Methadone Treatment Centers Near Mount Pleasant, SC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2143 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Mount Pleasant. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Mount Pleasant, SC
Barrier Islands Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine
1620 Ashley River Rd, Charleston, SC 29407The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive, with many patients expressing gratitude for the caring and supportive staff. Multiple therapists and doctors were specifically mentioned as being excellent and life-changing. Some reviewers also mentioned the helpfulness and professionalism of the front office staff and the overall positive atmosphere of the center. However, there were also a few negative reviews that mentioned issues with medication management and delays in prescription filling.
- The therapists and doctors at Barrier Island Psychiatry are highly praised for their effectiveness in helping patients overcome addiction and mental health challenges. Patients appreciate their expertise, guidance, and ability to find the right medications and treatments.
- The staff at Barrier Island Psychiatry is described as kind, caring, and supportive. Patients feel comfortable and welcomed in the office, and appreciate the staff's willingness to go above and beyond to help them.
- The office environment at Barrier Island Psychiatry is clean and welcoming, creating a positive atmosphere for patients to receive their treatment. The staff is praised for being accommodating and prompt in resolving any issues or concerns.
Center For Behavioral Health
2301 Cosgrove Ave Suite A&B, North Charleston, SC 29405This Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews. Many users praise the staff for their caring and professional attitude, emphasizing that they feel respected and supported. Some reviewers mention a long wait time on Saturdays as a minor downside, but overall, the center is recommended for those seeking help and support in recovering from addiction.
- The staff and counselors at this center are caring, understanding, and go above and beyond to help patients feel comfortable. They treat each person as an individual and not just as an addict.
- The nurses and staff are highly praised for their professionalism and dedication to their patients. They provide support and assistance throughout the treatment process.
- The center offers help, support, and a chance for a better life for those struggling with addiction. Many patients credit this center for helping them turn their lives around and regain control.
Tidewater Health & Ketamine Center
1435 Stuart Engals Blvd Suite 101, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464The Methadone treatment center, Tidewater Health, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff, including Dr. Smith and Angela, are praised for their empathy, compassion, and dedication to patient care. Many reviewers mention that the center is efficient, provides excellent COVID testing, and is highly recommended for both pain management and addiction treatment.
- Caring and empathetic staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center, including Dr. Smith and Mrs. Angela, are caring, compassionate, and understanding towards their patients. They make patients feel welcome and work with them to address their needs and schedules.
- Top-notch pain management: Patients with chronic pain express their gratitude for finding Dr. Smith and his team. They highlight the exceptional pain management provided by the center, which has significantly improved their quality of life. The standard of care is highly praised, and Dr. Smith is committed to his patients.
- Efficient and friendly COVID testing: Several reviews mention how the center has made the COVID testing process seamless, efficient, and friendly. Patients appreciate the attentive and thorough care, as well as the kindness shown by the staff during the testing process. The center is described as providing 5-star service.
Florence Treatment Specialists
1591 S Irby St, Florence, SC 29505This Methadone treatment center receives high praise for its caring and compassionate counselors and staff. Patients appreciate the warm and comfortable environment and the constructive criticism provided. The staff is welcoming, informative, and professional, making patients feel better even on their worst days. The center is highly recommended for its level of care, friendliness, and dedication to helping people in their recovery journeys.
- The counselors and staff at this Methadone treatment center are highly regarded and provide excellent care. They are described as non-judgmental, caring, and able to provide constructive criticism when needed.
- The atmosphere at the center is described as warm, comfortable, and welcoming, providing a supportive environment for patients.
- The center is praised for its commitment to helping patients and their sobriety. The staff is described as amazing, friendly, and compassionate.
Dorchester Counseling Services
320 Midland Pkwy Suite C, Summerville, SC 29485The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as nice, down to earth, and easy to get along with. The counselor, Monique, is praised for her teaching abilities and the clients in the ADSAP class also found it to be a positive experience. The center is said to care about each client and provide in-depth information for recovery through 12 step programs. Overall, the staff is described as nice and helpful.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The front desk employees and the counselor, Monique, were described as nice, down-to-earth, and easy to get along with. This suggests that the staff at the center are welcoming and create a positive atmosphere for clients.
- Individualized and respectful treatment: The reviews emphasize that the center cares about each client, respecting their needs and offering assistance. This indicates that the center prioritizes personalized care and treats clients with the utmost respect.
