Methadone Treatment Centers Near Charleston, SC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1999 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Charleston. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 6 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Charleston, SC
Barrier Islands Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine
1620 Ashley River Rd, Charleston, SC 29407The Methadone treatment center at Barrier Island Psychiatry has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Patients have praised the therapists, doctors, and staff for their compassion, effectiveness, and professionalism. The center is seen as a lifeline for many, providing a safe and supportive environment for recovery. Patients appreciate the individualized care they receive and the convenient services offered by the center, such as TMS treatment and on-site pharmacy services. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking opioid addiction treatment.
- The therapists at Barrier Island Psychiatry, particularly Jennifer Hayes, are highly praised for their expertise, compassion, and effectiveness in helping patients overcome addiction and improve their overall well-being.
- The staff at Barrier Island Psychiatry, including the front receptionist Maddie, lab techs, and PA Kara, are described as thoughtful, friendly, and accommodating, creating a welcoming and supportive environment for patients.
- Many reviewers credit Barrier Island Psychiatry, especially Dr. Alexander and her practice, with saving their lives and providing them with exceptional care, ensuring they receive the best possible treatment for their addiction and mental health concerns.
Center For Behavioral Health
2301 Cosgrove Ave Suite A&B, North Charleston, SC 29405The majority of reviews praise the staff and nurses at this Methadone treatment center for their caring and non-judgmental approach. Many reviewers credit the center with helping them turn their lives around and achieve sobriety. There are some comments about long wait times on Saturdays, but overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking help and support in their recovery journey.
- The staff is caring, understanding, and non-judgmental, making patients feel comfortable and supported.
- The nurses and counselors are helpful, attentive, and go above and beyond to assist patients in their recovery journey.
Tidewater Health & Ketamine Center
1435 Stuart Engals Blvd Suite 101, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients praise the caring and empathetic staff, particularly Dr. Smith and Mrs. Angela. The center is commended for its exceptional service, efficiency in COVID testing, and commitment to providing compassionate care for various healthcare needs, including pain management and addiction treatment. Overall, the reviewers highly recommend this center and express gratitude for the quality of care they have received.
- The staff at Tidewater Health is caring, empathetic, and patient, providing exceptional care to patients dealing with chronic pain and addiction.
- The center offers efficient and seamless COVID testing, with attentive and thorough service, making the process easy and hassle-free.
- Dr. Smith and his team are knowledgeable, compassionate, and committed to providing quality care, going above and beyond to ensure patients' needs are met.
Lantana Recovery Rehab
65 Gadsden St, Charleston, SC 29401Lantana Recovery is a highly recommended Methadone treatment center that provides top-notch addiction treatment services. The staff is praised for their professionalism, compassion, and dedication to helping clients achieve their treatment goals. The facility is described as clean, comfortable, and welcoming, offering a supportive environment for recovery. Overall, Lantana Recovery is commended for its comprehensive program, effective communication, and positive impact on clients and their families.
- Professional and Personable Staff: The staff at Lantana Recovery is described as extremely professional, compassionate, and caring. They work closely with every client and provide support from start to finish, dedicated to reaching treatment objectives.
- Comprehensive and Effective Program: Lantana offers an amazing program that covers all aspects of recovery. They provide a plan for maintaining sobriety once treatment is finished. The program is described as comprehensive, effective, and lifesaving.
- Supportive Environment for Clients and Families: Lantana Recovery provides a supportive and comfortable environment for clients. They offer resources, education, and support not only for the individual in recovery but also for their families. The facility is described as clean, comfortable, and vibrant.
Charleston Recovery Center
2578 Ashley River Rd Unit G, Charleston, SC 29414Charleston Recovery Center (CRC) is highly praised by reviewers for its compassionate and effective treatment of addiction. The center is described as a welcoming environment that provides the tools, support, and guidance needed to overcome addiction and achieve long-term recovery. Many reviewers credit CRC with saving their lives and transforming their perspectives, emphasizing the importance of the program's focus on helping others and creating a sense of community.
- Positive emotional and spiritual transformation: Multiple reviewers express gratitude for the center's impact on their lives, stating that it saved them and provided tools for living a happy, joyous, and free life. They emphasize the acceptance and sense of family they experienced at the center, along with a newfound purpose and meaning in life.
- Old-school approach to recovery: Reviewers appreciate the center's approach of addicts helping other addicts, similar to the founding principles of AA. They highlight the textbook-style approach to the 12 steps, the fellowship of lifelong friends formed, and the emphasis on helping others.
- Dedicated and caring staff: Reviewers express gratitude for the staff's kindness, honesty, wisdom, and dedication to their recovery. They emphasize the staff's refusal to give up, even during difficult times, and the staff's role in guiding them step-by-step to a solution that works.
Transcendence Treatment Center
3900 Leeds Ave Suite 101, North Charleston, SC 29405The reviews consistently highlight the caring and supportive staff at the Methadone treatment center. Reviewers appreciate the positive and uplifting atmosphere, as well as the resources and education provided. The staff is described as friendly, understanding, and dedicated to helping individuals overcome addiction. Reviewers highly recommend the center for its effective program and the overall positive experience.
- Friendly and supportive staff who genuinely care about patients' needs and are dedicated to helping them overcome addiction.
- Positive and uplifting program environment that provides resources, education, and counseling tailored to meet individuals where they are in their recovery journey.
- Quick and easy process to get the help needed, with no waiting time and a comfortable and safe space to openly discuss issues.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started