Methadone Treatment Centers Near Happy Valley, OR
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3197 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Happy Valley. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Happy Valley, OR
Portland Metro Treatment Center
16420 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97236The majority of the reviews praise the Methadone treatment center, stating that it is the best clinic in the area and that the staff is understanding, caring, and supportive. Many reviewers highlight the compassionate and non-judgmental environment, as well as the accommodating and helpful staff. One negative review mentions a payment issue, but overall, the reviews indicate that the center provides excellent care and has positively impacted the lives of its clients.
- Staff are understanding, kind, and don't judge.
- They provide top-notch care and support for recovery.
- The environment is healthy, understanding, and patient.
- The staff truly cares about you and your life.
- They go above and beyond to accommodate and support their clients.
10230 SE Cherry Blossom Dr, Portland, OR 97216The Methadone treatment center received positive reviews for their efficient detox process, caring and non-judgmental staff, comfortable facilities, and successful outcomes. Patients appreciated the mental health treatment and substance abuse therapy provided, as well as the adherence to COVID-19 protocols. The counselors and staff were praised for their empathy, support, and dedication to helping individuals recover from addiction. Some reviewers credited the center with saving their lives and expressed gratitude for the positive impact it had on their recovery journey.
- Fast and smooth intake process with attentive staff: The center is praised for its efficient and organized intake process, where patients' needs and paperwork are quickly addressed, allowing them to rest and settle in. The staff is described as caring, non-judgmental, and focused on making the stay stress-free.
- Comprehensive and effective treatment approach: Patients highlight the success of the treatment programs at DePaul, with many reporting long-term sobriety. The center offers a continuum of care, including detox, residential, and outpatient services, along with mental health treatment and traditional substance abuse therapy.
- Caring and dedicated counselors: The counselors at DePaul are frequently mentioned as compassionate, supportive, and instrumental in patients' recovery journeys. They challenge patients' thinking and help them develop necessary skills to overcome addiction.
Downtown Portland Comprehensive Treatment Center
324 NW Davis St, Portland, OR 97209The Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews overall. Patients appreciate the staff's dedication and caring attitude, with many staff members working there for years. Patients also mention that the clinic is efficient and organized. However, some reviews mention the lack of options for tapering off Methadone and suggest the need for an extensive outpatient program. Overall, the center is seen as helpful and life-changing for those seeking treatment.
- Close-knit and passionate team of staff members who genuinely care about the patients and strive to provide the best care possible.
- Empathetic and professional staff who prioritize the patient's needs and try to treat everyone as quickly as possible.
- Provides tools and support for patients to rebuild their lives and guides them out of the darkness of opioid addiction.
Belmont Comprehensive Treatment Center
2600 SE Belmont St, Portland, OR 97214Belmont Allied Methadone Clinic in Portland is highly recommended by multiple reviewers. Patients and their loved ones have praised the clinic for its caring and dedicated staff, who have helped them overcome addiction and make positive changes in their lives. Although some minor issues have been mentioned, overall, the clinic is seen as a compassionate and effective treatment center for opioid addiction.
- The counselors and medical staff at Belmont Methadone clinic are highly praised for saving lives and helping patients overcome addiction.
- Patients appreciate the respectful and caring nature of the staff, including the nurses and counselors.
- The clinic is commended for its compassionate and healing-oriented approach to treatment, which has had a positive impact on many individuals' lives.
East Portland Comprehensive Treatment Center
6601 NE 78th Ct suite A-3, Portland, OR 97218The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from several patients who credit it with saving their lives and allowing them to live productively. Patients emphasize that the center provides psychological support through mandatory one-on-one and group sessions, in addition to medication. However, there are occasional concerns about false positive urine tests and occasional encounters with patients engaged in illegal activities. Despite minor issues, most patients highly recommend the center for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- The clinic has been highly effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction, with multiple reviewers expressing gratitude for their life-saving treatment.
- The staff at the clinic are friendly, understanding, and supportive, providing a positive and caring environment for patients.
- The clinic offers a variety of treatment options, including Methadone, Suboxone, and Subutex, providing flexibility and choice for patients seeking to overcome opiate addiction.
- The clinic emphasizes the importance of counseling and therapy, offering mandatory one-on-one and group sessions to address the psychological aspects of addiction.
- The clinic provides convenient transportation options, including shuttle service from the local transit center, making it accessible for those relying on public transportation.
Tigard Comprehensive Treatment Center
10763 SW Greenburg Rd #100, Tigard, OR 97223The majority of the reviews express gratitude and satisfaction with the Methadone treatment center, praising the effectiveness of the program and the supportive staff. Many reviewers mention the importance of following the rules and guidelines of the center in order to have a successful treatment experience. Some reviews also acknowledge the challenges of long wait times and staff shortages, but still express gratitude for the opportunity to receive treatment. There are a few negative reviews that criticize the clinic for prioritizing profit over patient care.
- Positive and supportive staff: Multiple reviews praise the receptionist and counselors for their compassion, understanding, and willingness to help.
- Patient-centered approach: The clinic is mentioned to be focused on the individualized treatment of patients, providing resources for growth and success.
- Lifesaving impact: Several reviews highlight how the clinic has saved lives and provided a second chance for people struggling with opioid addiction.
CODA Treatment Recovery
1027 E Burnside St, Portland, OR 97214The reviews for the Methadone treatment center, CODA, are generally positive. Many reviewers appreciate the variety of services offered, including help with housing and support for DHS involvement. The staff is praised for their caring and attentive approach, and the program is seen as a lifesaver for those seeking recovery. However, there are some criticisms mentioned, such as long wait times, unpredictable staff behavior, and concerns about privacy. Overall, CODA is considered a reliable and caring treatment center that can help individuals overcome opioid addiction.
- CODA works hard to maintain a safe, secure, and caring service, striving to be a leader in the addiction/recovery business.
- The staff at CODA is caring, attentive, and respectful, making patients feel taken care of, loved, and special.
- CODA offers a variety of services, including help with housing, gift cards, assistance with DHS (Department of Human Services), and individualized treatment plans based on each person's needs and goals.
Integrated Health Clinics
17882 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Portland, OR 97267This treatment facility is praised for their life-saving treatment and guidance in helping patients fight addiction and lead a clean, sober life. The reviewer especially mentions Kasey as a crucial figure in their recovery journey. The reviewer appreciates the structure, discipline, and overall support provided by the center.
- Offers specialized treatment that other facilities may not have or offer.
- Provides structured and disciplined approach to recovery.
- Staff, particularly Kasey, is highly supportive, motivating, and invested in patients' success.
706 Main St, Oregon City, OR 97045The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews praising the helpful and supportive staff. Reviewers mention that the center provides compassionate care and helpful programs for opioid addiction. Overall, the staff is described as great, honest, and responsive.
- Helpful and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being helpful and supportive, which can be a crucial factor for individuals seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Compassionate care: Reviewers highlight the staff's compassion in providing care, indicating a positive and understanding environment for patients.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started