Methadone Treatment Centers Near Sylvania, OH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3247 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Sylvania. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Sylvania, OH
Midwest Recovery Center
7540 New West Rd, Toledo, OH 43617The Midwest Recovery Center has received a mix of positive and negative reviews. Some reviewers appreciate the supportive and caring staff who have helped them save their lives and find sobriety. The availability of various amenities like Netflix and smoke breaks, as well as the clean facilities, have also been commended. However, there have been complaints about the center's rules and restrictions, including the lack of visitation opportunities and the high cost for personal items.
- The staff at the Midwest Recovery Center are described as helpful, caring, loving, and understanding. They are knowledgeable and go above and beyond to support their clients on their recovery journey.
- The center provides a structured and accountable program, which has been instrumental in saving lives and achieving long-term sobriety. They offer a long-term program that is essential for successful life changes and achieving lasting recovery.
- The Midwest Recovery Center is described as a clean and welcoming facility that makes clients feel included and supported. The staff are also said to genuinely care about the well-being and progress of each individual.
Ohio Treatment Center
4747 Monroe St, Toledo, OH 43623The Ohio Treatment Center is highly praised by reviewers for their caring and knowledgeable staff, excellent programs, and support for both patients and parents. Many reviewers credit the center for helping them turn their lives around and express gratitude for the staff's dedication and compassion. The facility is described as welcoming, with various treatment options available, and reviewers mention the positive impact the center has had on their recovery and overall well-being.
- Highly caring and professional staff who invest in the lives of their patients selflessly.
- Warm and welcoming environment that makes patients feel at home and not like just another client.
- Knowledgeable and kind staff who truly care about helping people overcome addiction.
6855 Spring Valley Dr Suite 110, Holland, OH 43528Overall, most reviewers have had positive experiences with this Methadone treatment center. They appreciate the convenience of the app, the accessibility of coursework and groups, and the compassionate and supportive staff. The program is seen as life-changing and a helpful tool in recovery, with reviewers expressing gratitude for the program and its positive impact on their lives. However, there are occasional technical issues, and there was one mention of a negative experience with a provider.
- Convenient and flexible treatment options - The center offers access to coursework and groups 24/7, allowing individuals to balance their work life and treatment without having to take time off or explain their absence to their employer. This convenience is highly appreciated by users.
- Supportive and compassionate staff - Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at the center is amazing, trustworthy, and compassionate. They provide a judgment-free and supportive environment for recovery.
- Comprehensive education and tools - Users appreciate the level of education and information they receive from the center. Many reviewers mention that they have learned more about their recovery in a short time than they have in years of prior treatment. The center also provides tools and resources to support recovery, such as the Workout app.
2450 N Reynolds Rd A, Toledo, OH 43615The Reynolds Clinic, specializing in Methadone treatment for opioid addiction, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients express gratitude for the caring and attentive nature of Dr. Adas and the clinic's staff, who take the time to listen and offer support. The clinic is commended for its effective treatment programs and the positive impact it has had on patients' lives. Overall, it is highly recommended for those seeking help with opiate addiction.
- The doctors and staff at Reynolds Clinic are caring and truly invested in their patients' well-being. They take the time to listen, understand, and provide personalized treatment.
- The clinic offers Suboxone treatment, which has helped many patients overcome opiate addiction and regain a sense of normalcy and hope in their lives.
- Dr. Adas, in particular, has been highly praised for his exceptional care and dedication to his patients. He goes above and beyond, even helping with insurance matters and following up on patients' progress.
1655 Holland Rd F, Maumee, OH 43537Brightview Methadone treatment center in Maumee, Ohio has received positive reviews overall. Patients appreciate the caring and helpful staff, as well as the free medication until they can obtain Medicaid. However, some reviewers mentioned long wait times and a prescription mix-up incident. Despite these minor inconveniences, Brightview is highly recommended for those seeking compassionate and respectful treatment for opioid addiction.
- Free medication until Medicaid is obtained: The center provides medication free of charge until patients are able to get on Medicaid, which can be a huge financial relief for those who are unable to afford their medication initially.
- Caring and understanding staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff as being amazing, compassionate, and non-judgmental. The staff, including case managers, nurses, and therapists, are praised for making patients feel comfortable and supported on their recovery journey.
- Welcoming atmosphere and amenities: The center is described as having a welcoming atmosphere, with a clean and comfortable facility. Multiple reviews mention the provision of amenities such as coffee, snacks, and beverages during the wait time, creating a positive experience for patients.
Zepf Center - SASI
2005 Ashland Ave, Toledo, OH 43620The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with praise for the staff and programs offered. Many reviewers express gratitude for the center's assistance in overcoming addiction and improving their lives. However, there are a few negative comments about staff disinterest and a lack of helpfulness, suggesting a need for improvement in these areas.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is praised for their dedication to helping patients and working with them every step of the way, regardless of their situation.
- The center offers a wide range of services to address various needs and struggles, with caring staff available to guide patients in the right direction for help and guidance.
- The treatment center is commended for its programs that deal with dual diagnosis, making it a recommended option for those struggling with addiction and mental illness.
1212 Cherry St, Toledo, OH 43608The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as compassionate, understanding, and caring, providing individualized treatment options. Many reviewers credit the center and its staff for helping them turn their lives around and express gratitude for the support received. The center is also known for its efficient and helpful staff, making it a highly recommended option for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Staff that is welcoming, understanding, and empathetic.
- Effective in helping individuals take control of their lives and find purpose.
MedMark Treatment Centers Amherst
530 N Leavitt Rd, Amherst, OH 44001The reviews for the Methadone treatment center in Amherst, Ohio are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff, short wait times, and efficient paperwork process. The center is praised for its professionalism, nonjudgmental atmosphere, and personalized care. Many reviewers highly recommend this clinic for its welcoming and supportive environment.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at MedMark, particularly the receptionist, counselors, nurses, and doctors, were friendly, caring, and treated them with respect. They provided a welcoming and non-judgmental atmosphere, which made the patients feel comfortable and supported.
- Quick and efficient process: Reviews highlighted that the paperwork and treatment process at MedMark were efficient. Many patients were able to start their treatment on the same day or within a few days of contacting the center. This quick turnaround time was appreciated by the reviewers.
- Convenient location: Some reviewers mentioned that the location of the center was convenient for them, as it was close to their homes or a short drive away. This proximity made it easier for patients to access treatment regularly and reduce the barrier of travel.
Community Medical Services
2727 St Johns Rd suite d, Lima, OH 45804The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from current and former patients. People have praised the helpful and honest staff, as well as the caring doctors. Many felt that the treatment they received at the center saved their lives and highly recommend it to others struggling with opioid addiction.
- Life-saving treatment: Several reviewers mentioned that this Methadone treatment center saved their lives, indicating the effectiveness of their program in tackling opioid addiction.
- Supportive staff: Reviewers highlighted the helpful and caring nature of the staff, nurses, counselors, and counseling assistants. This suggests that the center offers a supportive environment for patients seeking treatment.
- Positive changes and improvements: A review mentioned that positive changes occurred after the center changed ownership, indicating a commitment to continually improving their services.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started