Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Wilkes Barre, PA
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Wilkes Barre for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 862 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Wilkes Barre can cater to your needs.
Top 13 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Wilkes Barre, PA
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
100 Wilkes-Barre Blvd #103, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702The addiction treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Many reviewers mentioned the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff, noting their understanding, non-judgmental approach. Patients expressed gratitude for the center's services and credited it with saving their lives. The center's employees were described as caring, friendly, and respectful, with some reviewers highlighting specific staff members for their exceptional service. Overall, the positive reviews emphasized the center's role in providing effective treatment and support for substance abuse recovery.
- Trustworthy and Adequate Service: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the addiction treatment center are trustworthy and provide an adequate service.
- Helpful and Understanding Staff: Many reviewers praise the center for having a helpful and understanding staff who provide valuable information and insights. They are described as non-judgmental and insightful.
- Friendly and Caring Staff: Reviewers mention that the staff at the center are friendly, caring, and professional. They are described as courteous, compassionate, and easy to work with.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
1020 W Lackawanna Ave, Scranton, PA 18504The addiction treatment center receives positive reviews for their friendly and accommodating staff, particularly mentioning specific staff members who are helpful and caring. The center is praised for its professionalism, the level of care provided, and its commitment to patients' recovery. Many reviews highlight the quick turnaround time for appointments and the supportive atmosphere of the center. Overall, the center is recommended for those seeking addiction treatment.
- Friendly and caring staff who try their best to accommodate and help patients.
- Professional and supportive environment where patients feel respected and cared for.
- Quick appointment scheduling and the ability to take insurance for treatment.
90 E Union St #3, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701The positive reviews mention that the staff at the addiction treatment center is friendly, supportive, and compassionate. They are described as patient advocates and have helped patients with various requests such as contacting facilities, finding apartments, and writing letters of reference. The treatment program is also mentioned as a life-saving option for those struggling with addiction.
- Some staff members are helpful, supportive, and compassionate towards patients, going above and beyond to assist them.
- The addiction treatment center has been successful in helping some patients maintain long-term sobriety and save lives.
- Despite some drawbacks, the facility offers a variety of treatment options including methadone and suboxone for opiate addiction.
AppleGate Recovery Blakeslee
393 PA-940, Blakeslee, PA 18610According to positive reviews, this addiction treatment center is highly recommended. The staff is described as friendly, kind, and knowledgeable. Patients feel comfortable, respected, and well-cared for, with the center prioritizing compassion and providing a stigma-free environment for recovery.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Reviewers praised the staff, including the office coordinator Nicole and the provider Kate, for their knowledge and willingness to go above and beyond to help clients. This indicates that the staff at this addiction treatment center are experienced and caring.
- Compassionate and non-judgmental atmosphere: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this center provide services without stigma and treat clients with respect and kindness. This creates a supportive and non-judgmental atmosphere for individuals seeking addiction treatment.
- Responsive and efficient service: One reviewer mentioned that they were able to get an appointment on the same day, even when they were running late. They also highlighted that they felt heard and had their questions answered during their visits. This suggests that the center provides prompt and efficient service, making clients feel valued and attended to.
Clearbrook Treatment Center
1100 E Northampton St, Laurel Run, PA 18706The addiction treatment center has been highly praised for its amazing atmosphere and unbelievable staff who are committed to helping clients achieve sobriety. The facility has been described as beautiful and welcoming, with comforting and accommodating intake and nursing staff. The treatment center offers a wide range of holistic and spiritual options, along with various support groups and comfortable accommodations, making it a recommended choice for anyone seeking recovery.
- Amazing and supportive staff who are dedicated to helping clients achieve sobriety.
- Welcoming and comforting environment, with beautiful facilities.
- Offers a variety of treatment options, including holistic medicine, spiritual options, AA, NA, Refuge, SMART recovery, and more.
Silver Pines Treatment Center
5 White Owl Dr, Mahanoy City, PA 17948The positive reviews about Silver Pines, an addiction treatment center, highlight the fantastic staff, variety of recovery options, and caring atmosphere. Many reviewers express gratitude and recommend Silver Pines for its life-changing and effective treatment programs. The staff is praised for their compassion, empathy, and support throughout the recovery process. The facility is described as clean, comfortable, and accommodating, with great food and a positive atmosphere. Overall, these reviews emphasize the high-quality care, transformative experiences, and strong sense of community at Silver Pines.
- The staff at Silver Pines is highly praised for their kindness, compassion, and helpfulness. They provide a supportive and caring environment for individuals seeking addiction treatment.
