Methadone Treatment Centers Near Wilkes Barre, PA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 4584 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Wilkes Barre. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Wilkes Barre, PA
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
100 Wilkes-Barre Blvd #103, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702The reviews indicate that the staff at the Methadone treatment center are friendly, helpful, and courteous. They are praised for their efficiency in scheduling appointments and providing care. Some reviewers mention that the center has helped save their lives and appreciate the understanding and nonjudgmental approach of the staff. However, there are a few negative reviews that mention long wait times and difficulty getting medication due to the high number of patients. Overall, the majority of reviews are positive and recommend the center for those seeking assistance with opioid addiction.
- The staff is extremely friendly, helpful, and understanding, creating a welcoming and non-judgmental environment for patients.
- The center provides efficient and timely services, with minimal wait times for appointments and quick access to medical professionals and counselors.
- Many patients credit the center with saving their lives, highlighting the effectiveness of the treatment and the care provided by the staff.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
1020 W Lackawanna Ave, Scranton, PA 18504The majority of reviewers express satisfaction with this Methadone treatment center, noting its knowledgeable and friendly staff, clean facility, and effective treatment programs. However, a few negative reviews mention long wait times and difficulty in communication with the staff. Overall, it seems to be a reliable option for individuals seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Effective treatment: Many reviewers mentioned that this methadone treatment center helped them overcome their opioid addiction successfully. Multiple individuals expressed that the use of methadone in their treatment plan significantly reduced withdrawal symptoms and cravings, allowing them to regain control over their lives.
- Knowledgeable and supportive staff: Several reviewers commented on the center's staff, praising them for their expertise and compassionate approach. They mentioned that the professionals at this treatment center provided them with the necessary guidance and support throughout their recovery journey, making them feel comfortable and understood.
90 E Union St #3, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701The staff at the Methadone treatment center is described as helpful, supportive, and compassionate. They are willing to go above and beyond to assist patients and act as advocates for them. Some complaints include inconvenient dosing hours and a lengthy program. However, overall, the clinic is praised for its positive impact on patients' lives and for providing a caring and supportive environment.
- Staff is helpful, supportive, compassionate, and professional. They go above and beyond to support patients, such as contacting facilities, helping with housing, and providing letters of reference.
- Methadone treatment is effective for heroin addiction, especially for those who haven't had success with other treatments.
- The clinic is accommodating and kind, willing to help patients even at the last minute, with exceptional employees.
- The staff truly cares about their patients and their well-being, saving lives and helping patients get their lives back on track.
- The clinic has a good reputation, and some of the staff genuinely care about helping people rather than being solely motivated by money.
- Patients have had positive experiences with the staff and have seen consistent success in their sobriety.
- The clinic provides a supportive environment with positive people to meet and interact with.
Allentown Comprehensive Treatment Center
2970 Corporate Ct, Orefield, PA 18069Overall, the Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from the majority of users. People appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, the cleanliness of the facility, and the ability to receive take-home doses. Some users specifically highlight the professionalism and compassionate treatment they experience at this center. However, there have been some recent changes in staff that have caused concern for a long-term user. Nonetheless, many users credit this clinic with saving their lives and consider it a reliable and supportive treatment option.
- Highly recommended by previous patients, considered one of the best clinics in the area.
- Compassionate and understanding staff, treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Efficient and quick dosing process, minimal wait times.
- Clean and professional clinic environment.
- Life-saving facility, helps patients slowly get off opiates without severe withdrawal symptoms.
Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center
118 Monahan Ave, Dunmore, PA 18512The Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews for its work in helping individuals with opioid addiction. Patients praise the staff for their compassion and dedication, specifically mentioning the nurses and therapists. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and express gratitude for the support they have received.
- The staff at Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center is highly supportive and caring, taking the time to make sure every patient is doing well.
- The nurses at the center are described as some of the nicest people, providing a pleasant and positive experience.
