Methadone Treatment Centers Near Keizer, OR
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2329 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Keizer. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Keizer, OR
Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center
1160 Liberty St SE, Salem, OR 97302The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive, with many people stating that the center has helped them turn their lives around and overcome addiction. The staff, including the counselors and nurses, are commended for their professionalism, knowledge, and dedication to patient care. Some reviewers mention improvements in wait times and the facility itself, but there are also a few comments about the need for further improvement in certain areas. Overall, the center is recommended for those serious about recovery and willing to follow the program requirements.
- Offers both methadone and suboxone for treatment, providing options for individuals.
- Staff is knowledgeable, professional, and supportive, with many counselors being in recovery themselves.
- Clinic has made improvements, including reducing wait times, increasing the number of groups offered, and expanding the facility to accommodate more clients.
Downtown Portland Comprehensive Treatment Center
324 NW Davis St, Portland, OR 97209The Methadone treatment center has a dedicated and close-knit team who genuinely care about the patients and strive to provide the best care possible. The staff is described as extremely nice and the front desk receptionist is mentioned as being pleasant to speak with. Some reviewers express frustration with the lack of options for tapering off Methadone, while others highlight the positive impact the center has had on their recovery and describe it as a life-saving place. Overall, the center is recommended as a helpful and supportive resource for those in need of Methadone treatment.
- Close-knit and passionate staff: The treatment center has a dedicated team of counselors and staff members who genuinely care about the patients they serve and strive to provide the best care possible. Many counselors have been at the center for years, which is not typical in this line of work.
- Empathetic and professional staff: The staff at the center is described as empathetic and professional, with an attitude focused on putting the patient's needs first. They try to treat everyone on the same day within a reasonable time and set up appointments for the next day if necessary.
- Life-changing and rewarding: Multiple reviewers mention that the treatment center has helped them turn their lives around and saved their lives. They describe the experience as a life-changing and rewarding one.
Bridgeway Recovery Services
3325 Harold Dr NE, Salem, OR 97305The Methadone treatment center, Bridgeway Recovery, has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Many reviewers mention that the staff is caring, compassionate, and supportive, and has played a significant role in their recovery journey. The facility is praised for its comfortable environment, accommodating nature, and the effectiveness of their treatment programs. Overall, reviewers credit Bridgeway Recovery with saving their lives and helping them rebuild their future.
- Therapeutic and supportive staff: The center has a caring and supportive staff that helps patients identify their core problems and heal from trauma and abuse. They provide a therapeutic environment for recovery.
- Life-saving detox and treatment: The center offers effective detox programs that have saved lives and helped individuals get healthy. The staff is described as being like family, providing guidance and support for those serious about recovery.
- Accommodating and compassionate: The staff at the center is described as accommodating, compassionate, and patient. They go above and beyond to make patients comfortable and provide a supportive environment.
Wellness and Recovery of Salem
3000 Market St NE Suite 258, Salem, OR 97301The reviews generally praise the Methadone treatment center and Dr. Helman for their compassion, knowledge, and dedication to patient care. The staff is described as friendly, helpful, and attentive. Patients appreciate the comprehensive range of services offered at the center, including counseling, lab work, and support for overall wellness. Overall, the reviews recommend the center and speak highly of Dr. Helman and the team's commitment to helping patients with their recovery.
- The center offers a variety of medications to find the right one for each individual's needs.
- The staff is compassionate, friendly, and creates a warm and welcoming environment.
- Dr. Helman is knowledgeable, caring, and takes the time to thoroughly explain and discuss treatment options.
Oregon Recovery Behavioral Health
1184 Mcgee Ct NE, Keizer, OR 97303This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Clients appreciate the wonderful staff, the support and guidance they receive, and the tools provided for daily life. The center is praised for being informative, caring, and inclusive, with passionate counselors who go above and beyond. Many clients express their love for the center and feel supported even after completing their treatment. Overall, it is described as a top-notch and caring facility.
- The staff is wonderful, supportive, and caring, providing much-needed guidance and support to those in need.
- The counselors are knowledgeable and passionate about their work, providing a personal touch to the quality of care.
