Methadone Treatment Centers Near North Myrtle Beach, SC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1378 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in North Myrtle Beach. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near North Myrtle Beach, SC
Shoreline Behavioral Health
2404 Wise Rd, Conway, SC 29526The Methadone treatment center at Shoreline has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients have expressed gratitude for the caring and dedicated staff who genuinely want to help those struggling with addiction. Some reviewers have mentioned issues with post-graduation assistance, but overall, the center is praised for being helpful, supportive, and life-saving.
- The staff genuinely cares about their clients and is dedicated to helping them overcome addiction and mental health issues.
- The center provides a supportive and understanding environment, with friendly and compassionate staff members.
- The outdoor jungle gym helps build confidence and encourages clients to overcome their fears and reintegrate into the world.
Myrtle Beach Treatment Specialists
1607 Executive Ave, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577The Methadone treatment center consistently receives praise for its phenomenal and empathetic staff, with patients and professionals alike recommending it for substance abuse treatment. Patients appreciate the smooth operations of the center, mentioning fast service, friendly staff, and efficient processes. Overall, the center is highly regarded for its respectful and caring approach to recovery.
- Phenomenal staff - The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as empathetic, diligent, friendly, and kind. They treat their clients with respect and provide excellent care.
- Efficient and organized - The clinic runs smoothly and has a quick dosing process. Patients appreciate the minimal wait times and efficient service.
- Non-judgmental and supportive - Unlike some other treatment centers, this clinic is praised for its non-judgmental attitude towards patients. The staff are described as caring and supportive, creating a welcoming and respectful environment for recovery.
Florence Treatment Specialists
1591 S Irby St, Florence, SC 29505The Methadone treatment center received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praised the caring and nonjudgmental nature of the counselors and staff, as well as the warm and comfortable environment. The staff's professionalism and positive attitudes were mentioned as boosting the overall experience. Patients appreciated the flexibility and support provided, even though one reviewer mentioned the limited operating hours as a drawback. Overall, the center was considered a great place that helped save lives and was highly recommended.
- Staff are caring, non-judgmental, and treat you like a friend.
- The environment feels warm and comfortable, creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- The staff is informative, professional, and have a positive attitude, making patients feel better even when they are not at their best.
Circle Park Behavioral Health Services
238 S Coit St, Florence, SC 29501The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from some patients who feel that the staff is dedicated to helping individuals overcome addiction and that the programs offered can be effective when taken seriously. However, there is also a negative review that raises concerns about a staff member potentially distributing illegal doses and scripts. Overall, the center is described as secure, professional, and confidential.
- The staff at this center are supportive and engaging, encouraging patients to become better versions of themselves.
- The programs offered at this center are effective in rehabilitating the addiction mindset when taken seriously.
- The center provides professional and confidential treatment, ensuring a secure environment for addiction recovery.
Center For Behavioral Health
2301 Cosgrove Ave Suite A&B, North Charleston, SC 29405This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Patients appreciate the caring and professional staff, including the nurses and counselors who go above and beyond to help and make patients feel comfortable. Many commend the center for treating them as individuals and not just as addicts. The center is also praised for its confidentiality and support. Some minor areas for improvement include reducing wait times on Saturdays and having more nurses available. Overall, this center is highly recommended by patients for its effectiveness in helping them overcome addiction and improve their lives.
- The staff is caring, professional, and goes above and beyond to help patients.
- The nurses are wonderful and the counselors are helpful listeners.
- The clinic provides a supportive and non-judgmental environment for individuals seeking treatment for addiction.
Columbia Metro Treatment Center
560 Chris Dr, West Columbia, SC 29169Reviewers praised the Methadone treatment center for providing a noticeable improvement in the taste and effectiveness of their Methadone compared to other centers. Many reviewers appreciated the friendly and caring counselors and doctors, as well as the supportive staff who helped them through difficult times. The treatment center was credited with saving lives and enabling individuals to maintain a productive and addiction-free lifestyle.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the counselors and doctor at the center being friendly, caring, and actually listening to the patients' needs and concerns.
- Quick and efficient service: Reviews mention that the staff is helpful and efficient, getting patients in and out quickly, which can be important for those who have time constraints or busy schedules.
MinuteClinic at CVS
1010 Hwy 17 N, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582The reviews mentioned positive experiences at the Methadone treatment center, with reviewers praising the helpful and professional staff. The wait times were minimal, and the providers were attentive and caring. Overall, the clinic provided efficient and effective treatment, with patients feeling satisfied with their experiences.
- Efficient and professional staff who provide quality care and take the time to address patients' concerns
- Minimal wait times and a streamlined process for signing up and scheduling appointments
- Positive experiences with various practitioners who demonstrate genuine care and expertise
1430 S Cashua Dr, Florence, SC 29501The reviews express overall positive experiences with the Methadone treatment center. The staff is described as caring and supportive, and the center is praised for helping individuals on their journey to recovery. The ability to bring children to the facility is seen as a major benefit.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as wonderful, caring, and treating patients like family.
- The center is praised for its positive impact on patients' lives, helping them learn about their addiction and providing tools for living a healthy, drug-free life.
- Patients are encouraged to bring their children, making it a family-friendly environment that benefits both the individual seeking treatment and their loved ones.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started