Methadone Treatment Centers Near Exton, PA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1872 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Exton. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Exton, PA
The Healing Way Behavioral Health Drug and Alcohol Center
7900 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19136The Methadone treatment center, The Healing Way, has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from individuals who have found sobriety and success in their recovery journey. The staff is praised for their genuine care and dedication to helping patients stay clean. The program is highly recommended for those who are serious about their sobriety and willing to put in the effort to work the program effectively.
- The staff at The Healing Way genuinely cares for their patients and will do whatever is needed to help them stay clean.
- The counselors and therapists at The Healing Way are committed and go above and beyond to support their patients' recovery journey.
- The program at The Healing Way has successfully turned people's lives around, providing hope, support, and dedication to helping individuals overcome their addiction.
152 W Main St, Norristown, PA 19401Crossroads is praised for its supportive and understanding staff who work with patients, including allowing for virtual visits. The doctors, particularly Dr. Lisa Johnson and Dr. Antonio, are commended for their caring and professional approach, as well as their genuine concern for patients. The convenience of once-a-month appointments, quick service, and additional support services are also appreciated. The overall atmosphere is described as friendly, supportive, and effective in helping addicts on their recovery journey.
- The staff at Crossroads is highly praised for their empathy and caring attitude towards patients. Reviewers mention that doctors and nurses genuinely care about their well-being and show concern for their recovery.
- The center offers convenience for patients, with quick appointments and the ability to take medication from home. The staff is described as polite and friendly, making the experience positive for patients.
- Crossroads is recommended for its friendly service and professionalism. Patients mention that the staff is knowledgeable, efficient, and easy to work with. The center is commended for its commitment to helping patients recover from addiction.
9150 Marshall St #2217, Philadelphia, PA 19114This Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews overall. The staff, including the doctor, counselors, and nursing staff, are highly praised for their care, support, and professionalism. The center is described as a reliable place for maintenance and recovery from opioid addiction. The only negative aspect mentioned is regarding the front desk staff.
- Caring and supportive staff: Multiple reviews highlight the caring and understanding nature of the staff, including nurses, counselors, and the doctor. They are described as professional, supportive, and even inspiring.
- Effective treatment: Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them stay clean. They emphasize the importance of being compliant with the program and maintaining focus on recovery. The center is described as a great place for maintenance and a stress-free environment for reaching a sober way of life.
Huntingdon Valley Comprehensive Treatment Center
2755 Philmont Ave # 115, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are generally positive. Many reviewers emphasize the importance of actively participating in the recovery process, including attending groups and identifying triggers. Several patients have been attending the center for over 10 years and appreciate the support and understanding from the staff. The clinic is described as clean and effective in helping individuals who are serious about their recovery.
- Staff members are in recovery and can relate to patients.
- Patients are treated with dignity and respect.
- The clinic has a relaxed environment and is appreciated by patients.
928 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107The positive reviews highlight that the Methadone treatment center in Philly, AMHA, is highly regarded by patients who have found success in their recovery journey. Patients appreciate the supportive and caring staff, as well as the location and group offerings. Many reviewers credit the clinic with saving their lives and express gratitude for the assistance they received.
- Great staff and support: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as amazing and caring, providing support to individuals struggling with opioid addiction.
- Life-saving program: Several reviews express gratitude for the center, stating that it saved their lives and helped them regain control. This suggests that the program is effective in helping individuals overcome their addiction.
- Convenient location and positive environment: The center is praised for its location and the positive atmosphere created by the staff and fellow patients, making it a suitable choice for those seeking a no-nonsense clinic.
Pottstown Comprehensive Treatment Center
301 Circle of Progress Dr, Pottstown, PA 19464Reviewers have praised the helpfulness and dedication of the counselors at the Methadone treatment center, highlighting their willingness to listen and work directly with patients to address their issues. The staff members are described as empathetic, respectful, and understanding, going above and beyond to support individuals struggling with opioid addiction. While one review mentions that the treatment program can be time-consuming, the staff is overall seen as accommodating and knowledgeable.
- Helpful and dedicated counselors who take their jobs seriously and work with you to address triggers and underlying issues.
- Excellent staff members who are empathetic, respectful, patient, and go the extra mile to help clients combat opioid addiction.
- Accommodating and knowledgeable staff, with a well-rounded program that includes interesting group sessions.
5000 Parkside Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19131Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are generally positive with several individuals expressing gratitude for the help they received. Dr. Bobb is specifically praised for his genuine care towards patients. While some reviewers acknowledge that there may be negative aspects to the center, they emphasize that a positive mindset and personal dedication to recovery can lead to a successful experience. The only suggestion for improvement is to hire more nurses.
- Dr. Bobb genuinely cares about his patients and provides personalized care.
- Positive experience with therapists and group members, creating a supportive environment for recovery.
- The center has helped individuals achieve long-term sobriety when they actively participate and don't cause trouble.
33 Williams St, Lansdowne, PA 19050This Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for its helpful staff, individual counseling, and group meetings. Many people have had successful outcomes, with improvements in their lives, relationships, and careers. The facility is clean and new. While there are some limitations, such as longer wait times for take-home medications and occasional lines, overall the center is praised for its fast service and friendly atmosphere. However, there may be some issues with the higher-level staff.
- Great staff who go above and beyond to help clients, providing individual counseling and group meetings.
- Brand new facility that is kept very clean.
- Fast lines and friendly workers.
3200 W 9th St, Chester, PA 19013Crossroads of Chester is highly recommended by multiple reviewers who have experienced fast and friendly staff, professional and dedicated faculty, and supportive services. Patients appreciate the help in managing their lives and the caring, respectful, and helpful staff who listen to them and keep them on the right track.
- Fast and friendly staff
- Supportive and caring faculty
- Professional and competent clinical staff
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started