Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Beaufort, SC
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Beaufort for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 89 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Beaufort can cater to your needs.
Top 4 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Beaufort, SC
BriteLife Recovery South Carolina
2200 Main St, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Positive reviews of the addiction treatment center highlight the knowledgeable and caring staff, delicious food, and clean and beautiful setting. The staff is praised for their commitment to patients' sobriety and providing necessary tools for successful recovery. Many individuals mention that their experience at the center was life-changing and that they would highly recommend it to others in need of help.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at the addiction treatment center as being knowledgeable, kind, and caring. They provide a supportive environment for individuals going through the recovery process.
- Beautiful and clean facility: The facility is described as clean, beautiful, cozy, and quiet. The positive environment contributes to a comfortable and peaceful experience for patients.
- Focus on aftercare and continuing care: The treatment center is praised for its emphasis on creating a solid aftercare plan for patients. They work hard to ensure that individuals leaving the center have the necessary tools and resources to maintain their sobriety in the long term.
Philip A. Cusumano, M.D., FACP
Third Floor, 989 Ribaut Rd Suite 370, Beaufort, SC 29902Dr. Cusumano is praised for being caring, compassionate, and dedicated to helping his patients. He is described as going the extra mile, being proactive in addressing addiction medicine, and providing quality care. Many reviewers appreciate his personal touch, including giving out his personal cell number, and his commitment to their well-being.
- Dr. Cusumano is highly committed to helping his patients and goes the extra mile to make sure they feel supported and not alone in their journey towards recovery.
- He is knowledgeable in addiction medicine and understands that overcoming addiction takes time. He is proactive in finding solutions and helping to address the national shortage of addiction medicine.
- Dr. Cusumano is caring, compassionate, and takes the time to get to know his patients on a personal level. He genuinely cares about their well-being and wants to see them succeed in their recovery.
Waypoint Recovery Center Outpatient Treatment
5401 Netherby Ln UNIT 402, North Charleston, SC 29420Waypoint Recovery is highly praised by reviewers for its effective tools and counseling services that have helped individuals in their recovery from addiction. The staff, including counselors like Pamela, Jared, Lane, Ginger, Rober Harris, and Michele Richey, are specifically mentioned for their exceptional support and contribution to positive life changes. The facility itself is also commended for its beautiful campus reminiscent of a ski resort, creating a welcoming and peaceful environment for recovery.
- Positive and supportive counseling staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned specific counselors who were highly effective in their recovery journey, such as Pamela, Jared, Lane, Ginger, Rober Harris, and Michele Richey.
- Life-changing experience: Several reviews highlight how Waypoint Recovery helped them change their lives and provided them with the tools and foundation necessary for overcoming addiction. The beautiful campus and surroundings were also appreciated by the reviewers.
- Effective detox and rehab: Reviewers have expressed their gratitude for the detox and rehab programs offered by Waypoint, stating that it helped them get sober and make significant changes in their lives.
Southern Sky Recovery
60 Pennington Dr, Bluffton, SC 29910The addiction treatment center has a passionate and amazing staff, providing excellent clinical services and meeting individuals where they are in their recovery. They offer a flexible and convenient program that allows people to continue living their normal lives while receiving treatment. This center is highly recommended and considered the best drug rehab facility in the area.
- Passionate and caring staff: The staff at this addiction treatment center are described as amazing, deeply caring, and passionate about their work. This indicates a high level of dedication and concern for the well-being of the individuals seeking treatment.
- Excellent clinical services: The center is praised for its depth of clinical services, indicating a comprehensive and effective approach to addressing substance abuse. This suggests that individuals receive the necessary support and treatment for their specific needs.
- Convenient and flexible programs: The center offers programs that allow individuals to continue living their normal lives while receiving treatment. This flexibility in approach can be beneficial for those who may have busy schedules or commitments but still require addiction treatment.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started