Methadone Treatment Centers Near Chillicothe, OH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2026 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Chillicothe. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Chillicothe, OH
126 E 2nd St, Chillicothe, OH 45601Brightview is highly praised by reviewers who appreciate the tolerant, supportive, and respectful staff. The center is commended for its patience, understanding, and guidance throughout the recovery process. Reviewers highlight the genuine care and dedication of the doctors, counselors, and staff, emphasizing how Brightview has positively impacted their lives and recovery journeys.
- Supportive and respectful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the doctors, staff, and counselors at Brightview were tolerant, supportive, and respectful. This indicates that the staff is empathetic and understanding towards patients, creating a positive and nurturing environment.
- Patience and understanding: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff at Brightview were patient and understanding throughout their treatment journey. This suggests that the center understands that recovery takes time and is willing to guide patients through the process with patience and understanding.
- Caring and compassionate staff: Reviewers consistently praised the staff at Brightview for their genuine care and compassion towards patients. This indicates that the staff goes above and beyond to ensure that patients feel supported and valued, creating a sense of comfort and trust in the treatment process.
3121 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43204The Buckeye Clinic is highly praised by its clients for its respectful and thorough assessment process, as well as for treating clients like family and holding them accountable. The staff is commended for being supportive, knowledgeable, and caring, with the clinic providing a safe and comfortable environment for recovery. The clinic is recommended for those looking to start their recovery journey or seeking a new way of life.
- The staff at Buckeye Clinic is described as respectful, supportive, and caring. They treat clients like family and go above and beyond to help them in their recovery journey.
- The clinic provides a safe and comfortable environment for clients to work on their recovery. The housing and facilities are excellent, and the clinic offers various resources and activities to support clients throughout their treatment.
- Buckeye Clinic has a strong foundation and is dedicated to helping individuals struggling with addiction. The staff is described as knowledgeable and professional, providing effective support and guidance in the recovery process.
42 N Plaza Blvd C, Chillicothe, OH 45601Spero Health is highly recommended by multiple reviewers for helping individuals improve their lives and achieve sobriety. The staff is described as professional, non-judgmental, caring, and dedicated to supporting recovery. Reviewers appreciate the personalized treatment plans, accommodating schedules, and willingness to go the extra mile to help patients succeed. Overall, this Methadone treatment center is praised for its friendly and supportive staff.
- Professional and non-judgmental staff who take the time to get to know patients and provide support.
- Highly recommended for their dedication to helping patients improve their lives through addiction recovery.
Anchor Addiction and Wellness Center
3 Medical Dr, Chillicothe, OH 45601This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff, including Nikki, Ashley, and Chad, are highly praised for their friendliness, professionalism, and genuine care for patients. The center is described as a welcoming and supportive environment, where patients feel like they belong. Many reviewers highly recommend this program to others seeking help for opioid addiction.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews highlight the warm and welcoming nature of the staff, particularly Nikki, Ashley, and Chad. They make patients feel comfortable and cared for, fostering a sense of belonging.
- Supportive and understanding counselors: Several reviewers mention the excellent counseling services provided by Ashley and Chad. They are praised for their ability to relate to patients, push them in the right direction, and genuinely care about their success.
- Professional and caring service: The staff, including the receptionist Nikki, is described as professional and attentive to both physical and mental needs. They go above and beyond to ensure patients have everything they need to achieve their goals, and genuinely care about each individual's sobriety.
Spero Health - Suboxone and Vivitrol Clinic in Dayton
7271 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45415The Methadone treatment center, Spero Health Clinic, has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as amazing, loving, caring, and nonjudgmental, treating patients like family. They are commended for their professionalism, compassion, and willingness to go above and beyond to help patients succeed in their recovery journey. Many reviewers mentioned how Spero Health Clinic made them feel welcome, safe, and at home, with staff that genuinely cares about each individual's well-being.
- The staff is incredibly compassionate, understanding, and caring towards their patients.
- The center treats patients like family and provides a supportive, non-judgmental environment.
- The staff goes above and beyond to accommodate the needs of their patients and ensure a smooth treatment experience.
4300 Clime Rd Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43228Sperio Health Methadone treatment center has a highly praised staff, with specific mention of the front desk receptionist Karen and the facility administrator Traylon Smith. The center is described as clean, comfortable, and welcoming to all. Overall, the reviews indicate that Sperio Health is a great facility with friendly and helpful staff.
- The staff at the center is highly praised for their professionalism, friendliness, and helpfulness.
- The facility is clean, comfortable, and welcoming, providing a positive environment for treatment.
1540 E Main St Suite B, Lancaster, OH 43130The Spero Health Methadone treatment center in Lancaster, Ohio is highly recommended by reviewers. The staff is praised for being caring, professional, and helpful, and the facility is described as clean and welcoming. The center is seen as a great asset to the community and has had great success in addiction recovery. Reviewers specifically mention the positive experience with Facility Administrator Traylon Smith, who is credited with the positive perception and quality of the location.
- Highly personable and caring staff, including the doctor and counselor
- Willing to help with transportation and assist the homeless
- New, clean facility with professional and welcoming staff
MedMark Treatment Centers Dayton
4201 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45405The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from clients. The staff and counselors are praised for their compassion and dedication. Clients appreciate the individualized care they receive and the overall positive atmosphere of the center.
- Outstanding staff and counselors: The reviews highlight the amazing and caring staff who go above and beyond to help clients feel valued and supported.
- Efficient and personalized treatment: The center provides prompt service with no long wait times and adjusts medications to suit individual needs, prioritizing the well-being of patients.
- Genuine care and respect: The staff at this treatment center are not just doing a job, but truly care about their clients' recovery journeys, making a positive impact on their lives.
MedMark Treatment Centers Milford
749C OH-28, Milford, OH 45150Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers express gratitude towards specific counselors and nurses, highlighting their kindness and helpfulness. The center is seen as a supportive and caring environment, with staff members going above and beyond for their clients. However, there is one review that raises concern about the center not mandating masks for everyone, which may be a point for consideration.
- The center has a caring and supportive staff, including counselors who are described as wonderful, positive, and helpful.
- The nurses at the center are highly regarded for their empathy and willingness to listen and support patients in their addiction recovery journey.
- The center is appreciated for treating patients with respect and dignity, making them feel valued as individuals and not just numbers.
Community Medical Services
42 E Crescentville Rd, West Chester Township, OH 45246Overall, the Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive approach of the counselors and staff, as well as the short wait times and convenience of being able to walk in for help. The center is highly recommended for its friendly and knowledgeable staff who show genuine empathy towards patients and help them in their journey to sobriety.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are friendly, upbeat, and genuinely care about their patients' well-being. They provide support and empathy during the recovery journey.
- Minimal wait times: Multiple reviewers noted that the waiting times at this center are relatively short, with some stating that they have never waited more than 15 minutes to be seen. This efficiency allows patients to receive their treatment promptly and get on with their day.
- Easy access to treatment: Reviewers appreciated the fact that appointments were not necessary and that they could walk in and receive help on the same day. This flexibility and accessibility make it easier for individuals seeking treatment to get the assistance they need without delay.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started