Methadone Treatment Centers Near Mount Pocono, PA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2871 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Mount Pocono. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Mount Pocono, PA
90 E Union St #3, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701The majority of these reviews are positive, with many praising the helpful and supportive staff at the Methadone treatment center. Some reviewers mention that the staff goes above and beyond, advocating for patients and assisting with various needs. However, there are a few drawbacks mentioned, such as inconvenience with dosing hours and the program taking a while. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its caring staff and effectiveness in helping patients overcome addiction.
- Helpful and supportive staff who act as patient advocates and go out of their way to assist patients in various aspects of their lives.
- Methadone clinic that also utilizes suboxone, providing multiple treatment options for opioid addiction.
- Kind and accommodating employees who make an effort to help patients, even in last-minute situations.
Allentown Comprehensive Treatment Center
2970 Corporate Ct, Orefield, PA 18069Overall, the Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews. Patients appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities, and quick dosing process. The clinic is praised for treating patients with compassion and providing a supportive environment. However, there have been recent changes in staff, which some long-time patients have mentioned. The center is seen as a life-saving facility and a good option for slowly getting off opioids.
- Good and friendly staff
- Respectful employees
- Life-saving facility for those who work the program
Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center
118 Monahan Ave, Dunmore, PA 18512The reviews indicate that Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center has a caring and helpful staff who take the time to ensure that every patient is doing well. They provide therapy and counseling services, and the nurses are pleasant to interact with. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and express gratitude for the support they received.
- The staff at Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center is highly praised for their caring and compassionate approach towards patients, making sure everyone is doing well and providing support throughout the recovery process.
- The therapy and counseling services at the center are rated as excellent, with a great therapist who has extensive knowledge and compassion, helping individuals to help themselves in their journey to sobriety.
- Many reviewers mention that the center and its staff have played a crucial role in saving their lives and have had a significant positive impact on their recovery.
Pottstown Comprehensive Treatment Center
301 Circle of Progress Dr, Pottstown, PA 19464The counselors at this Methadone treatment center are helpful, serious about their jobs, and offer both group and one-on-one sessions to address triggers and personal issues. Staff members are empathetic, respectful, patient, and go the extra mile to help clients combat their addiction. The program is well-rounded and the staff is knowledgeable, but some reviewers mentioned that the center can become time-consuming and may have favorites. Despite this, overall, the center receives positive reviews and is recommended for individuals seeking this type of treatment.
- The counselors at this clinic are attentive, serious about their jobs, and dedicated to helping patients identify and address their triggers and underlying issues.
- The staff members show empathy, respect, understanding, and patience towards patients, going the extra mile to assist them in any way possible.
- The program is well-rounded, with informative and interesting group sessions, making it stand out from other treatment facilities.
Mount Pocono Medical
1151 Pocono Blvd #3, Mt Pocono, PA 18344Overall, the reviews of this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, as well as the cleanliness of the facility. However, some reviewers mentioned issues with overcrowding and difficulty accessing counselors. Despite this, many patients credit the center with helping them on their journey to recovery and would recommend it to others in need of treatment.
- Some of the counselors advocate for their clients and provide great support.
- The staff is friendly, caring, and professional, making the experience comfortable.
- The treatment center helped individuals on their journey to recovery and saved lives.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
100 Wilkes-Barre Blvd #103, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers praise the staff for their helpfulness, professionalism, and kindness. Some reviewers mention that the center saved their lives and provided them with a new lease on life. However, there are a few reviews that mention long wait times and an influx of patients causing issues with medication availability. Overall, the majority of reviewers highly recommend this center for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Efficient and quick service
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Nonjudgmental and understanding environment
Pocono Mountain Recovery Center
3437 PA-715, Henryville, PA 18332PMRC (Pocono Mountain Recovery Center) is highly praised by reviewers for its compassionate and caring staff who provide 24/7 medical support. The facility offers a clean and safe environment and a variety of activities including group therapy, access to a gym, and outdoor spaces. Many reviewers credit PMRC with saving their lives and commend the staff for their dedication to helping patients overcome addiction.
- Medical Professionals on site for safety and monitoring.
- Clean facility with access to amenities like a gym and outdoor spaces.
- Supportive and understanding staff who form bonds with residents.
- Comprehensive treatment that addresses mental health, trauma, and other underlying issues.
- Family-friendly environment with designated spaces for children to visit.
- Focus on individualized care and personalized treatment plans.
- Positive impact on long-term sobriety and success in recovery.
- Multiple levels of care, including residential and outpatient programs.
- Encouragement and support for continued care and sober living after treatment.
- Delicious food and friendly kitchen staff.
9150 Marshall St #2217, Philadelphia, PA 19114This Methadone treatment center has a simple program to help patients stay clean if they show up daily and have the desire to recover. The staff, including the doctor and counselors, are praised for being caring, supportive, and professional. The center is credited with saving lives and providing a stress-free environment for recovery.
- Caring and supportive staff: Many reviewers mentioned the caring nature of the staff, from the doctors to the counselors and nursing staff. They are described as supportive, understanding, and willing to help patients with any issues they may have.
- Life-saving treatment: Several reviewers mentioned that the Methadone treatment at this center saved their lives or helped them stay clean. The treatment is described as effective for maintaining recovery from opioid addiction.
- Stress-free and recovery-based environment: The clinic is described as a stress-free environment that focuses on recovery. The staff is described as friendly and professional, aiding clients in reaching a sober way of life.
New Directions Treatment Services
2442 Brodhead Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18020Overall, the reviews of this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive, with many praising it for saving their lives and the lives of others. There is a mention of a recent masking policy that one reviewer disagrees with, claiming it is not necessary and an attempt at control. Another reviewer mentions that the center has made new rules that can be frustrating and impersonal at times. However, the general consensus is that the treatment at this center is beneficial and worth the time and effort.
- Methadone treatment has been effective in saving lives and helping individuals overcome opioid addiction, according to multiple reviews.
- The clinic has a track record of success, with long-term sobriety reported by some patients for up to 15 years.
- The treatment center is focused on the well-being and recovery of its patients, with strong emphasis on the benefits of Methadone and its potential to change lives.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started