- The center goes above and beyond, exceeding expectations and providing excellent treatment services.
Center of Excellence in Co-Occurring Medicine
12655 SW Center St #150, Beaverton, OR 97005The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for its providers, including DeeAnn, Kyle Anderson, Jeanie, Ginny Weston, Jennie Peterson, Wendy Zamora, and Gabriel. Patients appreciate their knowledge, kindness, and ability to provide effective treatment. The center also receives praise for its friendly and professional staff, seamless virtual appointments, and prompt prescription refills.
- DeeAnn and Kyle Anderson are highly praised for their exceptional care, knowledge, and promptness in treating patients.
- Patients appreciate the seamless virtual appointments, clear and supportive communication, and timely prescription refills provided by the Center of Excellence.
- Many patients highly recommend specific providers like Ginny Weston, Jeannie Peterson, and Jennie for their compassion, expertise, and commitment to the well-being of their patients.
Belmont Comprehensive Treatment Center
2600 SE Belmont St, Portland, OR 97214Belmont Allied Methadone Clinic in Portland is highly recommended by multiple reviewers who have experienced successful recoveries and life-changing outcomes. The staff is praised for being caring, invested, and compassionate towards their patients. While minor complaints have been mentioned, overall, the clinic is seen as a valuable resource for those seeking treatment and recovery from opioid addiction.
- Highly recommended: Many reviews express that this Methadone treatment center, specifically Belmont Allied, is the best they have ever been to. Patients and their family members have tried multiple centers but found Belmont to be the most effective in helping them overcome their addiction and improve their lives.
- Compassionate staff: Reviewers consistently mention the caring and supportive attitude of the staff, including counselors, nurses, and the doctor. They feel respected and valued as individuals who are on a journey toward recovery.
- Efficient and accommodating: The clinic is commended for its efficiency and the speed at which they handle their tasks. Patients appreciate that they can dose on the same day as enrollment. Moreover, the clinic works with patients' schedules and offers recovery resources, groups, and counseling sessions to ensure comprehensive treatment.
Psychiatric Crisis Center
1118 Oak St SE, Salem, OR 97301The reviews generally praise the Methadone treatment center for being helpful, supportive, and non-judgmental. The staff is described as patient, kind, and understanding, particularly when dealing with individuals in crisis. Wait times may be longer, but the overall consensus is that the center is worth a visit for those in need of help with opioid addiction.
- Immediate and secure placement with stable care
- Patient and supportive staff who are kind, gentle, and non-pushy
- Responsive and helpful 24/7 phone support with fast and nice answers to problems
East Portland Comprehensive Treatment Center
6601 NE 78th Ct suite A-3, Portland, OR 97218The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with many users stating that it has saved their lives and allowed them to live a normal, productive life. The center is praised for its treatment options, supportive counseling, and shuttle service. While some reviewers mention minor issues with equipment and occasional negative experiences with staff, overall, the clinic is highly recommended for those looking to overcome opioid addiction.
- The Methadone treatment center has successfully helped numerous individuals in overcoming opioid addiction and leading productive lives.
- The center provides one-on-one and group sessions to address the psychological aspects of addiction, while the medication alleviates withdrawal symptoms.
- The staff is described as friendly, understanding, and supportive, creating a positive and caring environment for patients.
Tigard Comprehensive Treatment Center
10763 SW Greenburg Rd #100, Tigard, OR 97223The majority of the reviews are positive, with many praising the clinic for saving their lives and providing good treatment. The staff, including the receptionist and counselors, are mentioned as being caring, understanding, and helpful. Some reviewers also mention that the clinic can be crowded and understaffed at times, but overall, the clinic is seen as a lifeline for those struggling with addiction. There are also a few negative reviews, with some criticizing the clinic for being focused on money rather than patient care.
- The clinic has a dedicated and caring staff who work hard to provide patient-centered care and resources for recovery.
- The receptionist at the front desk is compassionate and understanding, helping patients in stressful situations.
- Patients often feel supported and look out for each other, creating a positive and supportive community within the clinic.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started