Methadone Treatment Centers Near Medford, OR
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1126 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Medford. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Medford, OR
Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. - Engagement & Assessments
1025 E Main St, Medford, OR 97504The ARC (Methadone treatment center) has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Many reviewers are grateful for the caring and dedicated staff who have helped them overcome addiction and save their lives. People appreciate the professionalism, honesty, and respect they receive at the center. Some reviewers highlight the need for more centers like the ARC and express their appreciation for the positive changes they experienced.
- Dedicated and caring staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the staff's dedication and care towards their clients. They are described as professional, caring, loving, and helpful.
- Positive impact and life-saving: Many reviews express gratitude for the center's role in saving lives and changing lives for the better. Clients credit the ARC for their sobriety and recovery.
- Respectful and dignified treatment: The staff at the ARC are praised for treating clients with dignity and respect, creating a safe and welcoming environment for recovery.
Medford Comprehensive Treatment Center
777 Murphy Rd, Medford, OR 97504The majority of reviews praise the compassion and genuine care provided by the staff at the Methadone treatment center, emphasizing that the center is a safe and judgment-free environment. Some reviewers mention the importance of having a positive attitude and following the rules to make the most out of the program. A few reviews mention that the center has helped save lives and express gratitude towards the staff.
- Compassionate and caring staff who prioritize the mental, physical, and overall health of patients.
- Patients have the potential for positive life changes if they approach treatment with a positive mindset, follow the rules, and stay respectful.
- The staff is described as amazing, patient, and dedicated, providing the help needed for sobriety and success.
Rogue Valley Fresh Start Detox
338 N Front St, Medford, OR 97501This Methadone treatment center has highly compassionate and knowledgeable staff who are dedicated to helping clients achieve sobriety. Multiple reviewers express gratitude and praise for the staff's care and support. The center is described as a top-notch facility with excellent nurses and workers.
- Compassionate and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the compassionate and knowledgeable nurses and staff members at the Methadone treatment center, praising their ability to provide support and care throughout the recovery journey.
- Safe and welcoming environment: Multiple reviews highlight the feeling of safety and being well taken care of at the center. This creates a sense of comfort and trust that can aid in the recovery process.
- Effective in promoting sobriety: Reviewers express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their lives, with some claiming to have achieved significant periods of sobriety as a result of the treatment received.
1318 NW 9th St Suite B, Corvallis, OR 97330Reviewers rave about the positive experiences they've had at this Methadone treatment center. They appreciate the supportive staff, quick appointments, and convenience of the Cordant pharmacy. The center is commended for its understanding and flexibility, with reviewers feeling heard and appreciated. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those serious about recovery and looking for a welcoming and effective treatment option.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff at the Methadone treatment center, specifically mentioning individuals like Amanda, Ashley, and the providers. This indicates that the staff is responsive, understanding, and flexible, creating a positive and supportive environment for patients.
- Efficient and convenient service: Reviewers appreciate the convenience and efficiency of the center's services. They mention quick appointment times and short wait times, allowing them to fit treatment into their busy schedules. Additionally, the Cordant pharmacy is mentioned as a benefit, providing easy and quick access to medications.
- Effective treatment: Several reviewers express gratitude for the positive impact the Methadone treatment program has had on their lives. They mention successful outcomes, such as being clean and sober for multiple years and feeling ready to gradually reduce medication usage. This suggests that the treatment program is effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction.
Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center
1160 Liberty St SE, Salem, OR 97302Overall, the majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients appreciate the options of Methadone or Suboxone treatment, the assigned counselors, and the mandatory group therapy sessions. The staff is generally seen as knowledgeable and helpful, and the facility has made efforts to improve wait times and accommodate more clients. However, there are occasional negative experiences mentioned, mainly related to specific staff members or the atmosphere in the clinic. Despite this, many patients credit the clinic with saving their lives and helping them achieve sobriety.
- Offers a choice between methadone and suboxone for treatment.
- Assigned counselor and regular group meetings provide support and structure for recovery.
- Increasing number of staff members has improved wait times and overall efficiency of the clinic.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, including doctors, nurses, and counselors.
- Provides successful pain management for those in need.
- Can receive take-home doses after meeting requirements and staying clean.
Lane County Methadone
432 W 11th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401This Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from multiple users. They praise the center for treating them well and working with them as long as they stay clean and sober. The facility is described as clean, welcoming, and friendly, with various amenities like clubs and coffee. Overall, the reviews suggest that the center prioritizes treating individuals with respect and making them feel valued.
- Excellent staff and treatment: The center is praised for its helpful and supportive staff who treat patients well and work with them on various aspects of their recovery journey.
- Welcoming and clean facility: The facility is described as clean, friendly, and welcoming. It offers additional amenities like art clubs and coffee, creating a positive and engaging environment for patients.
- Personalized treatment approach: Patients appreciate being treated as actual people rather than just numbers, indicating that the center prioritizes individualized care and takes a person-centered approach to treatment.
Integrated Health Clinics
715 Lincoln St, Eugene, OR 97401The Methadone treatment center receives mostly positive reviews, with many users stating that it saved their lives and provided compassionate and caring help in fighting their addiction. Some negative feedback is mentioned regarding the lack of wheelchair access to group rooms. Overall, the center is praised for its friendly and helpful staff who support clients in their journey towards recovery.
- Compassionate and caring staff who provide support and save lives.
- Small and family-oriented environment that makes clients feel like they are with family.
- Non-judgmental atmosphere that helps individuals become the best version of themselves.
548 SE Jackson St, Roseburg, OR 97470The new doctor at the Methadone treatment center is praised for his background in psychiatry and genuine care for the clients. Although there have been some negative changes in the program, such as the removal of some clients and restrictions on accessing other treatment programs, the majority of clients still appreciate the staff's dedication and assistance in their recovery journey.
- Dr. Collins seems to be a caring and qualified doctor with a background in psychiatry, which is beneficial for a program like this.
- The staff at the center is described as caring and helpful, going above and beyond to support individuals in their recovery journey.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started