Methadone Treatment Centers Near Johnstown, PA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 4498 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Johnstown. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Johnstown, PA
Summit Treatment Services
3121 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15201Summit, a Methadone treatment center, has received mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the friendly staff, efficient service, and supportive counselors. The main complaint is the limited operating hours, but the center is closed on Sundays and provides take-home bottles. Overall, patients agree that the success of the treatment program depends on personal commitment and effort.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this Methadone treatment center as being kind, nice, and helpful. This can contribute to a positive and comfortable treatment experience.
- Flexibility of take-home bottles: The center is closed on Sundays, allowing patients to receive a take-home bottle and not have to come in for dosing. This can be convenient for individuals seeking flexible treatment options.
- Focus on individual success: The center is described as sincerely wanting to see everyone succeed in their recovery. They are willing to work with individuals to find a counselor that meshes well and offer support to help patients achieve their recovery goals.
207 14th St, Jeannette, PA 15644The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff, including Dr. Rosen and other practitioners, are described as helpful, understanding, and non-judgmental. Patients credit the center for helping them turn their lives around and express gratitude for the personalized care they receive. The clinic is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The staff is described as helpful, friendly, and understanding without judgment, creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Dr. Heather Rosen is praised for her ability to listen to patients and genuinely care about their well-being, providing effective treatment and support.
- The clinic is commended for having a clean facility, friendly staff, and a positive impact on patients' lives, making it a highly recommended option for those seeking change and recovery.
132 Walnut St 2nd Floor, Johnstown, PA 15901The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with reviewers highlighting the kind and respectful staff, efficient service, and lack of judgment. Many reviewers credit the center with helping them turn their lives around and build better relationships. However, there are a few negative reviews that mention issues with lab results and long wait times. Overall, the center seems to have a good reputation for providing effective and compassionate treatment for opioid addiction.
- Staff is friendly, non-judgmental, and treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Doctors are compassionate, understanding, and listen to patients' needs.
- Efficient service with minimal waiting time.
1425 Beaver Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15233This Methadone treatment center is highly recommended by multiple reviewers who credit it with helping them get and stay clean from opioid addiction. The staff, including counselors and doctors, are praised for their professionalism, non-judgmental attitude, and willingness to go above and beyond to help patients. The clinic also offers additional support services such as assistance with clothing, housing, food, and job placement. Overall, reviewers express gratitude for the center and credit it with saving their lives.
- Highly recommended for individuals struggling with opioid addiction. Methadone treatment has helped many stay clean for years.
- The counselors and doctors are amazing and provide support on a deeper level. The staff is friendly, upbeat, and non-judgmental.
- The clinic offers various resources like housing, clothing, food, job assistance, etc., to support individuals in their recovery journey.
MedMark Treatment Centers Washington
50 E Wylie Ave Suites 2&3, Washington, PA 15301Medmark is highly praised by patients for their caring and welcoming staff, with specific shoutouts to the receptionist Cindy and counselor Chris. The clinic is seen as a place where patients are treated with respect and not just a number. However, there have been some concerns about false positive drug tests and changes in rules since MedMark took over.
- Staff that genuinely cares: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the center, including receptionists, counselors, nurses, and doctors, are caring, understanding, and make patients feel welcome. They are described as going above and beyond to help patients on their recovery journey.
- Clean facility: Multiple reviewers commented on the cleanliness of the facility, which is an important factor for a treatment center. A clean environment can contribute to a sense of safety and comfort for patients seeking help.
- Excellent counseling: One reviewer specifically highlighted their counselor, Chris, who helped them feel comfortable and safe enough to open up, despite having social anxiety. This suggests that the center provides top-notch counseling services and has counselors who are skilled at creating a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Pittsburgh Comprehensive Treatment Center
1391 Washington Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15206The Methadone treatment center has received positive feedback from several satisfied clients who credit the center with saving their lives and helping them stay clean for several years. Clients appreciate the caring and helpful staff, particularly mentioning the nurse Danielle and counselor Julieandra. The center is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction and is seen as a better alternative to the streets.
- Methadone treatment has been effective for many individuals, helping them stay clean for years.
- The staff at the center are caring and supportive, going above and beyond to assist clients, even staying past closing time to ensure proper medication is received.
- The clinic provides an alternative to using drugs and can be a helpful resource for those seeking recovery.
Duncansville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3438 PA-764, Duncansville, PA 16635The Methadone treatment center has a helpful staff and clean facility, offering both Methadone and Suboxone programs for opiate addiction. They accept insurance or cash payment, with the Methadone program costing approximately $125 per week. Patients appreciate the caring support and respectful treatment, and while some counselors have left, overall it is viewed as a good place for recovery.
- Helpful and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the center is helpful, polite, and caring. They make an effort to listen and understand the patients' situations.
- Clean facility: Reviewers appreciate that the facility is clean and well-maintained, creating a comfortable and safe environment for treatment.
- Multiple treatment options: The center offers two maintenance programs, Methadone and Suboxone, which provide alternatives for individuals seeking help with opiate addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started