Methadone Treatment Centers Near Toledo, OH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3699 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Toledo. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Toledo, OH
6855 Spring Valley Dr Suite 110, Holland, OH 43528The Methadone treatment center, WorkIt Health, is highly praised for its unique treatment experience that is just as effective, if not more effective than traditional treatment centers. Users appreciate the convenience of accessing coursework and groups online 24/7, eliminating the need to take time off work. The staff is described as amazing, compassionate, and trustworthy, and the program is commended for providing education and support without judgment. Overall, users have found the program to be life-changing and beneficial for their recovery journey. Some technical issues with the online platform have been reported but are considered minor inconveniences.
- Accessible and Convenient: Users appreciate the 24/7 access to coursework and groups offered by the Methadone treatment center, which allows them to balance treatment with their work and personal life. The app-based approach eliminates the need for commuting to physical locations and offers flexibility in scheduling appointments.
- Supportive and Compassionate Staff: Many reviews highlight the amazing and trustworthy staff of the treatment center. Users have found the doctors and counselors to be compassionate, non-judgmental, and supportive throughout their recovery journey.
- Education and Tools Available: Users mention receiving more education and tools from this treatment center than from other places they have been to. The program is praised for providing resources that help individuals understand and overcome addiction, making it an impactful tool for recovery.
2450 N Reynolds Rd A, Toledo, OH 43615The Reynolds Clinic, specializing in Methadone treatment for opioid addiction, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate Dr. Adas and the staff for their genuine care, understanding, and willingness to help. The clinic is commended for its effective treatment methods and the positive impact it has had on patients' lives. Overall, it is highly recommended for those seeking addiction treatment.
- The doctors at Reynolds Clinic are highly knowledgeable, caring, and take the time to listen to their patients' concerns and learn about their lives.
- The staff at the clinic is friendly, professional, and treats patients with respect.
- The clinic offers comprehensive care, combining family medicine, mental health services, and addiction treatment in one place.
- The doctors go above and beyond to help patients, even setting up additional tests and following up on their progress.
- The clinic provides a supportive and welcoming environment, making patients feel like part of a family.
- The clinic is efficient and ensures quick appointments, minimizing wait times for patients.
- The clinic follows all state and federal laws, ensuring safe and legal treatments for those seeking recovery.
- The clinic is dedicated to helping patients achieve long-term recovery and supports their progress and success in life.
- The clinic offers a second chance and believes in the ability of patients to change and overcome addiction.
- The clinic provides holistic care, addressing not only the physical aspect of addiction but also the emotional, spiritual, and psychological needs of patients.
1655 Holland Rd F, Maumee, OH 43537Brightview is a Methadone treatment center in Maumee, Ohio. Patients appreciate the caring and compassionate staff who make them feel comfortable and supported. Some reviewers mention that the wait times can be long and there have been issues with prescription errors, but overall, many feel that Brightview is a great place to seek treatment for opioid addiction.
- Free medication until you can get on Medicaid.
- Caring and understanding staff who make you feel comfortable.
- Compassionate and empathetic staff who treat you with respect.
- Welcoming atmosphere with friendly staff.
- Clean and well-maintained facility.
- Prompt and respectful treatment.
1212 Cherry St, Toledo, OH 43608The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the welcoming and understanding staff who treat them as individuals and provide tools for recovery. The compassionate and knowledgeable doctors and staff are commended for saving lives and going the extra mile to assist patients. The center is also praised for its helpfulness, efficiency, and ability to assist patients in finding employment.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as welcoming, understanding, and empathetic. They treat each individual as unique and recognize that different approaches work for different people.
- The center has received praise for providing effective tools and support for individuals to take control of their lives and find purpose again.
- The staff is described as friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, providing a welcoming environment for recovery and therapy.
4425 Hill Ave, Toledo, OH 43615The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with patients praising the caring and understanding staff, particularly the doctor and nurses. The clinic is described as a safe haven and a place that has helped individuals turn their lives around. However, there is one negative review that mentions concerns about drug use going unnoticed. Overall, the clinic is commended for providing effective care and support to patients in their recovery journey.
- The doctor and staff at the Methadone treatment center are caring and understanding, making patients feel welcome and supported.
- The clinic provides mental and physical therapy, along with comprehensive healthcare, to help patients on their journey to recovery.
- The staff goes above and beyond to help patients, even staying later for appointments when needed.
Ohio Treatment Center
4747 Monroe St, Toledo, OH 43623The Ohio Treatment Center is highly praised by reviewers for its caring and professional staff, excellent programs, and support system for parents. Reviewers mention the center's warm and welcoming atmosphere, the availability of doctors, therapists, and case workers, and the impact the center has had on their recovery. The staff is commended for their compassion, empathy, and dedication to helping individuals overcome addiction.
- Caring and knowledgeable staff: The staff at Ohio Treatment Center is highly praised for their professionalism, compassion, and dedication to the well-being of their clients. They are described as selfless and invested in the lives of others, providing excellent support and guidance throughout the recovery process.
- Comprehensive treatment options: Ohio Treatment Center offers a wide range of treatment options, including detox, residential programs, intensive therapy, case management, and aftercare. They provide a holistic approach to recovery, addressing not only the physical addiction but also the mental health and individual needs of each client.
- Supportive community and second family: Many reviewers emphasize the sense of community and support they found at Ohio Treatment Center. Clients praise the staff for creating a welcoming and home-like environment, where they feel cared for and surrounded by people who understand their struggles. The staff is described as more than just professionals, with some reviewers considering them like a second family.
Zepf Center - SASI
2005 Ashland Ave, Toledo, OH 43620Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews from satisfied patients who appreciate the helpfulness of the staff and the effectiveness of the treatment. The center is seen as a safe environment with caring and compassionate workers. However, there are some criticisms about the lack of passion and helpfulness from certain individuals on the staff.
- Helpful staff and caring nurses who provide support to patients.
- Offers a variety of services to address different needs and struggles.
- Programs are well-constructed and nationally accredited, providing effective treatment for addiction and mental illness.
T. Whitehead Recovery Center
2044 Genesee St, Toledo, OH 43605The Methadone treatment center has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere with a supportive sober community. The staff is praised for their encouragement and acceptance, helping individuals to successfully recover and grow. The facility is also said to provide structure and cleanliness, with some reviews claiming that the center saved their life.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere with supportive staff.
- Provides structure and support for individuals seeking recovery.
- Offers a sense of community and acceptance, helping individuals heal and grow.
Philio New Concepts
111 S Byrne Rd, Toledo, OH 43615The majority of the reviews express a positive experience with this Methadone treatment center. The staff is described as caring, compassionate, and willing to go above and beyond to help patients in their recovery. The center is praised for providing individualized attention and transportation services. There is only one review that questions whether the center is suitable for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings.
- Compassionate and dedicated staff: Multiple reviews mention the caring and compassionate nature of the staff at the Methadone treatment center. Reviewers appreciate their willingness to go above and beyond and their genuine interest in helping individuals with their recovery.
- Personalized treatment approach: The center is described as providing individualized care and treating individuals with respect and dignity. Reviewers appreciate the fact that they are not just seen as a number and feel that their personal needs and circumstances are taken into consideration.
- Transportation services: The center offers transportation services to all doctor's appointments and group meetings, showing their commitment to ensuring accessibility and convenience for their clients. This is mentioned as a positive aspect that sets the center apart from others in the area.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started