Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near North Myrtle Beach, SC
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in North Myrtle Beach for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 299 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near North Myrtle Beach can cater to your needs.
Top 6 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near North Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach Treatment Specialists
1607 Executive Ave, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews for its staff, who are described as phenomenal, friendly, and treating clients with respect and empathy. Many reviewers mention that the staff goes above and beyond to help and provide a smooth and efficient experience, such as quickly handling paperwork and minimizing waiting times. Clients also appreciate the respectful and non-judgmental environment at the center.
- The staff is described as phenomenal, empathetic, and diligent in their approach to substance abuse treatment.
- The clinic runs smoothly and efficiently, with friendly staff members who provide quick service and treat patients with respect and kindness.
The Alano Club
906 67th Ave N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the welcoming and supportive environment. Reviewers mention that the center is a great place to meet and connect with others practicing sobriety. The meetings are described as helpful and supportive, and the staff and members are friendly and sincere.
- Welcoming and supportive environment: The addiction treatment center is described as a safe, non-judgmental, and friendly place where individuals can find support and connect with others who are also practicing sobriety. It is praised for being welcoming to both locals and visitors, making it a great place to seek help and feel a sense of belonging.
- Variety of meetings: The center offers a wide range of meetings, with at least 5 meetings a day and 44 meetings a week, including AA, Al-Anon, and Alateen meetings. This ensures that individuals can find the support they need and have ample opportunities to attend meetings throughout the day.
- Effective program: Many reviews highlight how the addiction treatment center has helped individuals in their recovery journeys and even saved lives. The program is described as being a source of wisdom, strength, and hope, and it is credited with renewing hearts and improving lives on a daily basis.
Beach House Recovery
1198 Riverview Dr, Calabash, NC 28467The positive reviews about Beach House Recovery, an addiction treatment center, highlight the transformative experiences and life-saving impact the facility has had on individuals struggling with addiction. Reviewers express gratitude for the opportunity to learn, grow, and overcome substance abuse issues through the program. The staff and community are praised for their love, support, and dedication to helping individuals rebuild their lives and find long-term recovery. The emphasis on spiritual, mental, and physical health, as well as the strong sense of camaraderie and brotherhood, are mentioned as key factors in the success of the program.
- The staff and community at Beach House Recovery are described as loving, understanding, and supportive. Reviewers express gratitude for the care and compassion they received during their stay.
- The program at Beach House Recovery is praised for providing valuable knowledge and tools for recovery. Reviewers mention learning about the nature of addiction, the 12 steps, and gaining a newfound sense of hope and purpose in life.
- Beach House Recovery is credited with saving lives and helping individuals rebuild their lives and relationships. Several reviewers attribute their sobriety and positive life changes to the program and express deep appreciation for the impact it has had on their lives and their families.
Christian Recovery Center's, inc
1994 Ash Little River Rd NW, Ash, NC 28420The positive reviews highlight the transformative impact of the addiction treatment center. Reviewers express gratitude for the center's Christian-focused program and how it helped them find hope, faith, and support. The staff and volunteers are praised for their compassion, knowledge, and dedication to helping individuals overcome addiction. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and providing them with the tools to lead successful and fulfilling lives in recovery.
- Faith-based approach: Many reviewers highlight the strong spiritual component of the addiction treatment program at BCRC. They mention finding Jesus, developing a relationship with God, and experiencing life-changing transformations through the program's faith-based approach.
- Compassionate and dedicated staff: Multiple reviewers praise the staff and volunteers at BCRC for their compassion, dedication, and willingness to help. They mention the staff's support, guidance, and love in helping them overcome their addiction and rebuild their lives.
Grand Strand Intergroup - Alcoholics Anonymous
940 Broadway St, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577The primary purpose group at this addiction treatment center is praised for creating a comfortable and welcoming environment that feels like a second home. Reviewers express gratitude and blessings towards the group for their assistance in recovery.
- The treatment center provides a welcoming and comforting environment, giving patients a sense of home away from home.
- The staff at the primary purpose group is highly regarded and has been commended for their dedication and support during the rehabilitation process.
- Patients express gratitude for the assistance they received at the center, highlighting the positive impact it has had on their lives and well-being.
Coastal Comprehensive Care
710 Sunset Blvd N # A, Sunset Beach, NC 28468The reviews for the addiction treatment center are mostly positive, with reviewers highlighting the caring and professional staff, particularly nurse Rena Scates and doctor Theresa Long. Patients appreciate their listening skills, compassion, and ability to come up with the best treatment plans. The customer service and front office staff are also praised for their helpfulness and courtesy. However, some negative reviews criticize the unprofessional behavior and mistakes made by the nursing and office staff, emphasizing the importance of a supportive and efficient team.
- Friendly and compassionate staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this addiction treatment center are friendly, easy to get along with, and genuinely care about their patients. They take the time to listen to patients and treat them with respect and compassion.
- Professional service and knowledgeable doctors: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the professionalism and knowledge of the doctors at the center. They feel that their doctors understand their needs and come up with the best possible resolutions for their addiction treatment.
- Excellent pain management: Several reviewers specifically mention the positive experience they have had with the center's pain management services. They feel that their pain is well taken care of and appreciate the expertise of the doctors, such as Dr. Theresa Long.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started