- Informative and valuable classes: The ADSAP class and 12 step program introduction were praised for providing in-depth information and contributing to clients' learning and recovery process. These courses are likely to offer valuable education and support for individuals seeking treatment.
Charleston Recovery Center
2578 Ashley River Rd Unit G, Charleston, SC 29414Overall, the reviews for Charleston Recovery Center (CRC) are overwhelmingly positive. Many individuals credit the center with saving their lives and helping them find sobriety and purpose. The staff is described as supportive, caring, and dedicated, and the program is praised for its emphasis on fellowship, 12-step principles, and personal growth. The center is highly recommended for individuals seeking long-term recovery and willing to put in the necessary work.
- The staff and residents at Charleston Recovery Center provide a welcoming and supportive environment.
- The program emphasizes a strong sense of community and fellowship, with residents forming lifelong friendships.
- The center offers effective tools and guidance for long-term recovery and teaches residents how to live a meaningful and fulfilling sober life.
Transcendence Treatment Center
3900 Leeds Ave Suite 101, North Charleston, SC 29405The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Clients appreciate the helpful and supportive staff who provide beneficial resources, education, and counseling. The program is described as positive, uplifting, and a great help in overcoming addiction. The staff at the center are commended for their dedication, transparency, and authenticity, creating a safe and welcoming environment for those seeking treatment. Overall, the center is highly recommended for anyone struggling with substance use disorders and seeking a positive change in their lives.
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Quick and easy process
- Positive and uplifting program
- Highly recommended for making positive changes in life
- Dedicated and resourceful team
Columbia Metro Treatment Center
560 Chris Dr, West Columbia, SC 29169The Methadone treatment center receives positive feedback from reviewers who appreciate the caring and friendly staff, including counselors and nurses. Many reviewers mention that the treatment has helped them overcome addiction and provided relief from cravings and sickness. Some reviewers also commend the center for its quick service and affordable pricing.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the counselors and doctors at the center are friendly, caring, and genuinely interested in helping patients.
- Improved treatment quality: A review mentions that the treatment at this center is noticeably better compared to another one, indicating potential improvements in the quality of care provided.
- Helpful and efficient service: Some reviews note that the staff at the center are helpful and quick in assisting patients, such as accommodating a guest dosing request and providing efficient service during the visit.
- Affordable treatment: One review highlights that the cost of the treatment at this center is reasonable, emphasizing the value of the services provided compared to the price.
- Life-saving treatment: A grateful patient expresses that the treatment received at this center has saved their life, indicating the effectiveness of the methadone treatment in helping them overcome addiction and improve their overall well-being.
Behavioral Health Group - Aiken
410 University Pkwy Suite 1560, Aiken, SC 29801The majority of reviewers had positive experiences at this Methadone treatment center, praising its quick service and friendly staff. Many credited the center with changing their lives for the better and expressed gratitude for the help they received. Overall, the center was described as professional and capable of providing a life-changing experience for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Quick service and efficient relocation process: One review highlights the awesome experience and quick service when relocating from another treatment center, suggesting a streamlined and efficient process.
- Supportive and life-changing experience: Multiple reviews emphasize that this Methadone treatment center has positively impacted their lives and aided in their recovery journey. They mention the center's efforts in helping patients in any way they can, indicating a supportive and impactful program.
- Professional and friendly staff: Reviewers praise the center's professional approach and commend the friendly and caring staff. This indicates a positive and welcoming environment for patients seeking treatment.
Charleston Recovery Center (Headquarters)
5060 Dorchester Rd #210, North Charleston, SC 29418Charleston Recovery Center is highly praised for saving the lives of individuals struggling with opioid addiction. Reviewers credit the facility and its staff for providing the necessary tools to turn their lives around and maintain sobriety. The center is recommended for anyone serious about pursuing sobriety and seeking help for substance abuse issues.
- Life-saving: Multiple reviews mention that the Charleston Recovery Center saved their lives, showing the effectiveness of their treatment program.
- Transformational: Reviewers emphasize that the center not only helped them get sober but also taught them how to live a fulfilling and happy life without drugs. The center appears to provide a comprehensive approach to recovery and personal growth.
- Supportive community: The center is praised for its staff and residents, who create a supportive environment. The 12 Step program of Alcoholics Anonymous is also mentioned as a valuable component in the recovery process.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started