Methadone Treatment Centers Near Myrtle Beach, SC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3305 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Myrtle Beach. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Myrtle Beach, SC
104 George Bishop Pkwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with many expressing gratitude for the staff and counselors who have helped them on their journey to sobriety. The center is commended for its efficiency and cleanliness, with some reviewers mentioning that wait times have improved over time. There are a few negative comments about certain counselors, but overall, the center is praised for its caring and supportive atmosphere.
- The counselors at Crossroads are highly praised for their support and attention to individual needs. They are described as caring, understanding, and treating people as individuals rather than numbers.
- The clinic has made improvements over time, including reducing wait times and handling the high number of patients efficiently. This is important for those seeking treatment who want quick and effective services.
- The staff at the clinic are described as friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The nurses and pharmacists are commended for their expertise and fairness in providing medication.
Coastal Wellness Center
4955 US Highway 17 Bypass South, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from its patients. The staff is described as caring, compassionate, and non-judgmental, providing excellent treatment and support. Patients highly recommend the center for addiction or pain management treatment, praising the doctors and staff for their professionalism, knowledge, and helpfulness.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers who have been going for years and have had positive experiences with the staff.
- Non-judgmental environment with compassionate and understanding staff who genuinely care about their patients' well-being.
Myrtle Beach Treatment Specialists
1607 Executive Ave, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577The Methadone treatment center in question has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients commend the staff for their empathy, diligence, and friendly demeanor. The clinic is praised for its smooth operations, quick service, and lack of long lines. Patients appreciate being treated with respect and dignity, and many prefer this clinic over others they have been to in the past. Overall, the facility is highly recommended for those seeking help with substance abuse and opioid addiction in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Phenomenal staff - The staff at this Methadone treatment center is highly empathetic and diligent in their approach to client care. They are praised for their professionalism and are seen as a top recommendation for people seeking help with substance abuse and dependency.
- Fast and efficient service - The clinic runs smoothly with friendly staff who treat patients with respect and kindness. They have a quick dosing process, especially for guest dosing, making it convenient for individuals who are on vacation or visiting from out of town.
- Non-judgmental and supportive environment - Unlike other centers, this clinic is known for its lack of judgment and willingness to help individuals, especially when they are feeling down. The staff is caring, respectful, and goes above and beyond to support recovering addicts. This positive and supportive atmosphere creates a safe space for individuals seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
Florence Treatment Specialists
1591 S Irby St, Florence, SC 29505This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Patients appreciate the caring and non-judgmental attitudes of the counselors and staff, as well as the warm and comfortable environment. The staff is described as professional and welcoming, making patients feel better even when they are not feeling their best. The facility is praised for its level of care, with friendly and respectful staff who work with patients and offer free food and drinks during treatment. Many patients express gratitude for the center helping them save their lives. Overall, it is considered a great place for Methadone treatment.
- The counselors and staff at this Methadone treatment center are caring, non-judgmental, and treat patients like friends. They provide constructive criticism when needed.
- The staff at this center are welcoming, informative, and professional. They make patients feel better just by their positive attitudes and professionalism.
- The level of care and compassion from counselors, doctors, and staff at this center is truly amazing. They go above and beyond to help patients with their sobriety.
Circle Park Behavioral Health Services
238 S Coit St, Florence, SC 29501According to the reviews, this Methadone treatment center has helped many individuals turn their lives around and rehabilitate their addiction mindset. The staff is praised, with mention of specific individuals like Tiffany, Ken, and Amanda who have been instrumental in helping patients. However, one review raises concerns about Mrs. Krista allegedly giving out illegal doses and scripts, suggesting the need for an investigation. Overall, the center is described as secure, professional, and providing confidential treatment.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are highly engaged and challenge individuals to become better versions of themselves, providing true programs for rehabilitation.
- The center has been successful in helping individuals turn their lives around, with specific mentions of staff members Tiffany, Ken, and Amanda who have made a significant impact.
- The center is described as secure, professional, and providing confidential treatment, indicating a safe and supportive environment for recovery.
Center For Behavioral Health
2301 Cosgrove Ave Suite A&B, North Charleston, SC 29405The majority of the reviews express gratitude for the center and its staff, stating that they have successfully found sobriety and that the nurses, counselors, and other staff members are caring and helpful. Some reviewers mention that Saturdays can be crowded and have longer wait times. Overall, the center is recommended as a great place for treatment and support for opioid addiction.
- The staff and nurses go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and cared for.
- The counselors are helpful and great listeners, providing support and guidance throughout the recovery process.
- The center is a great place for treatment, offering help, support, and the opportunity to turn your life around.
- The staff is friendly and professional, treating patients with respect and understanding.
- The center provides a confidential and non-judgmental environment for recovery.
- Patients appreciate the flexibility of being allowed some time to arrive if they are running late.
- The center has helped many individuals transform their lives and become their fullest potential.
Shoreline Behavioral Health
2404 Wise Rd, Conway, SC 29526, United StatesThe majority of reviews express gratitude and praise for the Methadone treatment center, stating that the staff is caring, helpful, and professional. Many reviewers mention their positive experiences, including successful recovery. However, one reviewer mentioned difficulties in obtaining assistance after completing the program, while another reviewer felt that the center's focus on money became apparent after their insurance coverage ended.
- The staff genuinely cares about their clients and wants to help them in their recovery journey.
- The center provides a supportive and understanding environment, with friendly and compassionate staff.
- The program offers helpful classes and resources, with an outdoor jungle gym that helps build confidence and overcome fears.
Columbia Metro Treatment Center
560 Chris Dr, West Columbia, SC 29169Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. There are mentions of the center adding water to their Methadone, but another clinic is recommended for a better treatment experience. Some reviewers appreciate the friendly counselors and doctors who listened to them and provided care, even though the center may not be the fastest. One reviewer mentioned specific staff members who were helpful, and another expressed gratitude for the treatment center saving their life.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the counselors and doctors at the Methadone treatment center were friendly, caring, and genuinely interested in helping them. This creates a positive and supportive environment for patients.
- Effective treatment: Multiple reviewers expressed that the treatment provided at the center has helped them overcome their addiction and maintain a productive and healthy lifestyle. This indicates that the Methadone treatment program offered is effective and successful in helping patients recover from opioid addiction.
- Quick and helpful service: Some reviewers mentioned that the staff at the center was quick to assist them and accommodated their needs, such as getting them in and out of the center quickly. This suggests that the center provides efficient and helpful service to its patients.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started