Methadone Treatment Centers Near Sumter, SC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1711 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Sumter. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Sumter, SC
Greenville Metro Treatment Center
602 Airport Rd C, Greenville, SC 29607The Methadone treatment center has received numerous positive reviews. The staff members are highly dedicated and caring towards the patients. Patients appreciate the support and care they receive from the counselors and nurses. Overall, the treatment center is recommended for anyone seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Highly dedicated staff members: The staff at this treatment center are described as highly dedicated to their jobs and the well-being of their patients.
- Supportive and caring environment: Many reviewers mention the caring and supportive atmosphere provided by the staff, including the doctors, nurses, counselors, and director.
- Life-saving treatment: Multiple reviewers credit this clinic with saving their lives and helping them achieve sobriety.
Behavioral Health Group - Aiken
410 University Pkwy Suite 1560, Aiken, SC 29801The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for its quick service and helpful staff. Patients appreciate how the center has positively impacted their lives and commend the professionalism and friendliness of the team. Overall, the center is regarded as life-changing and highly recommended.
- Quick service and efficient relocation process from a previous treatment center.
- Helpful and supportive staff that genuinely tries to assist patients in every way possible.
- Friendly and welcoming environment with a good program, making the overall experience positive and life-changing.
Florence Treatment Specialists
1591 S Irby St, Florence, SC 29505The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. The counselors are highly praised for their caring and non-judgmental approach towards patients. The staff is described as friendly, professional, and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure a comfortable and welcoming environment. Patients appreciate the center's flexibility and the support they provide, with some even stating that it helped save their lives.
- The counselors and staff are highly praised for their caring and non-judgmental approach towards patients. They treat patients like friends and offer constructive criticism when needed, creating a warm and comfortable environment.
- The staff is welcoming, informative, and professional, making patients feel better even when they don't feel their best. They go above and beyond to help transfer patients from other clinics that have failed them.
- The level of care provided by the counselors, doctors, staff, and pharmacists is truly amazing. They are friendly, always available, and genuinely care about the patients' sobriety.
Sumter Treatment Specialists
1031 Broad St, Sumter, SC 29150The Methadone treatment center has received consistently positive reviews regarding its knowledgeable and non-judgmental staff. Reviewers mention feeling welcomed and supported, especially by specific staff members. One reviewer highlights the doctor's thorough explanation of treatment options and the beneficial impact of the treatment within just two days. Overall, the center comes highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Knowledgeable and supportive staff: Reviewers appreciate the staff's expertise and understanding of their needs without passing judgment. They mention the welcoming atmosphere and the staff's willingness to help.
- Comprehensive treatment options: The doctor takes the time to explain the science behind the treatment options, ensuring patients and their families understand the process. This thoroughness is valued by the reviewers, who express gratitude for the positive impact it has had on their wellbeing.
Behavioral Health Group - Spartanburg
239 Access Rd, Spartanburg, SC 29303Overall, the reviews about this Methadone treatment center are very positive. The counselors, particularly Amy T, Natasha, Ruth, Kaelie, and Ruth Combs, are highly praised for their caring and understanding approach. The staff, including the front desk, dosing window, nurses, and pharmacy, have been described as friendly and helpful. Patients appreciate the supportive environment provided by the center and credit it with transforming their lives and helping them achieve sobriety. Some reviewers mentioned the high cost of services, but for many, the quality of care and the positive impact outweighs this concern.
- The staff at BHG is caring, understanding, and nonjudgmental towards their clients.
- The counselors, especially Amy T, Natasha, Ruth Combs, Kaelie, and Wendy, are highly praised for their support, guidance, and dedication to their clients' recovery journeys.
Center For Behavioral Health
2301 Cosgrove Ave Suite A&B, North Charleston, SC 29405Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are very positive. Many patients express gratitude for the caring and understanding staff, who they feel go above and beyond to help them on their recovery journey. Patients feel comfortable and supported, and appreciate that the staff treats them as individuals rather than just addicts. Some minor complaints include occasional wait times, especially on Saturdays, and a desire for more nurses and windows. However, the majority of reviews emphasize the positive impact the center has had on their lives, including helping them achieve sobriety, improve relationships, and regain control of their lives.
- The staff and counselors are caring, understanding, and non-judgmental.
- The nurses and counselors go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and supported.
- The clinic offers help, support, and effective treatment for opioid addiction.
- The staff is friendly and makes an effort to create a welcoming environment.
- The clinic is able to accommodate late arrivals if notified in advance.
- Saturday wait times have improved, with minimal wait times now.
- The clinic provides a safe and confidential environment for treatment.
- The clinic has helped many patients turn their lives around and regain control.
Columbia Metro Treatment Center
560 Chris Dr, West Columbia, SC 29169Reviewers appreciate the improved taste and quality of methadone compared to other centers they have visited. They acknowledge that no clinic is perfect but remain hopeful about their experience. The staff is praised for their friendliness, attentiveness, and dedication to providing quality care. Overall, the treatment center is credited with saving lives and helping individuals achieve sobriety and a better quality of life.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are friendly, caring, and genuinely concerned about the well-being of their patients.
- The center has made improvements over the years and have become a better place for treatment compared to its past.
- The staff are helpful and accommodating, providing assistance to patients who are in a hurry or have other commitments, such as finding a job.
- The treatment has been effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction and regain control of their lives.
208 King St, Camden, SC 29020The center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews, with praise for the compassionate and dedicated staff members, especially Sharon and Mara. Clients appreciate the support and guidance they receive in overcoming addiction and other challenges. Some reviewers highlight the center's emphasis on client-centered therapy and positive thinking. However, one reviewer suggests that the center prioritizes profit over patient care, although multiple reviews counter this claim and emphasize the caring nature of the staff. Overall, the center is highly regarded for its effectiveness in helping individuals with addiction.
- The staff, particularly Sharon T., is described as kind, nonjudgmental, compassionate, and genuinely caring for each individual.
- The center emphasizes positive thinking and logical client-centered therapies, with the executive director, Mara Jones, taking time for individual therapy sessions.
- The counselors are described as caring, supportive, and genuinely interested in helping individuals with their recovery. They are willing to help with various issues, and if you don't have insurance, they offer free services.
Ascent Recovery Solutions
634 Fairview Rd Building i, Simpsonville, SC 29680Multiple reviewers express gratitude for the exceptional treatment they received at this Methadone treatment center, describing staff as welcoming, friendly, and caring. They appreciate the efficiency of the intake process and the cleanliness of the facility. Reviewers view this center as a refreshing and positive environment, and highly recommend it over other clinics, emphasizing the respectful and kind treatment they received. The private ownership and dedicated staff make this the preferred choice among reviewers.
- Exceptional customer service and personalized treatment: The reviewers consistently mention that they feel treated like family and have had amazing interactions with the staff. This suggests that the Methadone treatment center provides a welcoming and caring environment.
- Efficient and fast service: One reviewer mentions that their intake visit was smooth and quick, lasting only about an hour and a half. This positive feedback regarding the speed of service indicates that the center values its patients' time and strives to minimize waiting times.
- Respectful and kind treatment: Many reviewers express that they feel respected and treated with kindness at this clinic. This is a crucial aspect when seeking help for addiction, as supportive and understanding staff can greatly contribute to a positive recovery experience.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started