Methadone Treatment Centers Near Poland, OH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 711 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Poland. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Poland, OH
527 N Meridian Rd, Youngstown, OH 44509This Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews overall. Many reviewers praised the caring and professional staff, specifically mentioning doctors Krista and Villaplana. The center is commended for its effectiveness in helping individuals recover from opioid addiction, with several reviewers stating that their lives were saved and their recovery was life-changing. However, there are a few negative reviews questioning the long-term use of Methadone and suggesting that the center prioritizes business over patient well-being.
- Highly recommend the primary care doctor and psychiatrist, who both have personal experience with addiction recovery.
- The staff truly cares about the well-being of their patients and provide the necessary tools for recovery.
- The counselors are highly praised for their caring and willingness to help.
930 Trailwood Dr, Boardman, OH 44512The Methadone treatment center received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praised the center for saving their lives and providing a judgement-free environment for recovery. The staff was commended for their compassion, professionalism, and understanding of addiction. The center offered a range of services, including group therapy, individual counseling, medication, and case management. Overall, patients felt supported and cared for, and many expressed gratitude for the positive impact the center had on their lives.
- The staff is caring, kind, and understanding, providing a judgement-free environment.
- The counselors are easy to talk to and have personal experience with addiction, making them relatable and effective in helping patients.
- The center provides immediate appointments and has a highly professional and knowledgeable staff.
- Patients feel comfortable, supported, and respected, making it easier to open up and seek help.
- BrightView offers a family-like atmosphere, going above and beyond for their patients' well-being.
Youngstown Treatment Services
3622 Belmont Ave #21, Youngstown, OH 44505The majority of the reviews are extremely positive, with individuals expressing how the treatment center saved their lives, helped them become clean and successful, and provided supportive staff and counselors. However, there were a few negative reviews, with one mentioning issues with the director and another warning against going to a different center. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its caring staff, effective treatment, and professionalism.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers noted that the treatment center helped them turn their lives around, regain their happiness, and rebuild their relationships and careers.
- Supportive staff: Several reviewers praised the counselors, doctors, and nurses at the center, describing them as caring, amazing, and knowledgeable. The staff members were noted to be understanding of relapses and provided second chances.
- Polite and professional: The staff members were commended for their politeness and professionalism. They were described as being good at communication, explaining things in detail, and creating a welcoming environment.
MedMark Treatment Centers Youngstown
900 Sahara Trail, Youngstown, OH 44514The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who have found it to be the best facility they've experienced. The staff, including the doctor and counselor, is praised for their effectiveness and professionalism. The center is described as clean and welcoming, treating patients with respect and providing a comfortable environment for recovery.
- Staff and doctor receive high praise: The facility has an amazing staff, awesome doctor, and a counselor who is highly recommended. They treat patients well and provide a peaceful and supportive environment.
- Effective in saving lives and promoting change: Multiple reviewers state that this treatment center saved their life and is the best they have ever experienced. It is highly recommended for anyone ready to change their life and quit addiction.
- Clean and respectful environment: The facility is described as clean inside and out, and the staff treats patients like human beings rather than addicts. Reviewers appreciate being treated well and having longer conversations with the staff.
Addiction Outreach Clinic (AOC)| Suboxone Clinic in Youngstown
819 McKay Ct #102, Youngstown, OH 44512The new location of this Methadone treatment center is spacious and the staff, especially the office girls, are very helpful. The doctors are praised for their care and willingness to spend time with patients. The center is highly recommended, with reviewers expressing gratitude for their assistance and dedication to improving lives.
- The center has a nice new location with a spacious waiting room.
- The staff, particularly the girls in the office, are proactive and efficient in handling insurance and pharmacy matters.
- The doctors and staff are friendly, supportive, and willing to spend enough time with patients, creating a comfortable and unhurried environment.
7067 Tiffany Blvd, Boardman, OH 44512The Methadone treatment center has highly professional and compassionate staff who go above and beyond to help individuals. The center's approach to treatment is refreshing and focuses on helping people overcome their challenges, regardless of what they may be. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive environment provided by the team.
- Supportive and caring staff: The employees at this Methadone treatment center are highly regarded for their professionalism and compassionate approach. Patients feel valued and supported throughout their treatment journey.
- Dedicated to making a difference: The center's treatment approach prioritizes helping individuals overcome their challenges, regardless of what they may be. Patients appreciate the emphasis on personalized care and the positive impact it has on their lives.
- Excellent availability and convenience: The clinic offers accessible scheduling options, ensuring patients have the flexibility to receive treatment when they need it. This accessibility enhances the overall experience for individuals seeking help.
1977 Niles Rd SE, Warren, OH 44484Multiple reviewers praised the Methadone treatment center for its qualified and caring staff, who provided support throughout the process. Patients appreciated the individualized treatment plans and the emphasis on addressing the underlying causes of addiction. Many reviewers were also pleased with the center's organized and efficient approach, reducing wait times and offering flexibility in dosing schedules.
- Professional and Knowledgeable Staff: Several reviews mention that the center has a highly professional and knowledgeable staff. This suggests that patients can expect to receive competent care and support during their treatment journey.
- Strict Medication Management: Multiple reviewers appreciate the center's strict medication management protocols. This indicates that the center prioritizes safety and ensures that Methadone is administered responsibly and according to proper guidelines.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started