Methadone Treatment Centers Near Rock Hill, SC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1805 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Rock Hill. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Rock Hill, SC
Behavioral Health Group - Spartanburg
239 Access Rd, Spartanburg, SC 29303Multiple reviewers express gratitude for BHG and the positive impact it has had on their lives. Many reviewers specifically mention the caring and understanding nature of the staff, with counselors such as Amy T, Natasha, Ruth Combs, Kaelie, and Wendy receiving high praise. The overall consensus is that BHG provides a welcoming environment and effective treatment for those struggling with addiction.
- The counselors at BHG are highly praised for their caring and understanding approach. They are described as patient, non-judgmental, and genuinely invested in their clients' recovery.
- The staff at BHG, including the counselors, nurses, and pharmacy team, are consistently commended for their friendliness, helpfulness, and professionalism. Clients feel supported, respected, and cared for throughout their treatment.
- Many clients credit their counselors, such as Amy T, Natasha, Ruth Combs, Kaelie, and others, for playing a crucial role in their successful recovery. These counselors are described as knowledgeable, attentive, and life-changing, providing invaluable guidance and support.
Rock Hill Treatment Specialists
1274 E Main St, Rock Hill, SC 29730This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers. The staff is praised for being caring, friendly, and genuinely interested in helping patients. The atmosphere is welcoming and the center provides additional services such as counseling and support. Many customers recommend this clinic and feel that it has helped them turn their lives around.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is highly praised for their genuine care and understanding. Reviewers mention specific counselors and pharmacist's who are kind, friendly, and genuinely care about the patients.
- The overall atmosphere of the center is described as welcoming and friendly. Patients feel treated as individuals rather than just a number, with staff members going above and beyond to make them feel comfortable and supported.
- The center is commended for its efficient and quick service, as well as its flexibility in accommodating patients' work schedules. Additionally, it is mentioned that the center offers free breakfast on intake days and free drinks every day.
New Season Treatment Center – York County
377 Rubin Center Dr Suite 101, Fort Mill, SC 29715Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive. Many reviewers noted that the center helped them overcome their addiction and improve their quality of life. The staff, including counselors and nurses, were praised for their professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond to help patients. Some reviewers mentioned that the cost of treatment was high, but it was worth it.
- The treatment center follows laws and regulations while listening to individual needs.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and goes out of their way to help patients.
- The counselors are highly praised for their support and care.
Greenville Metro Treatment Center
602 Airport Rd C, Greenville, SC 29607This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from former and current patients. The staff members, including the doctors, nurses, counselors, and director, are highly dedicated, caring, and go above and beyond to meet the needs of the patients. The center is commended for treating patients with respect and helping them achieve and maintain sobriety. Several reviewers also mentioned that this center is superior to others in the area. Overall, this treatment center is highly recommended for individuals seeking treatment and recovery from opioid addiction.
- Highly dedicated staff who go above and beyond to meet treatment needs.
- Friendly and caring staff who treat patients with respect and understanding.
- The center has a track record of helping patients achieve long-term sobriety.
Columbia Metro Treatment Center
560 Chris Dr, West Columbia, SC 29169This Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews regarding the effectiveness of their treatment. The staff members are described as friendly, caring, and helpful. Many reviewers express gratitude for the assistance they received at this center and emphasize that it has greatly improved their lives.
- Friendly and caring counselors and staff who genuinely want to help.
- Improved treatment methods compared to previous years, indicating a commitment to progress and improvement.
- Quick and efficient service for guest dosing and accommodating urgent needs.
Florence Treatment Specialists
1591 S Irby St, Florence, SC 29505The Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews for its caring and non-judgmental counselors, warm and comfortable environment, and friendly and professional staff. Patients appreciate the welcoming and informative visits and the supportive and compassionate care they receive. The center is known for working well with people and being a great place that helps save lives.
- The counselors and staff are highly praised for their caring attitude and constructive criticism, making patients feel supported and comfortable.
- The clinic offers a warm and welcoming environment that feels like home, which helps create a positive atmosphere for recovery.
- The clinic is known for working with patients and being accommodating, even providing free food and drinks during treatment.
Behavioral Health Group - Aiken
410 University Pkwy Suite 1560, Aiken, SC 29801The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for providing quick service and a friendly staff that is committed to helping patients. Several reviewers mentioned that their experience with the center was life-changing and expressed gratitude for the positive impact it had on their lives. The center is commended for its professionalism and a program that is effective in treating opioid addiction.
- Quick and efficient service: Multiple reviews mention the center providing quick service, indicating that they prioritize timely treatment for patients.
- Supportive and caring staff: Reviewers appreciate the staff's efforts to help them in any way possible, showing that the center has a compassionate and helpful team.
- Life-changing treatment: The center is described as life-changing by one reviewer, suggesting that their methadone program has had a positive impact on patients' lives.
Ascent Recovery Solutions
634 Fairview Rd Building i, Simpsonville, SC 29680The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Patients feel that they are treated like family and appreciate the helpful and welcoming staff. The center is described as a gem, with a brand new and spotless building. Patients recommend this center over any other, stating that they are treated with respect and kindness from day one.
- Exceptional staff: Multiple reviewers mention the staff at the Methadone treatment center are friendly, helpful, and treat patients like family.
- Efficient and fast intake process: One reviewer specifically mentions that their intake process was smooth and they were in and out within a short period of time.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started