- The therapy and counseling offered at the center are highly praised, with one reviewer mentioning that their therapist's knowledge and compassion helped them in their recovery journey.
Mount Pocono Medical
1151 Pocono Blvd #3, Mt Pocono, PA 18344Overall, the Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews with patients emphasizing the caring and professional staff. Patients appreciate the flexibility of receiving medication even when out of state for a week. However, some reviewers mention issues with overcrowding and difficulty accessing counselors and group sessions. Despite this, the majority of reviewers recommend the treatment center for those serious about their recovery.
- Advocating counselors: Patients appreciate having counselors who advocate for them and genuinely care about their well-being.
- Affordable and government-funded: The center charges $400 for intake, which includes a few weeks of dosing, and then $100 per week. They also accept Pa Medical Assistance, making it an affordable option.
- Clean and caring environment: The center is described as clean, and the majority of the staff is caring and dedicated to supporting the clients on their recovery journey.
Clearbrook Treatment Center
1100 E Northampton St, Laurel Run, PA 18706The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients praise the staff for their kindness, empathy, and understanding. The facility is described as beautiful and the food is highly regarded. Many reviewers mention that the treatment center offers a variety of groups and activities for recovery. The staff's personal experience with addiction is appreciated, and the veteran-exclusive services are seen as a valuable aspect of the program. However, a few reviewers mention that communication with the family could be improved. Overall, the Methadone treatment center is highly recommended for those seeking recovery and support.
- The staff at this treatment center is incredibly kind, empathetic, and supportive.
- The facility offers a wide variety of groups, activities, and recovery options, providing a comprehensive approach to treatment.
- The food at this center is exceptional and surpasses the quality of even high-end restaurants.
Pottstown Comprehensive Treatment Center
301 Circle of Progress Dr, Pottstown, PA 19464The counselors at this Methadone treatment center are helpful, dedicated, and take their jobs seriously. The staff members are empathetic and go the extra mile to help clients combat their addiction. The program is well-rounded and the staff is knowledgeable. Some reviewers mentioned that the treatment can be time-consuming and that there may be issues with favoritism. Overall, it seems like a good place for those seeking Methadone treatment.
- The counselors at this clinic are very serious about their jobs and actively listen to help clients work through their problems.
- The staff members have a great deal of empathy, respect, and understanding, and go the extra mile to help clients combat addiction to opiates.
- The program is well-rounded and has accommodating, knowledgeable staff members.
Watsontown Comprehensive Treatment Center
759 Susquehanna Trail, Watsontown, PA 17777Overall, the Methadone treatment center is highly recommended by most reviewers. The staff is described as helpful, friendly, and willing to go above and beyond. The treatment program is seen as life-saving and effective in overcoming opioid addiction. However, there are a couple of negative reviews mentioning unethical behavior from certain staff members and issues with the location address.
- Short lines and quick movement: Several reviewers mentioned that the lines at this Methadone treatment center are shorter compared to other clinics. This can be a major benefit for individuals who value efficiency and want to minimize waiting time.
- Lenient patient requirements: According to one review, the center has made changes to its patient requirements, making it easier for people to be eligible for take-homes. This could be advantageous to those who prefer a more flexible treatment plan and want to progress in their recovery journey at their own pace.
New Directions Treatment Services
2442 Brodhead Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18020Overall, the majority of reviews are positive and express gratitude for the Methadone treatment center, stating that it saved their lives and the lives of their friends. Some reviewers mention the occasional changes in rules and policies at the center, but still recognize the benefits of the treatment. There is also a disagreement regarding the center's mandatory masking policy, with one reviewer criticizing it while another defends it.
- Methadone treatment at NDTS has been life-saving for many individuals, helping them achieve long-term sobriety for over 15 years.
- The center has a positive and supportive environment, with staff that genuinely cares about the well-being and recovery of their patients.
- Despite some challenges with changing rules and regulations, the treatment has proven to be beneficial for those who are ready and committed to making positive changes in their lives.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started