Methadone Treatment Centers Near North Charleston, SC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1951 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in North Charleston. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near North Charleston, SC
Barrier Islands Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine
1620 Ashley River Rd, Charleston, SC 29407The Methadone treatment center, Barrier Island Psychiatry, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Many mention specific therapists and doctors, such as Jennifer Hayes and Dr. Alexander, who have helped them with their addiction and provided excellent care. The staff is described as kind, caring, and accommodating, with specific mentions of individuals like Maddie, Kara, Angela, and Greg. Patients feel supported, heard, and guided towards a healthier and stable life. However, there are a few reviews that mention issues with medication deliveries and some inconsistencies in staff performance. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking effective treatment for opioid addiction.
- Highly skilled and caring therapists: Multiple reviewers specifically mention the therapists at the center, such as Jennifer Hayes and Julia Rodriguez, as being excellent, compassionate, and helpful in their treatment.
- Supportive and friendly staff: Many reviewers express gratitude for the friendly and accommodating staff at the center, including the receptionists and lab techs. They mention feeling welcomed and comfortable during their visits.
- Life-changing treatment: Several reviewers credit the center with saving their lives or significantly improving their mental health. They mention positive experiences with medication management, therapy, and non-drug treatments like TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation), and recommend the center for those seeking help with addiction and mental health issues.
1341 N Cashua Dr, Florence, SC 29501The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients appreciate the supportive and caring staff, especially their counselors. Many mention that the program has helped them turn their lives around and get back on track. However, there are a few negative reviews that mention issues with other patients and some concerns about the program's structure. Overall, it seems that the center has been effective in helping individuals with their opioid addiction, as long as they are willing to follow the rules and commit to the program.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is described as respectful, pleasant, and caring. Patients feel supported and treated with respect, which contributes to a positive experience.
- The treatment center is praised for its smooth intake process and honoring take-home schedules, which is rare in other centers. This efficiency and flexibility make it easier for patients to transition into treatment and maintain their responsibilities.
Center For Behavioral Health
2301 Cosgrove Ave Suite A&B, North Charleston, SC 29405The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who have found success in their recovery journey. The staff, including nurses, counselors, and security personnel, are highly praised for their care, understanding, and professionalism. The center is described as non-judgmental and a great source of support for those struggling with opioid addiction. Some minor criticisms include longer wait times on Saturdays and a wish for more nurses and windows. Overall, the center is highly recommended for individuals looking for help, treatment, and support in overcoming addiction.
- The staff and nurses go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and cared for.
- The counselors are helpful and provide one-on-one support.
- The center has a positive and non-judgmental atmosphere, treating patients as individuals rather than just addicts.
Tidewater Health & Ketamine Center
1435 Stuart Engals Blvd Suite 101, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464Patients are extremely grateful for the caring and empathetic staff at the Methadone treatment center, praising Dr. Smith and Mrs. Angela for their understanding and dedication. The staff is described as friendly, helpful, and attentive, going out of their way to ensure patients feel heard and supported. The center is also commended for its efficient COVID testing and the exceptional care provided during Ketamine treatments. Overall, patients highly recommend this center for addiction treatment, pain management, and COVID testing.
- Caring and empathetic staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at the center for their compassion, empathy, and understanding. They make patients feel welcome, take care of their needs, and work with them to ensure they receive proper treatment.
- High-quality care: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the center provides top-notch care. Dr. Smith and the staff are knowledgeable, professional, and dedicated to helping patients. They go above and beyond to ensure patients receive the best possible treatment for their pain management and addiction issues.
- Efficient COVID testing: Reviewers also appreciated the center's efficient COVID testing process. They mentioned that the staff was attentive, thorough, and made the testing experience easy and convenient. The results were delivered promptly and the testing was handled professionally.
Charleston Recovery Center
2578 Ashley River Rd Unit G, Charleston, SC 29414Charleston Recovery Center (CRC) is highly praised by reviewers for saving their lives and providing effective treatment for addiction. The staff is described as welcoming, caring, and dedicated to helping residents achieve long-term recovery. The program is praised for its emphasis on fellowship, the 12-step approach, and providing a safe and comfortable environment for building a solid foundation of sobriety. Many reviewers credit CRC with transforming their lives and giving them hope for a better future.
