Methadone Treatment Centers Near Hermitage, PA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2406 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Hermitage. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Hermitage, PA
17 6th Ave, Greenville, PA 16125Crossroads Treatment Center is highly recommended by many reviewers for its caring staff and helpful atmosphere. The doctors and staff are described as professional, friendly, and easy to talk to. The center is commended for treating patients with respect and understanding, and for providing various avenues for recovery. Some reviewers mentioned minor issues such as occasional WiFi outages or excessive paperwork, but overall, Crossroads is praised for its positive impact on patients' lives and commitment to their well-being.
- Caring and supportive staff who are willing to assist and listen to patients.
- Professional and friendly atmosphere with a team that is dedicated to helping patients improve their lives.
- Quick and efficient appointment scheduling process, with the ability to handle consultations via Zoom.
125 E North St 123A Rear, New Castle, PA 16101The majority of the reviews are positive, with many praising the staff for their helpfulness, kindness, and understanding. The center is commended for having minimal waiting times and providing prompt assistance. However, there is one review that expresses dissatisfaction with a doctor not calling in a prescription and another that mentions a doctor repeatedly reporting positive results for benzodiazepines in a urine test, despite the patient claiming not to have taken any since September.
- The staff is incredibly helpful, nice, and caring. They go above and beyond to quickly provide the help and support needed for addiction treatment.
- The office is clean, and the front desk staff are friendly and welcoming.
- The doctors and nurses are attentive, understanding, and aim to provide effective treatment options for patients.
New Castle Comprehensive Treatment Center
2710 W State St, New Castle, PA 16101The majority of reviewers have positive things to say about the Methadone treatment center. They praise the caring and understanding team, and appreciate the non-judgmental and helpful staff. The center is described as a lifesaver and a place that has helped individuals with opiate addiction. Some reviewers mention the need for more group options and schedule flexibility, but overall, the center is highly recommended for its effective treatment and supportive staff.
- The team at the Methadone treatment center is caring and understanding, making patients feel valued and supported.
- The staff is described as helpful, non-judgmental, and supportive in helping patients understand and overcome their opioid addiction.
- The treatment center is effective in helping patients stay off drugs, manage chronic pain, and save lives.
Farrell Comprehensive Treatment Center
1914 Mercer Ave, Farrell, PA 16121The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients, who praise the staff, doctors, and resources provided. Many reviewers say that the center has helped them tremendously and even saved their lives. There are some minor issues mentioned, such as cutting in lines, but overall, the center is highly recommended for its supportive and effective approach to treating opioid addiction.
- Great staff, doctors, and counselors who are caring, nonjudgmental, and supportive.
- Provides a wide range of resources to address various problems related to addiction.
- Effective in saving lives and helping individuals overcome opioid addiction.
207 M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Farrell, PA 16121The reviewer experienced a slight hiccup with their prescription not being sent to the pharmacy on the scheduled day, but the center promptly resolved the issue through a telehealth appointment and ensured the medication was received. They expressed gratitude for the support during this process. Another reviewer described their experience as carefree and non-judgmental, with attentive staff who were willing to listen. Additionally, a third reviewer praised the center for its efficiency and described their appointments as quick and easy.
- Prompt and efficient service: The center promptly resolved a prescription issue by arranging a telehealth appointment and ensuring the medication was successfully delivered to the pharmacy.
- Non-judgmental and attentive staff: Patients praise the center for providing a carefree and supportive environment with open-minded staff that lend a listening ear.
- Quick and convenient appointments: Patients appreciate the ease and speed of their appointments, emphasizing the efficiency of the center's operations.
Alliance Medical Services of Pittsburgh
739 Ensign Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15226The Methadone treatment center has great counseling and excellent medical staff. The staff are dedicated professionals who want to see patients succeed. Patients are advised to be committed to the program and follow the rules to get the most out of it.
- Great counseling staff: The center has excellent counselors and staff who are dedicated to helping patients improve their lives.
- Flexible dosing and treatment options: The center offers take-home privileges after 90 days of clean time, increases methadone dosage by up to 10mg at a time, and allows patients to choose the length of their treatment.
- Support for mental health issues: The center permits patients to be on psychiatric medications and benzodiazepines if prescribed by a psychiatrist, making it a suitable option for those with co-occurring mental health issues.
201C Erie St, Grove City, PA 16127The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with patients mentioning friendly and accommodating staff, quick and easy appointments, and a clean and smooth operation. Some reviews mention improvements in staff and appointment availability, as well as the need for better communication and additional resources. Overall, the center is praised for its compassionate and nonjudgmental approach to treatment.
- Great changes made to the office, including regular in-person doctor and more appointment slots.
- Friendly and accommodating staff who get to know patients on a personal level and provide plenty of resources.
- Professional, nonjudgmental, and kind treatment from the entire staff.
Pittsburgh Comprehensive Treatment Center
1391 Washington Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15206The first review describes Methadone as a life-saving solution for opioid addiction but suggests considering other options first before trying it. The second review mentions the clinic being overwhelmed with clients and a lack of support, but overall better than street alternatives. The third review praises the staff for their exceptional care and going above and beyond to ensure the patient's recovery. The final reviews mention both positive experiences with staff and the overall effectiveness of the facility for recovery.
- Methadone treatment has been successful in saving lives and helping individuals get clean.
- The staff at the center shows genuine care and support for their clients, checking in and providing the necessary information for successful treatment.
New Directions Healthcare
306 W 11th St, Erie, PA 16501The reviews consistently praise the Methadone treatment center for its supportive and knowledgeable staff. Many reviewers mention how the facility has helped them stay clean and rebuild their lives. Overall, the reviewers highly recommend this center to anyone in need of medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction.
- Endless support and willingness to work around scheduling conflicts.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate staff who provide nonjudgmental treatment.
- Excellent doctors and counselors who genuinely care about patients and their recovery.
Greenfield Counseling Inc
11127 Perry Hwy, Meadville, PA 16335Greenfield Counseling, a Methadone treatment center in Pennsylvania, received positive reviews for their friendly and supportive staff, efficient and clean facility, and quick dosing process. Patients appreciate the caring and personalized approach of the nursing staff and receptionists. Some reviewers also found the groups and informational resources provided at the center to be helpful. However, one reviewer expressed frustration with the feeling of being trapped due to the dependence on Methadone for staying clean.
- Extremely friendly and supportive staff
- Clean and welcoming facility
- Quick dosing and minimal waiting time
- Knowledgeable and caring nursing staff
- Informative and useful groups to learn and improve oneself
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started