Methadone Treatment Centers Near Mcminnville, OR
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2658 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Mcminnville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Mcminnville, OR
Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center
1160 Liberty St SE, Salem, OR 97302Overall, the majority of reviews about the Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients appreciate the options of Methadone or Suboxone, as well as the dedicated counselors and mandatory group sessions. There have been improvements in wait times and the facility itself, though some occasional issues with staff and atmosphere have been noted. However, many individuals credit the clinic with saving their lives and helping them achieve successful recovery.
- Wide range of medication options: The center offers both methadone and suboxone for treatment, allowing patients to choose based on their preferences and needs.
- Dedicated and supportive staff: The counselors, nurses, and front desk personnel are highly praised for their professionalism, knowledge, and commitment to helping patients. They provide stability, support, and individualized care.
- Continual improvements and growth: The center has made significant improvements over the years, including expanding to a larger building, increasing the number of groups offered, and hiring more permanent staff. These changes have resulted in shorter wait times and easier access, making the overall experience more pleasant for patients.
Downtown Portland Comprehensive Treatment Center
324 NW Davis St, Portland, OR 97209The Methadone treatment center has a close-knit team that genuinely cares about their patients and strives to provide the best care possible. Some patients feel that there should be more options for tapering off the Methadone program. However, overall, the center is helpful for those who need Methadone treatment and has saved lives. The staff is friendly and the center is efficient in its services.
- Close-knit team: Reviewers mentioned that the center has a close-knit team of staff members who genuinely care about their patients and strive to provide the best care possible. This implies a supportive and caring environment.
- Empathetic and professional staff: Another review mentioned that the center has a very empathetic professional staff who prioritize the well-being of their patients. This indicates that the staff members are understanding and compassionate towards the patients.
- Quick and easy process: One review highlighted that the center had a quick and easy process for guest dosing, with immediate greetings and streamlined procedures. This suggests that the center values efficiency and convenience for their patients.
Belmont Comprehensive Treatment Center
2600 SE Belmont St, Portland, OR 97214The majority of reviews for Belmont Methadone Clinic are extremely positive. Many patients credit the clinic with saving their lives and express gratitude for the caring and supportive staff. There are mentions of occasional mistakes and some minor complaints about rules, but overall, patients appreciate the clinic's commitment to helping them overcome their addiction.
- Highly recommended and praised by multiple reviewers for its effectiveness in helping patients overcome addiction and improve their lives.
- Staff is compassionate, invested, respectful, and caring, providing excellent support and guidance throughout the treatment process.
- Quick and efficient service, with a focus on individualized care and understanding of each patient's unique needs and circumstances.
Tigard Comprehensive Treatment Center
10763 SW Greenburg Rd #100, Tigard, OR 97223Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews from satisfied patients who appreciate the effective treatment they receive. The center's staff, including the receptionist, counselors, and nurses, are praised for their compassion and dedication. While some negative reviews mention long wait times and crowded conditions, patients acknowledge that the clinic is doing its best given the challenging circumstances.
- The clinic has a clean and organized environment with a helpful receptionist who shows compassion and goes out of her way to assist patients.
- The staff at the clinic, including the counselors and nurses, are dedicated and caring, working hard to provide resources and support for the patients' recovery journeys.
- The patients themselves create a supportive and nurturing community, looking out for each other and providing a positive group experience during treatment.
Portland Metro Treatment Center
16420 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97236The Methadone treatment center in Portland, Oregon receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the understanding and non-judgmental attitude of the staff. Many reviewers mention that this clinic is superior to others they have attended in terms of the caring and supportive atmosphere. The clinic is highly recommended for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction, with patients expressing gratitude for the positive impact it has had on their lives.
- The staff is understanding, non-judgmental, and genuinely cares about your recovery.
- They provide excellent care and support, making you feel like an actual person and not just another number.
- The clinic offers a safe and healthy environment, with resources available to help with various needs, such as finding housing or affordable healthcare for pets.
East Portland Comprehensive Treatment Center
6601 NE 78th Ct suite A-3, Portland, OR 97218Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Many patients have found that the program has significantly helped them overcome their addiction and regain control of their lives. The clinic is praised for its treatment aspect, dosing, and the one-on-one and group sessions it offers. While there were a few mentions of equipment issues and occasional encounters with drug-related activities around the clinic, the majority of reviewers highly recommend this center for anyone seeking treatment for opioid dependence.
- The clinic offers medication-assisted treatment with Methadone, Suboxone, and Subutex, giving individuals options for their opioid addiction treatment.
- The clinic provides mandatory one-on-one and group sessions to address the psychological aspects of addiction, while medication helps manage withdrawal symptoms.
- The treatment aspect and dosing at the clinic are highly satisfactory.
Wellness and Recovery of Salem
3000 Market St NE Suite 258, Salem, OR 97301The Wellness and Recovery Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and compassionate environment provided by Dr. Helman and her staff. Many patients have found success in their recovery journey, thanks to the knowledgeable and supportive team at the center. The clinic offers a range of services, including counseling and alternative treatments, and Dr. Helman takes the time to listen and explain things thoroughly. The only potential concern raised by one reviewer is whether the clinic accepts Oregon Health Plan (OHP) insurance.
- The staff at Wellness and Recovery, including Dr. Hellman, are caring, compassionate, and truly dedicated to helping their patients on their journey to recovery.
- The clinic provides a warm and welcoming environment, which is a breath of fresh air compared to other clinics that can cause anxiety and stress.
- Dr. Hellman takes the time to listen to her patients, understands their individual needs, and goes above and beyond to provide personalized care and support.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started