Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Myrtle Beach, SC
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Myrtle Beach for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 337 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Myrtle Beach can cater to your needs.
Top 8 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Myrtle Beach, SC
104 George Bishop Pkwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews from many patients. The staff is described as fast, easy, wonderful, caring, and helpful. Patients appreciate the counselors who are described as amazing, knowledgeable, and understanding. The clinic has been commended for making improvements and providing a positive treatment experience.
- Fast and efficient service with minimal wait times
- Supportive and caring staff who work together well
- Positive changes and improvements happening at the center
- Counselors who treat individuals with respect and listen to their needs
- Friendly and helpful staff who are committed to helping individuals stay sober
- Comprehensive treatment options and individualized care
- Clean and well-maintained facility
- Efficient dosing process
- Evening dosing hours available for convenience
- The program has helped individuals get their life back and achieve sobriety
- Knowledgeable and understanding counselors
- The center has made efforts to make the treatment process less stressful
- Staff who go above and beyond to help and support patients
- Methadone has been a life-saving treatment for many
- The clinic has improved its processes and reduced wait times
- Respectful and helpful staff members throughout the clinic
- The clinic has helped individuals who are truly ready to change their lives
- Good doctors, nurses, and staff members
- Positive changes and improvements happening at the clinic
- The clinic's efficient service and caring staff have been helpful in individuals' recovery journey.
Coastal Wellness Center
4955 US Highway 17 Bypass South, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577The addiction treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients commend the caring and supportive staff, particularly mentioning Danielle, Cindy, and Phyllis. Many patients credit the center with changing their lives and helping them achieve sobriety.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the addiction treatment center are kind, welcoming, and understanding. They are described as treating patients with respect and providing compassionate care.
- Effective treatment: Several reviews mention that the addiction treatment center has been instrumental in helping patients overcome their addiction. They credit the center with changing their lives and providing them with the support they needed to achieve sobriety.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Reviewers appreciate the expertise and bedside manner of the doctors at the center. They mention that the doctors are professional, knowledgeable, and committed to helping patients change their lives.
- Overall, the pros of this addiction treatment center can be summarized as: caring and compassionate staff, effective treatment, and knowledgeable doctors.
Myrtle Beach Treatment Specialists
1607 Executive Ave, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews for its staff, who are described as phenomenal, friendly, empathetic, and diligent. Reviewers also praise the efficient operations of the center, mentioning fast intake processes and short wait times. Additionally, the center is commended for treating patients with respect and dignity, and providing a supportive and caring environment for individuals on the journey to recovery.
- Friendly and supportive staff who treat clients with respect and empathy.
- Efficient and organized operations, with fast dosing and minimal waiting time.
- Good communication and coordination with other clinics for guest dosing and form submissions.
Christian Recovery Center's, inc
1994 Ash Little River Rd NW, Ash, NC 28420The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews highlighting the impact of its ministry on individuals' lives, with many attributing their healing and restoration to the selfless staff and volunteers. Reviewers express gratitude for the program, emphasizing the positive impact on their lives and the importance of the center's Christ-centered approach. They commend the staff for their compassion, dedication, and the transformative effect the program has had on their sobriety and overall well-being.
- Faith-centered approach: The addiction treatment center has a strong focus on faith and provides a supportive and compassionate environment where residents can strengthen their relationship with God.
- Life-changing program: Many reviewers mention that the program at the center has helped them turn their lives around and provided them with the tools, support, and structure needed to overcome addiction and find a new way of living.
2975 Church Rd, Green Sea, SC 29545Positive reviews of the addiction treatment center highlight the sense of community and faith-based approach. One reviewer describes it as a "great ministry" that provides support and help for those in need. Another reviewer expresses gratitude for finding the center when they were homeless and commends the kind-heartedness of the staff.
- Christian Ministry: The addiction treatment center is described as a Christian ministry that aims to help individuals through their faith.
- Helpful and Grateful Staff: The staff at the center are praised for their support and gratitude towards the individuals seeking treatment.
- Positive Atmosphere: Reviewers mention that the center has a positive and welcoming atmosphere that feels like attending church.
Myrtle Beach Recovery
4962 Green Sea Rd S, Aynor, SC 29511The recovery immersion house is highly recommended by reviewers for its welcoming and supportive staff, beautiful and healing environment, and holistic approach to recovery. The program, based on the 12-step model, offers daily meetings, group therapy, and individual therapy, providing structure and purpose to each day while helping individuals gain new insights into themselves and their addiction. The knowledgeable and compassionate staff, along with the community atmosphere, create a safe and supportive environment for individuals serious about their sobriety.
- Welcoming and supportive staff and community atmosphere
- Holistic approach to recovery and focus on the 12-step model
- Knowledgeable and dedicated counselors and therapists
Grand Strand Intergroup - Alcoholics Anonymous
940 Broadway St, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577The primary purpose group is a home away from home for many individuals seeking addiction treatment. The center has received many positive reviews, with grateful patients expressing their gratitude and blessings to the organization.
- Home away from home" - One of the reviewers mentioned that they felt at home in this addiction treatment center, indicating that it provides a comfortable and supportive environment for patients.
- Thank you primary purpose group" - The reviewer expresses gratitude towards the primary purpose group, suggesting that this addiction treatment center has a dedicated and helpful team that potentially offers personalized care and support for patients.
Active Hope Counseling/ Bruce A. Lynch
4466 Holmestown Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588The addiction treatment center received high praise from multiple reviewers, with several mentioning the supportive and caring staff. Many positive reviews also highlighted the effective and personalized treatment programs provided, which helped individuals achieve long-term sobriety. The overall atmosphere of the facility was described as comfortable, welcoming, and conducive to recovery.
- Positive atmosphere: Several reviews mention the addiction treatment center as having a positive and welcoming atmosphere. This could be beneficial for individuals seeking a supportive environment during their recovery journey.
- Skilled and compassionate staff: Many reviewers highlight the professionalism and compassion of the center's staff, stating that they receive excellent care and support throughout their treatment. Having a team of skilled professionals can greatly enhance the effectiveness of addiction treatment programs.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started