Methadone Treatment Centers Near Wilsonville, OR
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2772 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Wilsonville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Wilsonville, OR
Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center
1160 Liberty St SE, Salem, OR 97302Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Clients appreciate the option of either methadone or suboxone treatment and the support they receive from counselors and groups. There are mentions of improvements in wait times and facilities, though some negative experiences have been reported with certain staff members. However, the majority of reviewers believe that the center has been beneficial in their recovery and highly recommend it to others struggling with addiction.
- Offers both methadone and suboxone options for treatment, giving individuals more choices in their recovery journey.
- Staff is dedicated, knowledgeable, and supportive, including counselors who are often in recovery themselves.
- Clinic has made improvements in wait times, group options, and facility accommodations, making the overall experience better for patients.
Downtown Portland Comprehensive Treatment Center
324 NW Davis St, Portland, OR 97209This Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its caring and dedicated staff, who strive to provide the best care possible for patients struggling with opioid addiction. The center is known for its close-knit team and the long-term commitment of its counselors. While some reviewers express frustration with the lack of options for coming off the Methadone program, overall, the center is seen as a helpful and life-changing place for those seeking treatment.
- Close-knit and committed team: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as a close-knit team that genuinely cares about the well-being of their patients. They strive to provide the best care possible, which is not typical in this line of work.
- Quick and easy process: Compared to other Methadone clinics, this center is praised for its efficient and respectful treatment of patients. People have reported being treated with utmost respect and experiencing a quick and easy process when visiting the clinic.
- Empathetic and professional staff: The staff at this center are described as empathetic and professional, with an attitude that puts the patient first. They try their best to treat everyone on the same day within a reasonable time, and are willing to set up another appointment if necessary.
Belmont Comprehensive Treatment Center
2600 SE Belmont St, Portland, OR 97214Belmont Allied, a Methadone treatment center in Portland, is highly recommended by multiple reviewers. Patients and their families have credited the center with helping them overcome addictions, get off parole, and improve their lives. The staff, including counselors, nurses, and the on-site doctor, are praised for their care, compassion, and investment in each patient's recovery. Some minor complaints were mentioned, but overall, the consensus is that Belmont Allied is a great clinic that has made a positive difference in many lives.
- Highly recommended: Many reviewers praise Belmont as the best methadone clinic in the Portland area, emphasizing how the counselors and medical staff have saved their lives and helped them enjoy life more.
- Compassionate and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's genuine investment in the patients' recovery, with nurses, counselors, and the doctor being described as sweet, respectful, and helpful.
- Efficient and accommodating: Reviewers appreciate the fast and efficient service at Belmont, mentioning that the staff is quick and knowledgeable in their duties. One reviewer specifically mentions that the doctor worked with them to address an issue and provided advice without any punishments.
East Portland Comprehensive Treatment Center
6601 NE 78th Ct suite A-3, Portland, OR 97218This Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews overall. Patients have reported that the program has saved their lives and allowed them to become substance-free for several years. They appreciate the combination of medication-assisted treatment with counseling sessions, which helps address the psychological aspects of addiction. While some minor issues have been mentioned, such as equipment errors and location inconveniences, the clinic's positive impact on patients' lives is widely acknowledged.
- Life-changing treatment: Many reviewers express how the Methadone treatment center has saved their lives and allowed them to overcome chronic relapses and live substance-free. They credit the program for helping them obtain education, improve their psychological well-being, and live normal, productive lives.
- Positive treatment experience: Numerous reviewers are satisfied with the treatment aspect and dosing at the center, recommending it to others struggling with opioid dependence. They appreciate the counseling sessions, the down-to-earth and understanding counselors, and the availability of various groups and classes to support their recovery journey.
- Supportive staff and shuttle service: The staff at the center is described as friendly, caring, and accommodating. Some reviewers mention the availability of shuttle services for those using public transportation, making it convenient to access the center's services.
Tigard Comprehensive Treatment Center
10763 SW Greenburg Rd #100, Tigard, OR 97223The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. Many patients appreciate the supportive and compassionate staff, particularly the receptionist, and feel that the clinic has helped them turn their lives around. However, there are some criticisms about long wait times and a lack of staff, as well as a few negative reviews suggesting that the clinic prioritizes profit over patient care.
