Methadone Treatment Centers Near Easton, PA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2384 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Easton. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Easton, PA
Allentown Comprehensive Treatment Center
2970 Corporate Ct, Orefield, PA 18069The overall consensus from the reviews is that this Methadone treatment center is highly recommended. Patients appreciate the compassionate and helpful staff, the clean and pleasant environment, and the minimal wait times. Many reviewers credit this clinic with saving their lives and speak highly of the program and counselors. However, there are a few negative comments about changes in staff and concerns about safety during inclement weather.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being nice, caring, and treating patients with respect.
- Quick and efficient dosing process: Patients mention minimal groups and short wait times for dosing, allowing for a smooth and convenient experience.
- Life-saving facility: Several reviews mention how this center has saved their lives and helped them overcome addiction.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
1401 Easton Ave, Bethlehem, PA 18018The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the helpful and friendly staff, cleanliness of the office, and the caring and compassionate approach to treatment. Many reviewers mention that their experience at CleanSlate was better than other clinics they have been to, and they highly recommend it to others in need of help with addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as awesome, kind, friendly, and caring. They genuinely care about their patients' well-being and go out of their way to help them.
- The clinic is highly recommended by multiple reviewers and is considered the best choice for getting clean. The staff is professional, respectful, and non-judgmental. Patients feel safe, comfortable, and welcomed at this center.
The Healing Way Behavioral Health Drug and Alcohol Center
7900 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19136The Healing Way is praised by multiple reviewers for its effectiveness in helping them overcome their addiction and turn their lives around. Reviewers appreciate the caring and supportive staff who go above and beyond to provide them with the tools and resources needed for recovery. The clinic is commended for its accountability and dedication to sobriety, and reviewers mention specific staff members who have made a positive impact on their journey. Overall, The Healing Way is highly recommended for those serious about getting and staying clean.
- The staff genuinely cares and goes above and beyond to help patients stay clean and live a productive life.
- The treatment center is serious about sobriety and holds patients accountable, while also supporting and encouraging their growth.
- The program is effective when followed properly, and patients have earned take-home medication privileges and achieved long-term sobriety.
9150 Marshall St #2217, Philadelphia, PA 19114The Methadone treatment center has a reputation for helping individuals stay clean and supporting their recovery journey. Many reviewers praised the caring and supportive staff, including the doctors, counselors, and nursing staff, who were described as professional, understanding, and inspiring. The center was credited with saving lives and being an effective place for maintaining sobriety, although some reviewers mentioned that the group sessions could be improved. Overall, the center is recommended for those looking to stay clean and sober.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is described as caring, supportive, and understanding. They are often praised for their professionalism and dedication to helping patients in their recovery journey.
- Patients appreciate the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, as well as the stress-free and recovery-based environment created at the center.
- Many patients credit the Methadone treatment center for saving their lives and helping them stay clean from opiates. The clinic is often recommended to those who are serious about staying clean and sober.
90 E Union St #3, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701The staff at this Methadone treatment center is described as helpful, supportive, compassionate, and professional. Some reviewers mentioned that staff members went above and beyond to assist them, while others expressed frustration with inconvenient dosing hours and limited take-home doses. Overall, the center is praised for its effectiveness in treating opioid addiction and the caring nature of the staff, although some reviewers mentioned the need for more funding.
- Helpful and supportive staff: The center's staff is praised for being helpful, supportive, and compassionate. They go above and beyond to assist patients in various ways, such as contacting facilities, finding apartments, and providing reference letters.
- Kind and accommodating service: The center is commended for its exceptional employees who are described as kind and accommodating. Patients have mentioned how the head counselor went out of his way to help and how the staff truly cares about their well-being.
- Life-changing treatment: Methadone is recommended as a good option for those struggling with heroin addiction, especially if other treatment methods have been unsuccessful. Patients have reported that the center has helped them stay consistently sober for an extended period, allowing them to get their lives back on track.
Montgomery County Recovery Center
316 DeKalb St, Norristown, PA 19401The overall sentiment of the reviews is positive, with multiple reviewers attributing the Methadone treatment center to saving their lives and helping them achieve sobriety. The staff, specifically certain counselors, received praise for their support and dedication to helping clients. Some negative aspects mentioned include issues with client confidentiality and gossip-like behavior among clients, but overall, the treatment center is credited with making positive changes in people's lives.
- Dedicated and caring staff - Multiple reviewers mentioned specific counselors and staff members who were instrumental in their recovery journey, highlighting the positive impact of the staff at the center.
- Life-saving treatment - Reviewers expressed how the Methadone treatment provided at this center saved their lives and helped them overcome their addiction. Some mentioned witnessing others' lives being saved as well.
- Positive reinforcement and support - The center provides effective positive reinforcement and support, encouraging individuals to stay on the path of recovery and make positive changes in their lives.
Huntingdon Valley Comprehensive Treatment Center
2755 Philmont Ave # 115, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are quite positive. Many reviewers emphasize the importance of putting effort into recovery and attending groups to achieve success. The clinic is praised for its supportive and understanding staff, as well as its clean and welcoming environment. Patients appreciate the dignity and respect they receive at the center, and the fact that the counselors have personal experience with recovery. However, some reviewers mention that the wait times can be long if you arrive later in the morning.
- The staff, including counselors, have personal experience with addiction and recovery, offering a relatable perspective for patients.
- The clinic has a long history of treating patients with dignity and respect, providing a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
- The facility is clean and well-maintained, creating a comfortable setting for recovery.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started