Methadone Treatment Centers Near Aiken, SC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1051 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Aiken. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Aiken, SC
Behavioral Health Group - Spartanburg
239 Access Rd, Spartanburg, SC 29303The majority of the reviews for the BHG Methadone treatment center in Spartanburg are extremely positive. Many reviewers express their gratitude for the life-changing experience they have had at the center, thanks to the caring and supportive staff, particularly counselors like Amy T, Natasha, Kaelie, and Ruth Combs. The center is praised for its welcoming environment and the effectiveness of the program in helping individuals recover from addiction. Overall, reviewers highly recommend this center for those seeking Methadone treatment.
- The staff at BHG is caring and supportive, creating a welcoming environment for individuals seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Counselors, such as Natasha, Amy T, Ruth Combs, and Kaelie, are highly praised for their dedication and effectiveness in helping clients achieve recovery goals.
- BHG is commended for providing valuable and life-changing treatment for individuals struggling with addiction, with counselors like Ruth Combs and Kaelie being highlighted as instrumental in clients' success.
Greenville Metro Treatment Center
602 Airport Rd C, Greenville, SC 29607This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff members, including doctors, nurses, counselors, and the director, are highly dedicated, caring, and go above and beyond to meet the treatment needs of patients. Many reviewers credit this center with saving their lives and highly recommend it for anyone seeking treatment and recovery from opioid addiction.
- Highly dedicated staff members who care about the well-being of patients.
- Friendly and supportive staff who go above and beyond to meet treatment needs.
- The clinic is known for treating patients with care, helping them stay clean and providing support throughout their recovery journey.
Florence Treatment Specialists
1591 S Irby St, Florence, SC 29505This Methadone treatment center receives high praise for its caring and non-judgmental counselors, welcoming and comfortable environment, and friendly and respectful staff. Patients appreciate the staff's professionalism and compassionate approach to helping them with their sobriety. The center is commended for its effective treatment and for potentially saving lives.
- Friendly and caring staff: The counselors, doctors, and staff at this Methadone treatment center are highly praised for their level of care and compassion towards patients. They treat patients like friends and provide constructive criticism when needed.
- Welcoming and comfortable environment: The center has a small business-like setting that feels warm and comfortable. It provides a welcoming atmosphere that helps patients feel better, even when they are not at their best.
- Works with patients: The center is known for working with patients and being accommodating in their treatment approach. They provide free food and drinks and stay open until 2pm, allowing patients to receive treatment comfortably.
Behavioral Health Group - Aiken
410 University Pkwy Suite 1560, Aiken, SC 29801The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews overall. Patients describe the center as awesome, with quick and friendly service. They appreciate the helpful and professional staff, and many feel that their lives have been positively transformed by their experience at the center.
- Quick service and efficient relocation: The center was praised for providing quick and efficient service, particularly for those who had previously been treated at another facility.
- Supportive and life-changing: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the center had positively impacted their lives and expressed gratitude for the help provided. The center was praised for its efforts to support patients and bring about positive change.
- Friendly and professional staff: The center was commended for its friendly and helpful staff, creating a supportive environment for patients. Reviewers specifically mentioned the kindness of the staff and their positive experiences with them.
103 S Venture Dr, Greenville, SC 29615The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and professional staff who prioritize patient needs and offer financial flexibility. The center is commended for its family-oriented and inclusive atmosphere, and doctors and staff are praised for their kindness and support throughout the recovery process.
- The staff is patient-focused, professional, and caring.
- The center offers convenient weekend hours for people who work.
- The staff is dedicated and willing to go above and beyond to help patients, even in times of financial struggle.
- The center provides a relaxed and family-oriented atmosphere, treating patients with respect and dignity.
- The staff is kind, supportive, and understanding during the recovery process.
- The center offers a flexible payment system, making it affordable for patients without insurance.
- The doctors and staff are knowledgeable, helpful, and willing to accommodate individual needs and preferences.
Center For Behavioral Health
2301 Cosgrove Ave Suite A&B, North Charleston, SC 29405The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, including the nurses and counselors who go above and beyond to provide assistance. The center is seen as a place that helps individuals recover from addiction and turn their lives around. Patients also mention the convenience of calling ahead if they will be late and the short wait times on Saturdays. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking help, support, and a fresh start.
- The staff is caring, understanding, and nonjudgmental, making patients feel comfortable and supported.
- The nurses and counselors are highly praised for their helpfulness and professionalism.
- The clinic provides effective treatment for opioid addiction, helping patients achieve sobriety and improve their lives.
Columbia Metro Treatment Center
560 Chris Dr, West Columbia, SC 29169Overall, the reviews suggest that this Methadone treatment center has had improvements and positive experiences. Some reviewers have mentioned the caring and friendly staff, while others have highlighted the effectiveness of the treatment in helping them overcome addiction. However, there are also a few mentions of past issues and the need for self-control in maintaining a sober life. The general sentiment is that this center is a good option for those looking to recover from opioid addiction.
- Friendly and caring counselors and staff
- Improved treatment and management compared to past experiences
- Quick and efficient service
Ascent Recovery Solutions
634 Fairview Rd Building i, Simpsonville, SC 29680The Methadone treatment center called Ascent Recovery is highly praised by reviewers for their exceptional treatment and caring staff. They are described as treating patients like family and providing quick and helpful service. The staff is friendly and the clinic is clean and well-maintained. Overall, it is considered a great place for those seeking help with their recovery from opioid addiction.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center treats patients like family, providing a supportive and welcoming environment.
- Patients appreciate the fast and efficient service, with quick paperwork and shorter wait times during visits.
- The clinic stands out as a different and effective recovery center, where patients feel respected, heard, and equal.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started