Methadone Treatment Centers Near Pickerington, OH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 4024 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Pickerington. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Pickerington, OH
Complete Healthcare Addiction & Gynecology East
670 Hill Rd N, Pickerington, OH 43147The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the friendly and welcoming staff, as well as the effective and attentive care provided by Dr. Samuel. The center is praised for its holistic approach to addiction treatment and its nonjudgmental atmosphere. The billing process is transparent and the staff, from case workers to security guards, is highly regarded. Overall, patients highly recommend this center for anyone struggling with addiction.
- Friendly and caring staff: The reviews consistently mention the warm and friendly staff, including the reception, nurses, counselors, and security guards. The staff is described as attentive, patient, and treating patients with dignity.
- Holistic approach to addiction treatment: The center is praised for its holistic approach to addiction treatment, which includes medication-assisted treatment (MAT), counseling, drug testing, and accountability measures. The staff is supportive and offers help with various aspects of patients' lives, such as relationships, employment, and hobbies, to ensure sustained recovery.
- Excellent physician: Dr. Samuel (both junior and senior) is highly regarded by the reviewers. He is described as caring, attentive, and professional. He takes the time to listen to patients' concerns, respects their choices, and provides exceptional care. Patients appreciate his comprehensive approach, whether it's addiction treatment, hormone therapy, or other healthcare needs.
First Step Recovery Center
1649 Brice Rd c, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068First Step Recovery Center is highly recommended by multiple reviewers who feel that the staff is caring, supportive, and knowledgeable. The counselors, specifically Mario, Tim, Rhonda, and Hayley, are praised for their dedication and effectiveness. Reviewers express gratitude for the program, which has helped them turn their lives around and feel hopeful for the future.
- Caring and compassionate staff: Many reviewers mention the genuine concern and care shown by the staff members, including the counselors and doctors. They feel supported and valued as individuals, not just as addicts.
- Effective treatment program: Reviewers credit the treatment program at this center with saving their lives and helping them achieve long-term sobriety. The use of methadone and other medically assisted treatment methods is highly praised.
- Supportive and welcoming environment: The center is described as providing a supportive and non-judgmental atmosphere for recovery. Reviewers appreciate feeling understood and not stigmatized during their treatment journey.
3121 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43204The Buckeye Clinic is highly recommended by reviewers who praise the respectful and thorough assessments conducted by the lead counselor and the supportive and accountable approach taken by the director. The staff, from receptionists to counselors, are described as welcoming, supportive, and non-judgmental, making the recovery process comfortable and easy. The clinic is commended for its strong foundation, dedicated staff, and client-focused approach to treatment. It is also mentioned that Buckeye Clinic provides sober living and hosts regular gatherings for clients and their families.
- The staff at Buckeye Clinic is highly praised for their respectful and thorough assessments, treating clients like family, and holding them accountable in a respectful manner.
- The clinic provides a safe and supportive sober living environment, with accommodating staff who understand what clients are going through and make the recovery process easier.
- The clinic has a dedicated and knowledgeable staff, who provide continuous support throughout the rehab process, helping clients grow stronger and achieve successful recovery.
Complete Healthcare Addiction & Gynecology West
1539 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43222The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Users praise the knowledgeable and compassionate staff who have personal experience with addiction. The center offers comprehensive services, including Methadone and Suboxone treatment, as well as personalized attention and weight loss services. Patients feel supported throughout their treatment and credit the center with saving their lives. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking addiction rehabilitation.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is highly knowledgeable, compassionate, and experienced in addiction treatment. They have personal experience with addiction and can relate to patients' struggles.
- The center offers a comprehensive approach to addiction treatment, combining medication (such as Methadone and Suboxone) with therapy, counseling, and personalized attention tailored to individual needs.
- The center also offers weight-loss services, providing a holistic approach to overall well-being and recovery.
The Recovery Village Columbus Drug & Alcohol Rehab
3964 Hamilton Square Blvd, Groveport, OH 43125The Methadone treatment center, Recovery Village Columbus, is highly praised by many reviewers. The staff is described as knowledgeable, dedicated, caring, and professional, going above and beyond to help patients succeed in their recovery. The facility is clean and well-maintained, with good amenities and food. The program offers informative groups, supportive peers, and helpful tools for maintaining sobriety. There were a few minor complaints about the food and facility, but overall, the center is recommended by the majority of reviewers.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as down to earth, knowledgeable, and dedicated, genuinely caring about each patient's recovery and offering support.
- The facility is clean and well-maintained, with comfortable accommodations.
- The food provided at the center is described as better than expected and diverse, with some reviewers specifically praising the cooking skills of the chief and the variety of options available.
1445 W Main St, Newark, OH 43055The Methadone treatment center in Newark, Ohio, called Brightview, has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from its clients. The staff is described as caring, supportive, and non-judgmental, going above and beyond to provide a welcoming and efficient experience. Many clients credit Brightview with saving their lives and express gratitude for the positive changes they have experienced since beginning treatment at the center.
- The staff at Brightview Methadone treatment center is described as caring, supportive, and non-judgmental. They genuinely care about the well-being and recovery of their patients.
- The staff at Brightview is known to be friendly, helpful, and respectful. They make an effort to know their patients on a first-name basis, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment.
- The doctors and counselors at Brightview are thorough, caring, and concerned about the health and well-being of their patients. They go above and beyond to provide comprehensive care and support throughout the recovery journey.
4300 Clime Rd Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43228Sperio Health is a Methadone treatment center with highly praised doctors, counseling, and front desk staff. Many reviewers mentioned how the center has helped them get clean and improve their lives. The staff is described as professional, friendly, and welcoming, and the facility itself is clean, comfortable, and new. Overall, it seems like a great place for anyone seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Excellent staff and doctors
- Friendly and helpful receptionist
- Comfortable and clean facility
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started