Methadone Treatment Centers Near Stroudsburg, PA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2150 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Stroudsburg. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Stroudsburg, PA
90 E Union St #3, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701The Methadone treatment center has helpful and supportive staff who go out of their way to assist patients. Although there can be inconveniences with dosing hours and the program taking time, Methadone is seen as a good option for those struggling with heroin addiction. The clinic is praised for its caring and compassionate staff who have positively impacted patients' lives.
- The staff is helpful, supportive, and compassionate. They act as patient advocates, providing assistance with information, housing, and reference letters.
- The center offers Methadone and Suboxone treatment options for opioid addiction.
- The clinic has exceptional employees who are kind, accommodating, and go out of their way to help patients, even in last-minute situations.
Allentown Comprehensive Treatment Center
2970 Corporate Ct, Orefield, PA 18069The majority of the reviews are positive, with many praising the staff for being friendly, helpful, and respectful. Several reviewers mention that the clinic has helped them turn their lives around and saved them from addiction. However, one reviewer criticizes the clinic for not providing emergency take-home doses during a blizzard, putting patients and staff at risk.
- The staff is described as nice, helpful, polite, and compassionate.
- The clinic is praised for being clean, professional, and having a good environment for recovery.
- Patients appreciate the flexibility in scheduling and the opportunity to receive take-home doses.
Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center
118 Monahan Ave, Dunmore, PA 18512The reviews for Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, especially the nurses and therapists. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and highly recommend it for individuals serious about their sobriety.
- The staff at Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center is highly praised for their care and compassion. Patients appreciate the attention and support they receive from the nurses and the director.
- The therapy and counseling provided at the center are considered to be very beneficial for individuals serious about their sobriety. Many patients credit their great progress to the knowledge and compassion of their therapist.
- The staff members, such as Leah and Stacey, are specifically mentioned as being helpful and responsive. Patients appreciate the assistance they receive and their promptness in addressing concerns or questions.
New Directions Treatment Services
2442 Brodhead Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18020Overall, the majority of reviews are positive about the Methadone treatment center, with multiple reviewers mentioning how it saved their lives and the lives of others. Some reviewers mention that there have been changes in policies and rules that they find frustrating, such as the recent implementation of a masking policy. However, others disagree and support the center's decision to enforce mask-wearing. Despite some issues mentioned, the treatment center is praised for being beneficial and life-saving.
- Methadone treatment has saved multiple lives and has helped individuals stay clean for many years.
- The center provides effective treatment for opioid addiction and can help individuals turn their lives around, as long as they are willing to put in the effort.
- The clinic has been beneficial for many people and is worth considering for those who are ready to stop their addiction.
Pyramid Healthcare Hillside Detox and Inpatient Residential Treatment Center
420 Supreme Ct, East Stroudsburg, PA 18302Overall, the positive reviews of the Methadone treatment center indicate that the staff is caring, compassionate, and dedicated to helping patients on their recovery journey. Reviewers appreciate the individualized care and the positive changes they have witnessed in their loved ones. The facility is praised for its clean and beautiful facilities, and the case coordinators are commended for their efforts in guiding patients towards successful recovery.
- Accepts state insurance: This treatment center is one of the few that accepts state insurance, making it accessible to more individuals who need help with opioid addiction.
- Caring and dedicated staff: The staff at this center are described as caring, compassionate, and invested in the well-being of their patients. They take good care of their patients and provide expert advice.
- Positive outcomes and success stories: There are multiple reviews mentioning successful completion of treatment and positive life changes as a result of the program at this treatment center.
Pocono Mountain Recovery Center
3437 PA-715, Henryville, PA 18332The PMRC Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its 24/7 medical professionals, clean facility, and compassionate staff. Patients appreciate the emphasis on holistic healing and the wide range of activities offered, including group therapy, art, music, and time spent outdoors. The supportive and understanding environment provided by PMRC is credited with helping many people achieve long-term sobriety.
- Medical Professionals on site for safety and monitoring.
- Clean facility with various amenities such as a full gym, nature trail, and outdoor areas for relaxation and group therapy.
- Compassionate and understanding staff who form bonds with residents and provide support in various areas beyond substance abuse, including mental health and trauma.
3050 Hamilton Blvd, Allentown, PA 18103The Methadone treatment center in Allentown has a highly praised staff, with the receptionist and nurse being particularly mentioned for their kindness and support. The center is described as a place where patients are treated with respect and where their well-being and sobriety are genuinely cared for. The convenience and dedication to patient comfort by the friendly and professional staff are also highlighted.
- Friendly and caring staff: Patients consistently mention the warm and welcoming atmosphere created by the receptionist and nurses at this Methadone treatment center.
- Respectful and supportive environment: Patients appreciate the respectful treatment they receive and the willingness of the staff to assist them in any way necessary.
- Convenience and comfort: The center is praised for its dedication to patient comfort, ensuring a convenient and comfortable experience throughout the treatment process.
Pottstown Comprehensive Treatment Center
301 Circle of Progress Dr, Pottstown, PA 19464The counselors at this Methadone treatment center are helpful, serious about their jobs, and take the time to listen and work with patients. The staff members are empathetic, respectful, and go the extra mile to help those struggling with addiction. The program is well-rounded and the staff is knowledgeable. There are some reviews mentioning that the treatment can be time-consuming and that there may be favorites among the staff. Overall, the majority of the reviews are positive and recommend the center for those in need of help with opioid addiction.
- Helpful and dedicated counselors who are serious about their job and work directly with patients to identify and address triggers and underlying issues.
- Excellent staff members who show empathy, respect, understanding, and patience, going the extra mile to help combat opioid addiction.
- Accommodating and knowledgeable staff with a well-rounded program.
Mount Pocono Medical
1151 Pocono Blvd #3, Mt Pocono, PA 18344Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring staff and the effectiveness of the treatment program. Some concerns mentioned include occasional crowding and difficulty reaching counselors. However, many patients credit the center with saving their lives and recommend it to others seeking help.
- A great place with good counselors who advocate for their clients.
- Warm and caring staff who are genuinely concerned about helping you.
175 S 21st St Suite Ll South 1st Fl, Easton, PA 18042The Methadone treatment center, Crossroads, has received mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the flexible scheduling options, including telehealth appointments, and the willingness of the staff to accommodate their needs. Some reviewers also mention that the staff is supportive and attentive, making them feel valued as patients.
- Flexible scheduling options, including telehealth, for clients
- Willingness to accommodate rescheduling appointments
- Supportive and attentive staff
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started