- Professional and friendly staff, providing a comfortable and welcoming environment.
MedMark Treatment Centers Dayton
4201 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45405The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from multiple clients. Numerous individuals express deep gratitude for the caring and helpful staff, emphasizing the life-changing impact the center has had on their recovery. The professionalism, personalized treatment, and genuine care provided by the staff are consistently praised, making this center highly recommended by its clients.
- The staff and counselors are highly praised for being amazing, caring, and truly dedicated to helping clients.
- The treatment center is known for providing personalized medication adjustments and individualized care, ensuring that clients receive the treatment they need.
- The center has a supportive and professional atmosphere, with staff members going above and beyond to help clients and create a positive environment for recovery.
MedMark Treatment Centers Amherst
530 N Leavitt Rd, Amherst, OH 44001The Methadone treatment center in Amherst, Ohio, called MedMark, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff is described as friendly, knowledgeable, and caring, creating a welcoming and nonjudgmental atmosphere. Many reviewers express gratitude for the center's role in their recovery and recommend it highly to others struggling with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff: Multiple reviews highlight the staff at the Methadone treatment center as friendly, caring, and knowledgeable. They provide a welcoming and non-judgmental atmosphere, making patients feel comfortable and supported throughout their treatment journey.
- Efficient and Quick Service: Several reviews mention the quick and efficient service at the center. Patients were able to complete paperwork, see the doctor, and receive medication promptly. This is particularly beneficial for individuals seeking timely treatment for opioid addiction.
- Accessibility and Convenient Locations: The Methadone treatment center has multiple locations, making it accessible to individuals in different areas. Patients appreciate the convenience of being close to their homes, reducing travel time and making it easier to attend treatment sessions regularly.
MedMark Treatment Centers Milford
749C OH-28, Milford, OH 45150This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Many reviewers mention specific counselors and nurses who have been extremely helpful and supportive throughout their treatment. The staff is described as caring, understanding, and genuinely invested in each patient's recovery. The center's welcoming atmosphere, professionalism, and organized approach are also frequently praised.
- The counselors and nurses are highly praised for their professionalism and kindness, making patients feel comfortable and supported during their recovery journey.
- The center is commended for its caring and attentive staff who go above and beyond in providing personalized care and making patients feel valued.
- The facility is well-maintained, organized, and follows regular drug testing, providing a clean and regulated environment for treatment.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started