- Welcoming and supportive staff: The center is praised for its staff members who are described as welcoming, supportive, and treating residents like family. The staff is dedicated to helping individuals on their recovery journey.
- Effective and life-changing program: Several reviews highlight how the Methadone treatment center has helped individuals turn their lives around, providing them with the tools to battle addiction and live a meaningful sober life. The program is described as effective in helping individuals achieve long-term recovery.
- Safe and comfortable environment: The facility is commended for providing a safe and welcoming environment for residents. The center is described as clean, with acceptable food, and a relaxing patio. This creates a comfortable space for individuals to focus on their rehabilitation.
Lexington Treatment Specialists
185 Lott Ct, West Columbia, SC 29169This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients consistently describe the staff as caring and compassionate, with counselors who genuinely care about their well-being. Many patients credit the center with saving their lives and helping them achieve sobriety. The intake process is smooth and efficient, and the center is praised as being one of the best in the area for opioid treatment.
- The staff is caring and dedicated to the well-being of their patients, going the extra mile to ensure a successful recovery process.
- The clinic provides effective Methadone treatment, with patients reporting sobriety and a normal, drug-free life.
- The intake process is quick and simple, and the staff demonstrates professionalism and compassion in their care for patients.
Transcendence Treatment Center
3900 Leeds Ave Suite 101, North Charleston, SC 29405The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff is described as caring, friendly, and supportive. They provide beneficial resources and education, and are transparent and authentic in their approach. The program is praised for being positive, uplifting, and effective in helping individuals overcome addiction. Overall, the center comes highly recommended for anyone seeking treatment services.
- Friendly and supportive staff who genuinely care about the needs of their clients.
- Positive and uplifting program that provides helpful resources and education for addiction recovery.
- Quick and easy process to get the help needed, accommodating schedules of clients.
Columbia Metro Treatment Center
560 Chris Dr, West Columbia, SC 29169The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews regarding the effectiveness of their treatment. Many reviewers praise the friendly and caring nature of the staff, including the counselors and doctor. Some reviewers also appreciate the helpfulness and quick service provided by the staff. Overall, reviewers express gratitude for the center's role in saving their lives and helping them overcome addiction.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the counselors and doctors being friendly, caring, and attentive, making the overall experience great.
- Helpful and efficient service: Some reviewers praised the staff for being helpful, quick, and accommodating, ensuring that they were taken care of and able to get the treatment they needed.
- Effective treatment: One reviewer mentioned that the treatment at this center helped them overcome their addiction, maintain a productive job, and find a path to a sober, stress-free life.
Florence Treatment Specialists
1591 S Irby St, Florence, SC 29505The majority of the reviews praise the Methadone treatment center for its caring and compassionate staff. Reviewers appreciate the welcoming and comfortable environment and feel that they are treated like friends. The staff's professionalism, informative approach, and ability to work with patients are highly praised. Overall, the center is seen as a place that helps people and potentially saves lives. Some reviewers mention the limited operating hours as a drawback.
- Compassionate and caring counselors and staff who treat you like a friend.
- Welcoming and comfortable environment that feels like home.
- Works with patients and provides assistance for various needs.
Behavioral Health Group - Aiken
410 University Pkwy Suite 1560, Aiken, SC 29801The Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews for its quick service, friendly and helpful staff, and life-changing program. Previous patients appreciate the dedication of the team and how the center has positively transformed their lives for the better. Overall, the center appears to provide a professional and effective treatment experience for opioid addiction.
- Quick service and friendly staff - Multiple reviewers mentioned that the center provided quick service and had a friendly staff. This suggests that patients can expect to receive prompt and efficient care from a supportive team.
- Life-changing experience - Another reviewer stated that the center had changed their life for the better. This indicates that the treatment programs offered at the center have had a positive impact on individuals struggling with opioid addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started