- The facility offers a great variety of recovery options, including substance abuse therapy, mental therapy, art therapy, holistic therapy, and more. This comprehensive approach to treatment ensures that individuals receive a well-rounded and effective program.
- Many reviewers mention that their experience at Silver Pines was life-changing and lifesaving. The facility helps individuals transform their lives and provides them with the tools and support they need to maintain sobriety.
61 Ward Rd, Blairstown, NJ 07825The positive reviews about Alina Lodge, an addiction treatment center, highlight the restoration of physical and mental health, the welcoming and supportive staff, the emphasis on routine and structure, the sense of community and connectedness, and the comprehensive approach to addressing underlying causes and providing education and support for family members. Reviewers express gratitude for the life-saving impact of Alina Lodge, the long-lasting sobriety achieved, and the personal growth and transformation experienced. The unbiased and disciplined approach of the treatment center is praised for its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome addiction.
- Structured and disciplined program that helps individuals establish routine and find stability
- Focus on comprehensive treatment, including addressing underlying mental health issues
- Supportive and dedicated staff who genuinely care about the well-being of the residents
Serenity Mountain Recovery Center
94 Adams Dr, Waymart, PA 18472The positive reviews for the addiction treatment center highlight several key aspects. The counselors are highly praised for their expertise and specialization, providing a well-rounded program. Many reviewers mention feeling safe, secure, and cared for by the staff. The spiritual aspect of the program is also commended, with some reviewers mentioning the positive impact it had on their recovery journey. Overall, the center is described as life-changing, transformative, and highly recommended.
- Highly specialized counselors: The counselors at Serenity Mountain are praised for their expertise and specialization in different areas, creating a well-rounded program for patients.
- Therapeutic and spiritual approach: God's Mountain Recovery Center provides a therapeutic and spiritual approach to recovery, offering a unique and comprehensive healing experience for individuals.
- Caring staff and supportive environment: Many reviewers mention the caring and dedicated staff at these addiction treatment centers, who provide a supportive and safe environment for patients to heal and transform their lives.
Community Intervention Center
445 N 6th Ave, Scranton, PA 18503The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the staff's dedication and helpfulness. They are described as some of the best people, dedicated to making a difference in people's lives. The center is praised for providing a safe environment, daily meals, and assistance for those who are homeless or in need.
- Dedicated and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this addiction treatment center are dedicated, supportive, and caring. They are described as some of the best people in town who go above and beyond to help individuals in need.
- Safe and judgment-free environment: The center is praised for providing a safe and judgment-free environment for individuals struggling with addiction. It is described as a place where people can feel safe and supported without fear of judgment or discrimination.
- Provides essential support services: Reviews mention that the center offers a range of support services, including meals, showers, fresh towels, and other basic needs. They are also praised for providing services like meditation and chiropractic treatment, helping individuals feel empowered in their weakest moments.
The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center
60 Hill St, Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702The addiction treatment center has received negative reviews, with some criticizing the center's approach to spirituality and religious beliefs. The Salvation Army's rehabilitation center has been specifically mentioned as being one of the worst in the United States. One reviewer suggests donating items to other organizations instead of supporting this center.
- Offers a faith-based approach: This addiction treatment center incorporates a spiritual aspect into their program, which may be beneficial for individuals seeking a morally grounded rehabilitation experience.
- Convenient donation drop-off: The center provides a drop-off point for clothing and other items, which could be a convenient way for individuals to contribute and support their cause.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
397 N 9th Ave, Scranton, PA 18504The counselors at the addiction treatment center are highly praised and considered to be great. The intake process is described as well-organized. One reviewer appreciated the flexibility of the center in accommodating their transportation needs and scheduling their appointments. Overall, the center is highly recommended for long-term recovery.
- The counselors are great, providing effective support and guidance throughout the rehabilitation process.
- The intake process is well-organized, ensuring a smooth and efficient transition into the program.
- The center is accommodating and flexible, helping individuals maintain consistent appointments even in challenging situations, such as transportation issues.
Wyoming Valley Alcohol & Drug Services, Inc.
437 N Main St, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18705The majority of positive reviews for this addiction treatment center highlight the positive impact it has had on their lives, with one reviewer crediting the center for helping them get back on track and improve their life. Many reviewers also appreciated the caring and supportive staff, particularly the counselor. However, one reviewer expressed frustration with the center's strict attendance policy, which prevented them from joining a group session after arriving late.
- Effective rehabilitation program with positive outcomes: One reviewer credits the addiction treatment center for helping them get back on track, leading to a happy life with marriage and a child on the way.
- Caring staff and support: The reviewer appreciated the groups and their counselor, highlighting that they felt genuinely cared for during their time at the center.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started