Methadone Treatment Centers Near Anderson, SC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2379 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Anderson. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Anderson, SC
Southwest Carolina Treatment Center
341 W Beltline Blvd, Anderson, SC 29625Overall, the reviews for Southwest Treatment Center, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers praise specific staff members, such as Ms. Tish, Dr. Sherman, Brittany, Derrick, Candace, and Sterling, for their dedication and support. The staff is described as caring, understanding, and helpful. Reviewers also appreciate the low turnover rate, short wait times, and welcoming atmosphere of the center. Some reviewers mention that they had a negative experience with the pricing or payment requirements. Nonetheless, the majority of reviewers highly recommend Southwest Treatment Center for its effective treatment and supportive staff.
- The staff at the center is highly praised for their dedication and caring attitude towards patients. Many reviewers mention specific counselors who go above and beyond to ensure their well-being and success in treatment.
- The center provides effective treatment for opioid addiction, with many reviewers stating that their life has been changed for the better since starting treatment. Several reviewers also mention that the treatment has helped them function in society and work.
- The staff creates a welcoming and supportive atmosphere, making patients feel comfortable and valued. Many reviewers mention feeling respected and appreciated by the staff, and they also appreciate the convenience of quick check-ins and short wait times.
1400 Cleveland St, Greenville, SC 29607The positive reviews for the Methadone treatment center praise specific counselors for being down-to-earth, non-judgmental, and genuinely caring. The center is described as clean and sanitary, and the staff is mentioned as being helpful, friendly, and willing to accommodate individual needs. Many reviewers express gratitude for the center's support in helping them recover and change their lives for the better.
- Many different options for classes and counseling to help individuals in their road to recovery.
- Genuine, non-judgmental counselors who make the experience comfortable and make patients feel supported.
Greenville Metro Treatment Center
602 Airport Rd C, Greenville, SC 29607This Methadone treatment center is highly recommended by multiple reviewers for its dedicated staff members, caring counselors, and supportive environment. The staff goes above and beyond to meet the treatment needs of patients and make them feel valued as individuals. The center has helped many people in their recovery journey and is known for providing fair and compassionate care.
- Highly dedicated staff who go above and beyond to meet treatment needs.
- Friendly and caring staff who treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Effective in helping patients achieve and maintain sobriety.
103 S Venture Dr, Greenville, SC 29615The Methadone treatment center receives high praise from multiple reviewers. The staff is described as caring, knowledgeable, and professional, with a focus on patient-centered care. The center is commended for its convenience, affordable payment options, and willingness to provide support during financial struggles. Reviewers appreciate the family-oriented and welcoming atmosphere, as well as the dedication of the staff, including doctors and counselors, who volunteer their time to help patients. Overall, the center is highly recommended and seen as a great resource for addiction recovery.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are patient-focused, professional, caring, and knowledgeable.
- The center offers convenient weekend hours, making it easier for individuals who work during the weekday to receive treatment.
- The facility is family-oriented, with friendly receptionists who treat patients with respect, kindness, and dignity. The staff, including doctors and counselors, are non-judgmental and committed to helping patients in their recovery journey.
Behavioral Health Group - Spartanburg
239 Access Rd, Spartanburg, SC 29303Overall, clients have had positive experiences at this Methadone treatment center. Many reviewers credit their counselors, such as Amy T, Natasha, Ruth, Kaelie, and Ruth Combs, for their success in recovery. The staff is described as caring, understanding, and not judgmental. Some reviewers also mention that the clinic is well-organized, with short wait times and helpful pharmacists.
- The staff at BHG is highly praised for their caring and non-judgmental attitude towards patients, making them feel welcome and at home.
- Several counselors, such as Amy T, Natasha, Ruth Combs, and Kaelie, are highlighted for their exceptional support and dedication to helping individuals reach their recovery goals.
- BHG is credited with changing lives and saving lives, with many patients expressing gratitude for the program and the positive impact it has had on their sobriety journey.
South Carolina Addiction Treatment Detox & Residential
1187 Holland Rd, Simpsonville, SC 29681The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff is described as friendly, helpful, and understanding, with many of them being recovering addicts themselves. The facility is praised for its family-like atmosphere, beautiful yard, and great food. Patients and their families feel well-informed and involved in the recovery process. Overall, the center is highly recommended and seen as a lifesaving resource in the community.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, helpful, and genuinely caring about their patients and their families.
- Experienced staff: The staff at the center are described as being recovered/recovering addicts themselves, giving them a deeper understanding of what their patients are going through and enabling them to offer skilled help.
- Successful track record: Reviewers mention the center's top-of-the-line care, professionalism, and successful recovery programs, indicating a high success rate in helping patients on their journey to recovery.
Columbia Metro Treatment Center
560 Chris Dr, West Columbia, SC 29169The Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews for its caring and friendly staff, effective treatment, and ability to help patients get through difficult times. The staff is highlighted for their compassion and willingness to go above and beyond for patients. The treatment center is described as a place that has helped individuals overcome their addiction and find stability in their lives.
- Friendly and caring staff, including counselors and doctors
- Improved treatment experience compared to previous years, indicating positive changes in the center's management and operations
- Quick and efficient service, ensuring minimal wait times for patients
Behavioral Health Group - Aiken
410 University Pkwy Suite 1560, Aiken, SC 29801The Methadone treatment center has received positive feedback from multiple reviewers. They praise the center for its quick service, helpful staff, and life-changing programs. The reviewers also mention that the staff is friendly and professional, making the experience at the center enjoyable.
- Quick service: Multiple reviewers mention the center's efficient and prompt service, suggesting that they prioritize minimal wait times for patients.
- Supportive and helpful staff: The center is praised for its commitment to helping patients and offering support in various ways, indicating that the staff is attentive and understanding.
- Life-changing experience: One reviewer emphasizes that the center has transformed their life for the better, indicating that the treatment programs offered at the center are effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction.
Ascent Recovery Solutions
634 Fairview Rd Building i, Simpsonville, SC 29680The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews, with several customers praising the staff for their caring and helpful approach. The clinic is described as welcoming, fast, and respectful, with a clean and comfortable environment. Customers recommend the center for its excellent treatment and supportive atmosphere, considering it as the best recovery center compared to others they have experienced.
- Exceptional staff: The staff at this Methadone treatment center is highly praised for their caring and welcoming attitude. Patients feel treated like family and appreciate the support they receive from the team.
- Efficient and fast service: Patients report that the paperwork process is quick and hassle-free, with short waiting times. The clinic is described as being organized and efficient, making it a convenient option for those seeking help.
- Positive and uplifting environment: Unlike other clinics, this center is described as a refreshing change, where individuals are treated as equals. Patients appreciate the respectful and kind treatment they receive from the staff, and the overall atmosphere is reported to be supportive and encouraging for recovery.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started