Methadone Treatment Centers Near Findlay, OH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2942 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Findlay. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Findlay, OH
Findlay Recovery Center- Ohio Alcohol & Drug Rehab
1800 Manor Hill Rd, Findlay, OH 45840The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Clients highly recommend the center to their loved ones and praise the caring and attentive staff. The facility is described as clean and accommodating, with excellent food. Some reviewers mention that group sessions could be improved, but overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking treatment for addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are excellent and truly care about each client's recovery. They take the time to listen and understand.
- The facility is clean and comfortable, with great accommodations. The food is also praised as excellent.
- The staff is knowledgeable, kind, and caring, providing fantastic support for those seeking help with their addiction.
1505 N Cole St, Lima, OH 45801The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as caring, friendly, and understanding, and they are praised for their professionalism and dedication to helping patients with their recovery. The facility is also noted to be clean and well-maintained. Some reviewers mention the flexibility of the center in offering virtual counseling and accommodating work schedules. Overall, patients highly recommend this center for its excellent customer service and commitment to helping individuals overcome addiction.
- The staff is caring, understanding, and dedicated to helping patients with their recovery needs.
- The facility is clean and well-maintained.
- The staff provides prompt and efficient service, including offering flexible options for counseling and virtual patient services.
685 Delaware Ave #114, Marion, OH 43302The Methadone treatment center run by Dr. Smith is highly recommended by reviewers. The staff is friendly, the clinic is clean and welcoming, and they prioritize treating patients with respect and kindness. The center is praised for its professionalism, caring approach, and high success rate in helping patients with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and supportive staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are friendly, understanding, and caring towards the patients. They are praised for their professionalism and willingness to help.
- Clean and inviting environment: Multiple reviewers mention that the office of Dr. Smith is clean and inviting, creating a comfortable atmosphere for the patients. This is important in creating a positive treatment experience.
- Quick response and communication: The Methadone treatment center is commended for their promptness in returning calls and texts. This shows that they prioritize efficient communication with their patients and value their concerns.
1655 Holland Rd F, Maumee, OH 43537Brightview is highly recommended by multiple reviewers who appreciate the caring and compassionate staff. They provide medications free of charge until patients can get on Medicaid, which has been helpful for those who have relocated. However, some reviewers mention long wait times and incidents where prescriptions were not called in, causing inconvenience and anxiety. Overall, Brightview is praised for its positive and welcoming environment, with reviewers noting that the staff treats patients with respect and understanding.
- Free medication until Medicaid assistance: The center provides medications free of charge until patients can secure Medicaid, which is especially helpful for those who have recently moved from out of state.
- Compassionate and understanding staff: Many reviews mention the staff's amazing and caring attitude towards patients, making them feel comfortable and supported throughout their treatment.
- Welcoming atmosphere and amenities: Patients appreciate the welcoming atmosphere at Brightview, with snacks and beverages provided. The facility is clean and inviting, providing a positive environment for recovery.
1212 Cherry St, Toledo, OH 43608The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is described as welcoming, understanding, and empathetic, making patients feel comfortable and heard. Many reviewers credit the center and its staff for saving their lives and helping them on their journey to recovery. The center is also commended for its helpful and efficient employees.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are highly compassionate, understanding, and empathetic towards their patients. They take the time to listen and treat each individual as unique, recognizing that different approaches work for different people.
- Patients have reported positive outcomes and successful recovery thanks to the tools and support provided by this center. They feel that their lives have been transformed, and they have regained a sense of purpose.
- The staff are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, providing a welcoming environment for patients seeking treatment. They go above and beyond to assist patients, even in challenging situations, and are able to get things done efficiently.
MedMark Treatment Centers Amherst
530 N Leavitt Rd, Amherst, OH 44001The Methadone treatment center in Amherst, Ohio, called MedMark, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as friendly, knowledgeable, and caring, providing a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. Patients appreciate the efficient and speedy services, as well as the flexibility in accommodating individual needs. Many highly recommend the center to those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as welcoming, caring, and professional. They go above and beyond to meet individual needs and provide a peaceful and comfortable atmosphere.
- Efficient and Timely Service: Many reviewers mention that the paperwork and intake process at this center were quick and efficient. They were able to start treatment promptly, with some even getting medicated on the same day. The center also prioritizes scheduling appointments and getting clients in and out in a timely manner.
- Non-judgmental and Supportive Environment: Clients appreciate that the staff at this center do not judge them for their addiction and treat everyone with respect and care. The counselors are described as understanding and helpful, providing support and guidance throughout the recovery journey.
MedMark Treatment Centers Dayton
4201 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45405The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and helpful staff, who are described as amazing, caring, and respectful. The center is commended for its personalized treatment plans, short wait times, and attentive staff. Overall, it is considered the best treatment center, and many individuals credit it with saving their lives.
- Dedicated and caring staff: The staff and counselors at this Methadone treatment center are described as amazing, caring, and inspiring. They are praised for treating patients with care and respect, going above and beyond to help, and genuinely caring about their well-being.
- Effective treatment and personalized care: According to the reviews, this center focuses on adjusting medication based on individual needs and not just following state guidelines. Patients appreciate the personalized care they receive and credit the center with helping them get their lives back on track.
- Professional and well-managed facility: The center is seen as highly professional and well-managed, with a tight ship run by a caring director. Patients mention the efficiency and dedication of the staff, as well as the overall positive atmosphere at the facility.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started