Methadone Treatment Centers Near Doylestown, PA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2733 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Doylestown. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Doylestown, PA
4432 E Bristol Rd, Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053Crossroads Treatment Center is highly recommended by reviewers who have had positive experiences and felt respected and cared for by the staff. The center is described as clean, organized, and accommodating, with quick visits and friendly providers. Patients appreciate the support and assistance they receive, and many feel that Crossroads has helped them maintain their sobriety.
- The staff is friendly, respectful, and caring towards patients, creating a supportive environment for recovery.
- The center has quick visits and efficient processes, resulting in minimal wait times and a seamless experience.
- The doctors and staff are knowledgeable, professional, and provide helpful advice and guidance for patients' recovery journeys.
The Healing Way Behavioral Health Drug and Alcohol Center
7900 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19136The Healing Way is praised by multiple reviewers for their caring and dedicated staff who go above and beyond to help patients stay clean and live productive lives. The program is credited with turning lives around and providing the necessary support, love, and dedication to achieve sobriety. Some negative comments suggest that success in the program depends on an individual's commitment and participation.
- The staff genuinely cares and goes above and beyond to help patients stay clean and live productive lives.
- The center has a supportive and caring environment, where patients are treated with respect and made to feel like a part of the family.
- The program is effective, with many patients successfully staying clean and earning take-home medications. The center works with individuals to help them be accountable and achieve sobriety.
Huntingdon Valley Comprehensive Treatment Center
2755 Philmont Ave # 115, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Many reviewers emphasize the importance of individual effort and dedication in the recovery process. The center is praised for its experienced and knowledgeable staff, clean facilities, and the supportive and caring environment it provides. Some reviews suggest that it is crucial to arrive early to avoid long wait times, but overall, the treatment effectiveness is considered to be successful.
- The staff, including counselors, have personal experience with recovery and can relate to patients.
- The treatment center has a clean and comfortable environment.
- They provide medication and support for those committed to their recovery journey.
9150 Marshall St #2217, Philadelphia, PA 19114This Methadone treatment center is praised for its supportive and caring staff, especially the doctor and counselors. The nursing staff is commended for their professionalism and supportiveness. The center is described as a place that has helped save lives and is recommended for those looking for a stress-free and recovery-based environment.
- Caring and supportive staff: Many reviewers mention the caring and understanding nature of the staff, from the doctors to the counseling and nursing staff. They are praised for their professionalism and support in helping patients with their recovery.
- Life-saving treatment: Several reviewers explicitly state that this treatment center saved their lives. They credit the center and its program for helping them stay clean and overcome their addiction to opioids.
- Stress-free and recovery-based environment: The treatment center is described as a stress-free environment that focuses on recovery. Reviewers appreciate the friendly and professional staff who aid clients in reaching a sober way of life.
Allentown Comprehensive Treatment Center
2970 Corporate Ct, Orefield, PA 18069The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with patients praising the friendly and helpful staff, clean facility, and efficient dosing process. Many express gratitude for the center's role in saving their lives and transitioning them away from opioid addiction. However, there are a few reviews mentioning changes in staff and concerns about the center's response to emergencies, such as inclement weather. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its compassionate and professional approach to treatment.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Quick dosing line and minimal group sessions
- Clean and professional facility
Montgomery County Recovery Center
316 DeKalb St, Norristown, PA 19401The majority of the reviews praise the staff at the Methadone treatment center, specifically mentioning counselors and nurses who have been helpful and caring. Some reviewers credit the center for saving their lives and turning their lives around. There are also mentions of issues with confidentiality and gossip among clients, but overall, the treatment center is seen as a positive place that can help individuals recover from addiction if they are committed to the process.
- Excellent staff: The staff at the MCMC Methadone treatment center, such as Ms. Shani Collins and Marie, are highly praised for their dedication and care in helping clients on their recovery journey.
- Positive impact: Multiple reviews mention that the center has helped save lives and change lives for the better. Clients have reported significant improvements and a positive direction in their lives after receiving treatment.
- Personal support and positive reinforcement: The counselors and staff at MCMC provide personal support and positive reinforcement, making clients feel valued and motivated on their path to recovery.
Aldie Counseling Center
11 Welden Dr, Doylestown, PA 18901The reviews overwhelmingly praise Aldie Counseling Center for its caring staff, effective treatment program, and positive outcomes. Clients appreciate the attentiveness and support provided by their counselors and therapists. The center also receives high marks for its comprehensive approach to treatment, including meetings, therapy sessions, and groups. Several reviewers credit Aldie with saving their lives and express gratitude for the staff's dedication and care.
- The counseling center provides various services including meetings, therapy sessions, and groups.
- The staff genuinely cares about the clients and goes above and beyond to help them.
- The program is effective and has helped many people in their recovery journey.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started