Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Erie, PA
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Erie for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 233 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Erie can cater to your needs.
Top 9 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Erie, PA
1611 Peach St, Erie, PA 16501The addiction treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the friendly and respectful staff, who go out of their way to make them feel comfortable. Many reviewers highlight the helpfulness and professionalism of the doctors, who listen and provide support. Overall, the center is commended for its caring and compassionate approach to treatment.
- Friendly and respectful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the addiction treatment center were kind, friendly, and respectful. This creates a positive and supportive environment for individuals seeking help.
- Quick appointments and short wait times: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their appointments were quick and that they were in and out of the center within a short amount of time. This is beneficial for individuals who have busy schedules or limited time.
- Compassionate and understanding doctors: Several reviewers mentioned that the doctors at the center were compassionate, understanding, and listened to their concerns. This helps patients feel comfortable and supported during their treatment journey.
Pyramid Healthcare Erie Outpatient Treatment Center
2409 State St c, Erie, PA 16503The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews for its helpful front office staff and supportive program. Patients have appreciated the realistic and polite staff members, as well as the opportunity to meet and connect with others in the program. The facility is also described as clean, and the staff is respectful and focused on helping people achieve good health and well-being.
- The front office staff is awesome and helpful.
- The program and staff have helped individuals stay clean and sober.
- The facility is clean and the staff is respectful and down to earth.
New Directions Healthcare
306 W 11th St, Erie, PA 16501The doctors and counselors at this addiction treatment center are excellent and truly care about the patients. The staff is friendly and supportive, providing endless support and showing respect to those struggling with addiction. Many reviewers credit this facility with saving their lives and helping them get clean.
- Excellent doctors and counselors who genuinely care about the patients and provide support.
- Friendly staff who make it easy to adjust to the treatment and provide endless support.
- The facility has helped patients in many areas of their lives and treats them with respect, which aids in their struggle against addiction.
Snug Harbor Rehabilitation and Recovery
4635 E Lake Rd, Erie, PA 16511Snug Harbor is highly recommended by reviewers who have had a positive experience at the addiction treatment center. The staff is described as amazing, caring, and professional. Reviewers appreciate the smaller group sizes and specific treatment goals provided by Snug Harbor, making it a great place for anyone serious about getting clean and starting their recovery journey.
- The staff at Snug Harbor is highly praised for their amazing and helpful support. They are equipped to handle everyday struggles in recovery.
- The small tight-knit community at Snug Harbor creates a solid foundation for recovery and provides a safe environment.
- The treatment goals at Snug Harbor are specific and personalized, with smaller group sessions that allow for shared experiences and support.
Gaudenzia Community House
16507, 521 W 7th St, Erie, PA 16502The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews from past residents. One reviewer mentioned that their experience at the center was the best in their life and that they learned valuable lessons and tools for maintaining sobriety. The center helped them regain stability, consistency, and also assisted them in improving their relationship with their daughter. Another reviewer mentioned that the staff at the center were amazing, making it the best halfway house they have ever been to.
- Provides effective tools and guidance for stable and consistent recovery
- Helps individuals develop discipline and stability to improve their lives and relationships
- Positive impact on parenting skills and ability to regain custody of children
Gaudenzia House Of Healing
146 W 25th St, Erie, PA 16502The addiction treatment center received numerous positive reviews from satisfied individuals. Patients praised the center for its comprehensive and personalized treatment approach, stating that it addressed both the physical and emotional aspects of addiction. The caring and professional staff members were also highly praised for their support and guidance throughout the recovery journey.
- Excellent staff and support: Multiple reviewers highlight the center's dedicated and knowledgeable staff members who provide exceptional support throughout the recovery process.
- Comprehensive treatment programs: Several individuals praised the addiction treatment center for offering comprehensive treatment programs that address various aspects of substance abuse, including counseling, therapy, and holistic approaches.
Gaudenzia Dr. Daniel Snow Halfway House
361 W 5th St, Erie, PA 16507The addiction treatment center received numerous positive reviews from satisfied patients. Patients praised the center for its caring and supportive staff who provided personalized treatment plans tailored to their specific needs. Many also mentioned the comfortable and clean facility, stating that it created a soothing and conducive environment for their recovery journey.
- Effective and Personalized Treatment: Multiple reviews highlight the effectiveness of the addiction treatment center in helping individuals overcome substance abuse. The center offers personalized treatment plans tailored to each individual's needs, ensuring a higher chance of success in their journey to recovery.
- Supportive and Caring Staff: Many reviewers praise the addiction treatment center for its compassionate and supportive staff who go above and beyond to ensure a comfortable and nurturing environment. The caring nature of the staff helps individuals feel understood and supported throughout their recovery process.
Glenbeigh Outpatient Center of Erie
4906 Richmond St, Erie, PA 16509Customers have praised the addiction treatment center for its knowledgeable and compassionate staff who provide excellent care and support throughout the recovery process. The facility's comfortable and clean environment, along with its diverse range of therapy options, have been highly appreciated by reviewers. Many clients have also mentioned the center's successful and effective treatment programs, leading to long-term sobriety for numerous patients.
- Excellent staff: Many reviewers commend the addiction treatment center for its dedicated and compassionate staff members. They praise the team for their expertise in handling substance abuse cases and providing personalized care to each individual.
- Strong focus on therapy: Several reviews highlight the addiction treatment center's emphasis on therapy as a crucial component of the recovery process. The center offers various types of therapy, including individual, group, and family therapy, which help patients address the underlying causes of addiction and develop healthy coping mechanisms.
1611 Peach St, Erie, PA 16501Based on positive reviews, the addiction treatment center is commended for its supportive and welcoming environment. The Alcanon Club on East 6th St is mentioned as a location that provides assistance for those seeking help with substance abuse.
- Based on the provided reviews, it is difficult to find specific pros for this addiction treatment center as the reviews do not provide detailed feedback about the center's services or facilities. However, based on the available information, here are two potential pros:
- Multiple support options: The center seems to offer support beyond the traditional Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings, as there is mention of Al-Anon Club where individuals can find help. This suggests that the center may provide a variety of support services tailored to different needs.
- Welcoming atmosphere: The review mentions that individuals are welcome at the Al-Anon Club, indicating a friendly and inclusive environment where people can seek assistance and connect with others facing similar challenges.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started