Methadone Treatment Centers Near Wilkes-Barre, PA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 4386 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Wilkes-Barre. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Wilkes-Barre, PA
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
100 Wilkes-Barre Blvd #103, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers appreciate the helpful and friendly staff, who have been described as amazing, kind, and understanding. Some reviewers mention that the center has helped them save their lives and maintain their sobriety. However, a few negative reviews mention issues with wait times and a perceived lack of capacity to handle the number of patients.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at the Methadone treatment center were friendly, polite, and understanding. They were described as being welcoming, kind, and treating patients with respect and dignity.
- Efficient and timely service: Several reviews noted that the center provided quick and efficient service. Patients mentioned that they didn't have to wait long for appointments and were promptly attended to by the nurses, counselors, and doctors. This efficient service was appreciated and seen as a positive aspect of the center.
- Life-saving impact: A number of reviews expressed gratitude towards the center for saving lives and helping patients in their recovery journeys. People mentioned that the center had made a significant difference in their lives and commended the staff for their dedication to helping those struggling with addiction.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
1020 W Lackawanna Ave, Scranton, PA 18504The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews, with praise for the helpful and accommodating staff, including the front desk receptionist, counselors, and doctors. Patients appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, and level of care provided. The center is commended for its timely service and the staff's commitment to the recovery of patients. Some concerns were raised about prescription signing delays, but overall the center is highly recommended for its kind and supportive staff.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviews mention the staff's kindness and helpfulness, specifically highlighting individuals such as Missy, Sean, Hannah, and Emily. This indicates that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are dedicated to accommodating patients and providing a positive and supportive environment.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Several reviews commend the staff and doctors for their professionalism, knowledge, and ability to provide comprehensive treatment. Patients feel comfortable and confident in their treatment plans and appreciate the level of care they receive at this center.
90 E Union St #3, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701The majority of the reviews speak highly of the staff at this Methadone treatment center, emphasizing their helpfulness, compassion, and professionalism. Some reviewers mention inconveniences such as limited dosing hours and a lengthy program, but overall, they seem to believe that Methadone treatment at this center is a good option for individuals struggling with opioid addiction. There is also mention of the clinic utilizing suboxone and the need for more funding.
- Staff is helpful, supportive, compassionate, and professional
- Methadone treatment is a good option for heroin addiction and can change lives
- Clinic has exceptional employees and caring staff who truly care about patients' well-being
Allentown Comprehensive Treatment Center
2970 Corporate Ct, Orefield, PA 18069Overall, the Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews. Many reviewers appreciate the professionalism and compassion of the staff. The facility is described as clean and efficient, with minimal waiting times. The treatment program is considered effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction. However, there have been recent staff changes that may impact the overall experience.
- Staff is friendly, nice, and caring.
- Minimal groups and quick dosing line.
- Excellent way to slowly get off opiates without severe withdrawals.
- Life-saving facility that has saved many lives.
- Good environment and respectful employees.
Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center
118 Monahan Ave, Dunmore, PA 18512The Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center has a highly supportive and caring staff who go above and beyond to ensure the well-being of their patients. The therapy and counseling provided is highly effective and helps individuals on their path to sobriety. Many patients credit specific staff members, such as Kim and Leah, for their life-saving assistance.
- The staff at Dunmore Comprehensive Treatment Center is highly praised for their caring and compassionate attitude towards patients.
- The therapy and counseling provided at the center are highlighted as effective in helping individuals with their addiction recovery journey.
- Specific staff members, such as Kim, Leah, and Stacey, are mentioned as being particularly helpful and instrumental in patients' recovery.
Mount Pocono Medical
1151 Pocono Blvd #3, Mt Pocono, PA 18344Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients appreciate the caring and professional staff, as well as the clean facilities. However, some reviewers note that the center can be crowded and it may be difficult to get in touch with counselors. Despite these minor drawbacks, the center is highly recommended for those serious about their treatment and looking for help on their journey to recovery.
- Flexible dosing and supportive counselors: The center accommodates patients who need to travel for extended periods and provides bottles for the entire trip. Patients appreciate the counselors who advocate for their clients and provide a warm and caring environment.
- Affordable and clean facility: The center charges a reasonable fee for intake and dosing, accepts medical assistance, and is a nonprofit government-funded program. Despite being small, the facility is clean and well-maintained.
- Professional and caring staff: The staff members are described as super nice, professional, and genuinely caring. They make the treatment experience quick and comfortable, showing a high level of dedication to helping patients on their recovery journey.
Clearbrook Treatment Center
1100 E Northampton St, Laurel Run, PA 18706The Methadone treatment center received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praised the staff for their kindness, respect, empathy, and knowledge. The facility was described as beautiful and the food was highly praised. The treatment programs offered a variety of groups, activities, and recovery options. The center also received positive feedback for their community support and veteran-specific services. Communication with families was identified as an area of improvement. Overall, the center was highly recommended for those seeking recovery.
- Kind, empathetic, and supportive staff: The staff at this treatment center are often praised for their kindness, empathy, and genuine care for the patients. They create a welcoming and non-judgmental environment, making it easier for individuals to open up and seek help.
- Variety of groups and activities: The center offers a wide range of groups, activities, and recovery options, including AA, NA, Refuge, SMART recovery, therapy, meditation, yoga, chiropractic care, and more. This variety allows patients to find what works best for them and enhances their overall recovery journey.
- Quality of food and accommodations: Many reviewers mention the high quality of food provided at the center, often comparing it favorably to that of high-end restaurants. The accommodations and living conditions are also praised, with some likening them to hotel rooms. These aspects contribute to a comfortable and positive treatment experience.
Pottstown Comprehensive Treatment Center
301 Circle of Progress Dr, Pottstown, PA 19464The counselors at this Methadone treatment center are very helpful and take their jobs seriously. The staff members are excellent, showing empathy and going the extra mile to help others combat addiction. While some reviewers mention that the treatment center can be time-consuming, overall it is seen as a place with knowledgeable staff and a well-rounded program.
- Helpful and dedicated counselors who listen and work directly with patients to address their problems and triggers.
- Excellent staff members with empathy, respect, understanding, and patience who go the extra mile to help combat opioid addiction.
- Accommodating and knowledgeable staff, with a well-rounded program that offers interesting group sessions and addresses a variety of topics.
Watsontown Comprehensive Treatment Center
759 Susquehanna Trail, Watsontown, PA 17777Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the short lines, quick service, and helpful staff. Some reviewers mention changes in ownership and policies, but these changes seem to have made the program more lenient and accessible for patients. However, there are a few negative reviews that mention unethical behavior from certain staff members and issues with location information. Despite this, the majority of reviewers highly recommend this program for those struggling with opioid addiction.
- Shorter lines and quick moving process compared to other clinics.
- Lenient patient requirements for takehomes, allowing for more flexibility and progress in recovery.
- Friendly and helpful staff who are willing to go above and beyond for the patients.
New Directions Treatment Services
2442 Brodhead Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18020Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews from individuals who credit it with saving their lives and the lives of others. Some reviewers express frustration over new rules and policies that they feel are unfair, and the center's approach of taking away take-home medications for any reason is criticized. However, the majority of reviewers appreciate the center's effectiveness in helping them overcome addiction and emphasize the importance of personal commitment to the process.
- Methadone treatment center has successfully helped many individuals overcome opioid addiction and maintain long-term sobriety.
- The center prioritizes the well-being and safety of its patients by implementing a masking policy, potentially reducing the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- The treatment program at the center has proven to be beneficial for individuals committed to their recovery journey.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started