- The clinic has a supportive and understanding staff who are willing to listen and help patients, as mentioned by multiple reviewers.
- The clinic offers a comprehensive program with groups and counseling sessions, helping patients to stay on track and succeed in their recovery journey.
- The clinic provides a clean and safe environment for treatment, creating a positive atmosphere for patients.
541 SE Oak St Suite D, Hillsboro, OR 97123The majority of the reviews express positive experiences at the Methadone treatment center. Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and compassionate staff, prompt service, and cleanliness of the facility. It is highlighted that the center accepts Medicare and OHP, and several reviewers recommend it as a helpful and non-judgmental option for those seeking addiction treatment.
- Accepts Medicare and OHP (Oregon Health Plan) - This makes the treatment center accessible to individuals with these insurance plans, providing them with more options for methadone treatment.
- Fast and efficient service - The center was able to schedule appointments quickly, often on the same day, and provide prescriptions to pick up the same evening. This demonstrates their commitment to swift and efficient care for their patients.
- Friendly and compassionate staff - Many reviews highlight the staff's friendliness, compassion, and willingness to listen. This creates a welcoming environment for individuals struggling with addiction and fosters a positive treatment experience.
The Reclaim Clinic
470 Villa Rd, Newberg, OR 97132The Methadone treatment center, The Reclaim Clinic, is highly praised for the expertise and non-judgmental approach of the doctor, Katie. She is described as understanding, compassionate, and willing to go above and beyond to help her clients. Many reviewers appreciate the personalized treatment plans and the positive impact it has had on their lives.
- The doctor, Katie, is described as kind, non-judgmental, knowledgeable, and interested in helping her clients do well.
- Katie is highly praised for her understanding of addiction and creating a personalized treatment plan for patients. She is described as down to earth, professional, and caring.
- The clinic offers a safe and discrete location for assessments, and the out-of-pocket cost is significantly less compared to using health insurance.
Portland Metro Treatment Center
16420 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97236The majority of the reviews rave about the clinic, commending the understanding and non-judgmental staff, the supportive environment, and the overall quality of care. Many users mention that they have been to multiple clinics and this one is far superior. There are a few negative reviews that mention issues with payment and reimbursement, but they seem to be in the minority. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Staff are understanding, non-judgmental, and genuinely caring about patients' recovery.
- People have experienced positive changes and transformations in their lives due to the quality of care provided by the clinic.
- The environment is healthy, supportive, and patient-centered.
- The clinic offers a wide range of resources and assistance beyond medication, such as helping patients find housing and affordable healthcare for pets.
- Patients feel like individuals who are treated with respect and dignity rather than just another number.
- The clinic goes above and beyond to accommodate patients and make them feel important.
- The staff are compassionate, caring, and make the recovery process more manageable.
- Compared to other clinics, this one stands out as being superior in terms of staff attitude and quality of care.
- The clinic is efficient and organized, with quick lines and great counselors.
- The clinic provides a safe and welcoming environment for seeking treatment, without triggering patients.
- Many patients feel that this is the best clinic they have ever been to, and they wish they had found it sooner.
7185 SW Sandburg St #120, Tigard, OR 97223Customers seem to be pleased with their experience at this Methadone treatment center. They appreciate the convenience of being able to receive treatment from home and feel in control of their own recovery. The staff is described as attentive and supportive, providing quick communication and being available to talk when needed. Customers also mention feeling set up for success and highly recommend the center to those looking to stop using opioids.
- Convenient and flexible treatment program that allows patients to receive treatment from the comfort of their own home through their phone.
- Supportive and attentive staff who are committed to the success and well-being of their patients.
Integrated Health Clinics
17882 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Portland, OR 97267This treatment facility is praised for its life-saving effects and the effectiveness of its specialized treatment with Methadone. The staff, specifically Kasey, is highly regarded for their support, pushing, and caring for the patients. The facility is also commended for its emphasis on structure, discipline, and overall recovery.
- Offers specialized treatment for opioid addiction with Methadone.
- Provides personalized care and support, pushing clients to fight for their recovery.
- Offers a structured and disciplined environment for successful long-term recovery.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started