Methadone Treatment Centers Near Springfield, OH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1890 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Springfield. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Springfield, OH
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
1416 W 1st St, Springfield, OH 45504The Methadone treatment center, CleanSlate in Springfield, Ohio, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as caring, understanding, compassionate, and professional. The center is commended for its supportive and family-like environment, as well as its effectiveness in helping individuals on their journey to recovery.
- The staff at CleanSlate is highly professional, personal, and caring, creating a supportive and welcoming environment for patients.
- The center prioritizes individualized care, addressing each patient's needs and concerns, making them feel like a valued individual, rather than just a number.
- CleanSlate is highly recommended for its excellent staff, resources available, and their willingness to go above and beyond to help patients on their journey to sobriety.
Spero Health - Suboxone and Vivitrol Clinic in Dayton
7271 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45415The Spero Health clinic specializing in Methadone treatment for opioid addiction has received consistently positive reviews. Patients describe the staff as caring, non-judgmental, and treating them like family, providing support for their journey towards sobriety. The clinic is praised for going above and beyond to accommodate patient needs and offering comprehensive treatment, including medical, mental health, and social support. Overall, reviewers highly recommend Spero Health for its compassionate and effective care.
- The staff is described as amazing, loving, caring, nonjudgmental, and treating patients like family. They go out of their way to ensure patients are taken care of and help them succeed in their sobriety journey.
- The clinic is highly recommended for those seeking recovery. The staff is described as accommodating, compassionate, and going above and beyond to ensure a smooth experience for patients. They truly care about the well-being of their patients and treat them as individuals.
- The clinic is known for its compassionate and understanding staff who are professional but also have a deep understanding of the challenges faced in everyday life. They are described as respectful, honest, and genuinely here to help patients.
201 N Yellow Springs St, Springfield, OH 45504The Methadone treatment center, Brightview, has received positive reviews about their staff's kindness, understanding, and dedication to patient care. The center offers convenient appointment options, including in-person and virtual sessions, to accommodate patients' schedules. Patients appreciate the support and progress-oriented approach of the center, which fosters a positive and safe recovery experience. However, some reviewers mentioned that the center could improve in terms of faster patient turnover or implementing a more efficient system. Nevertheless, overall, Brightview is highly recommended for individuals seeking quality treatment for opioid addiction.
- Great staff that genuinely cares and listens to patients' needs.
- Convenient treatment options, including in-person and virtual groups, to accommodate a normal, productive life while getting recovery needs met.
- The staff goes above and beyond for clients, providing a positive, fun, caring, and safe recovery experience.
Behavioral Health Rehabilitation
1086 Mound St, Springfield, OH 45505Several reviewers question the competence or effectiveness of the Methadone treatment center, expressing surprise that the facility remains open despite negative experiences or concerns.
- Consistently available: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the Methadone treatment center is still open, indicating that it is a reliable and consistently available resource for individuals seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Methadone expertise: Given that the treatment center specializes in using Methadone for addiction, it can be inferred that the staff and medical professionals at the center are experienced and knowledgeable in this form of treatment.
Ethan Crossing Addiction Treatment Center
2317 E Home Rd, Springfield, OH 45503The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from clients and staff. Clients appreciate the beautiful facility, clean rooms, and comfortable beds. The staff is caring and attentive, with many clients forming close relationships with them. The food is described as amazing, and clients enjoy the additional amenities such as yoga, gym, and music therapy. Some reviewers mention that the detox and residential side of the center can be challenging, but overall, clients highly recommend this treatment center for those seeking recovery from opioid addiction.
- Beautiful and clean facility with comfortable rooms and beds.
- Friendly and caring staff who go above and beyond to support clients.
- Delicious and high-quality food prepared by a chef.
- Additional amenities like yoga, gym, and music therapy for a well-rounded recovery experience.
MedMark Treatment Centers Dayton
4201 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45405The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from clients. Reviewers express gratitude for the caring and supportive staff, emphasizing the individualized approach to medication and treatment. The center is described as professional, with a tight ship, and as one of the best treatment centers they have experienced. Clients credit the center with saving their lives and express appreciation for the dedication and care provided by the staff.
- Staff and counselors are highly praised for being amazing, caring, and supportive.
- The center provides individualized medication adjustment based on patients' needs, showing a commitment to personalized care.
- The staff genuinely cares about patients' well-being, with many reviewers stating that they have saved their lives.
MedMark Treatment Centers Columbus East
1809 E Main St, Columbus, OH 43205The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive, with patients praising the friendly and caring staff who make them feel like family. The clinic is commended for its efficient service and lack of judgment towards patients. However, there is a mention of a potential issue with a misleading website link, which may need to be addressed.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is extremely friendly and goes above and beyond to help patients.
- The center provides a non-judgmental and caring environment, where patients are treated like family.
- The staff genuinely cares about the well-being of the patients and goes out of their way to support them in difficult situations.
McKinley Hall Inc
2624 Lexington Ave, Springfield, OH 45505Multiple reviewers express gratitude for the McKinley Hall Methadone treatment center and credit it for helping them in their recovery from addiction. They highlight the supportive and welcoming environment, along with various activities and programs offered. The reviewers emphasize that the center's staff genuinely care about the patients and are instrumental in their journey towards sobriety.
- Effective treatment: Multiple reviews mention that the treatment at the center is working well and helping individuals in their recovery process. One reviewer even mentions that their son is experiencing significant improvements and is happy, optimistic, and clear-headed after just a few weeks of treatment.
- Supportive staff: Reviewers express their gratitude towards the staff at the center, commending their welcoming and calming approach. They highlight the staff's dedication and care, emphasizing that they genuinely want to help individuals struggling with addiction.
- Holistic approach: A reviewer mentions that the center provides more than just a place to live or receive treatment; they offer activities, outings, fitness programs, and NA meetings. This shows that the center takes a holistic approach to recovery, showing individuals what life can be like without drugs and alcohol and providing them with a supportive community.
The Recovery Center of Springfield
363 S Burnett Rd #1, Springfield, OH 45505The reviews overwhelmingly highlight the caring and supportive staff at the Methadone treatment center. The workers are described as amazing, non-judgmental, and truly invested in the well-being of the residents. The center is seen as more than just a place to get medication, with an emphasis on mental health and individual growth. Some reviewers did mention that the center may have a focus on social interaction, which may not be suitable for everyone. Overall, the center is praised for its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome addiction.
- Caring and dedicated staff who genuinely care about the residents and their well-being.
- Comprehensive treatment approach, including mental health services and intensive outpatient programs.
- Encourages personal growth and thinking outside of the box for long-term recovery.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started