Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near State College, PA
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in State College for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 247 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near State College can cater to your needs.
Top 7 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near State College, PA
AppleGate Recovery State College
915 Benner Pike, State College, PA 16801The addiction treatment center has received numerous positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and attentive doctors and staff who genuinely want to help them in their recovery. The office is described as professional, friendly, and welcoming. Patients feel comfortable and respected, and many have experienced life-changing results from their treatment at the center. Overall, the center is highly recommended for anyone seeking help with addiction recovery.
- Exceptional doctors who genuinely care about their patients' recovery journey.
- Friendly and caring staff who go above and beyond to ensure patients feel comfortable and supported.
- The clinic is professional, clean, and provides a positive and welcoming atmosphere for recovery.
State College Medical
3091 Enterprise Dr, State College, PA 16801The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the compassionate and knowledgeable staff that are non-judgmental and easy to open up to. The facility is praised for its welcoming and supportive environment, with staff members who go above and beyond to help patients in their recovery journey. The professionalism and dedication of the staff are also mentioned as key factors in the success of the treatment center.
- Compassionate and supportive staff: Multiple reviews highlight the kindness, helpfulness, and non-judgmental attitude of the staff members. Patients feel warmly welcomed and have developed trusting relationships with the clinic's staff over the years.
- Professional and knowledgeable team: The staff, counselors, and nurses at the addiction treatment center are described as professional and knowledgeable. They provide effective support and help patients work through barriers to their recovery.
- Safe and caring environment: The addiction treatment center is described as a safe and caring environment where patients feel comfortable and supported. The staff treats every individual with great attitudes and confidentiality, ensuring a positive and effective treatment experience.
St. Joseph Institute
134 Jacobs Way, Port Matilda, PA 16870Positive reviews for the addiction treatment center include praise for the incredible staff, beautiful scenery, and helpful counselors. Many reviewers express gratitude for the life-changing experience, tools for staying sober, and improved relationships. The facility is described as welcoming, supportive, and caring, with a focus on spirituality and personalized care.
- Amazing staff and counselors who provide excellent support and guidance.
- Beautiful and serene location, with scenic surroundings that contribute to a peaceful and healing atmosphere.
Deerfield Behavioral Health
State College, PA 16801Clients praise the knowledge and expertise of Sandra Brill, finding her recommendations helpful and encouraging. They appreciate her personalized approach and appreciate the time she takes to listen. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its caring and attentive care.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The professionals at this addiction treatment center, particularly Sandra Brill, display a high level of knowledge and expertise in treating individuals with mental health issues and substance abuse.
- Personalized and attentive care: The staff takes the time to listen to their patients and understand their unique situations, ensuring that they receive the appropriate medication and recommendations for their specific needs.
- Positive referrals: Multiple reviewers have recommended this addiction treatment center to others, indicating a high level of satisfaction with the care received.
17 E 3rd St, Lewistown, PA 17044The addiction treatment center received rave reviews from former patients. Many praised the knowledgeable and compassionate staff who provided excellent care throughout their recovery journey. Patients were especially pleased with the wide range of therapy options and the supportive community atmosphere, making their experience transformative and life-changing.
- The addiction treatment center provides a comprehensive and personalized approach to substance abuse recovery. Many reviewers praised the center for developing individualized treatment plans that suit each person's unique needs and circumstances.
- The center has a highly qualified and experienced staff. Several reviewers mentioned the professionalism and expertise of the staff members, including the therapists and counselors. This instilled confidence and trust in the treatment process.
- The facility offers a supportive and nurturing environment for recovery. Many reviewers highlighted the caring and nonjudgmental atmosphere created by the staff and fellow residents, which helped them feel safe and encouraged during their journey towards sobriety.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started