Methadone Treatment Centers Near Cranberry Township, PA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3020 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Cranberry Township. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Cranberry Township, PA
1360 Sharon Rd, Beaver, PA 15009This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as friendly, caring, and helpful, and the doctors are praised for their compassion and professionalism. The center is commended for providing fast and efficient service, and many reviewers express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their lives.
- Fast service and knowledgeable staff
- Compassionate and caring doctors and staff
- Friendly and accommodating environment
Right Track Addiction Services
4141 Brownsville Rd Suite 1-A, Pittsburgh, PA 15227Right Track Addiction Services, specializing in treating opioid addiction with Methadone, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff, particularly Matt and Dr. Frye, are praised for their attentiveness, professionalism, and compassion. Patients appreciate the personalized care, assistance with pharmacy issues, and the supportive atmosphere that feels like a family. Overall, Right Track is highly recommended for those seeking effective treatment and a fresh start in recovery.
- Matt and Dr. Frye are highly praised for their professionalism, kindness, and dedication.
- The staff at Right Track Addiction Services is described as attentive, caring, and helpful. They take the time to listen to patients and ensure their needs are met.
- Patients appreciate the friendly and non-judgmental atmosphere at the center. They feel supported and welcomed in their recovery journey.
Summit Treatment Services
3121 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15201Summit Recovery is generally well-regarded by reviewers. The staff is described as friendly and helpful, especially Ms. Angel, the intake coordinator, and the dosing nurses. The hours of operation, however, are seen as a drawback, as they are limited and may not be convenient for everyone. Overall, the clinic is viewed as a valuable resource for managing addiction and starting a new life, with counselors who are supportive and effective.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Summit is really nice, including the dosing nurses and the lady at the front window. They are described as genuinely wanting to see everyone succeed and being helpful and understanding.
- Opportunity for recovery: Several reviews highlight that Summit is a place where individuals can leave drugs behind and work towards recovery. Methadone is seen as a helpful tool in the process, with one reviewer sharing a success story of a friend who graduated from the clinic, got married, and got her life back on track.
- Convenient hours and accessibility: While some reviews mention that the clinic's hours are a downside, others appreciate that Summit is open early in the morning and is located on a bus line, making it easier for individuals who rely on public transportation to access treatment.
1425 Beaver Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15233The Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews from former patients. Many credit the center and Methadone treatment for helping them get clean and stay sober for a significant amount of time. The staff is described as professional, understanding, and non-judgmental, and they offer support beyond the treatment itself, including assistance with housing, job placement, and other resources. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those serious about overcoming opioid addiction.
- Highly recommended for those struggling with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and understanding staff who are non-judgmental.
- Offers a comprehensive range of support services, including clothing, housing, food, and job assistance.
Alliance Medical Services of Pittsburgh
739 Ensign Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15226The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for its great counseling services and excellent medical staff. Patients appreciate the dedicated and caring counselors who go above and beyond to help them in their recovery. The center also provides take-home privileges, flexible dosing hours, and transportation assistance. However, some reviewers mentioned that the clinic has strict rules and long waiting lists for new intakes. Overall, the center is recommended for individuals looking for a long-term solution to their addiction and mental health issues.
- Great counseling and excellent medical staff, including nurses.
- Dedicated professionals who truly want to see their clients succeed.
- Allows patients to be on psych meds and benzodiazepines prescribed by a psychiatrist.
- Staff treats patients with respect and are easy to talk to.
Pittsburgh Comprehensive Treatment Center
1391 Washington Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15206The reviews indicate that the Methadone treatment center has been successful in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction and maintain their sobriety. The center has caring and supportive staff members, with specific mention of a counselor named Julieandra who is highly regarded. The center is seen as a better alternative to using drugs and is praised for its positive impact on people's lives. However, there are some concerns about overcrowding and administrative issues that may affect the quality of care.
- Methadone treatment has been effective in helping individuals stay clean and overcome opioid addiction, as mentioned by a satisfied client who has been clean for over four years.
- The staff at the clinic, particularly nurse Danielle, went above and beyond to assist a patient in maintaining their recovery, even staying after closing time to resolve paperwork issues. The caring and dedicated staff are mentioned as a positive aspect of the treatment center.
Farrell Comprehensive Treatment Center
1914 Mercer Ave, Farrell, PA 16121The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients and staff. The staff are described as friendly, caring, and non-judgmental, always willing to help and work with individuals. The center is credited with saving lives and providing a great environment for recovery. The only concern raised is the issue of cutting in line, which needs to be addressed. Overall, the center comes highly recommended and has had a significant positive impact on many individuals struggling with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at the Methadone treatment center is great, caring, and supportive. They don't judge and are willing to work with patients no matter what problems they face.
- Effective treatment: Several reviews emphasized that the center has been extremely helpful and life-saving. It has helped people tremendously in overcoming opioid addiction and saved lives.
- Efficient and pleasant process: One review mentioned that guest dosing was a quick and easy process, with pleasant staff members. This suggests that the treatment center has an efficient and smooth operation.
New Castle Comprehensive Treatment Center
2710 W State St, New Castle, PA 16101Reviewers consistently praise the staff at the Methadone treatment center, describing them as caring, understanding, and non-judgmental. The center is credited with saving lives, and reviewers express gratitude for the help they have received. The only negative feedback relates to the limited availability of group sessions, which can cause stress for some individuals with fluctuating schedules. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its effective treatment and supportive staff.
- The team at this Methadone treatment center is described as beyond amazing, caring, and understanding. They genuinely want to help individuals on their journey to recovery.
- The staff and nurses are highly praised for being kind, helpful, and non-judgmental. They create a positive and supportive environment for those seeking treatment.
- The treatment center is credited with being effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction and has been described as a lifesaver by multiple reviewers.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started