Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Rapid City, SD
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Rapid City for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 272 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Rapid City can cater to your needs.
Top 5 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Rapid City, SD
625 Flormann St, Rapid City, SD 57701The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the caring, supportive, and friendly staff members who are knowledgeable and understanding. Patients appreciate the non-judgmental environment where they are made to feel safe and important. The center is praised for its effective treatment and the impact it has on individuals' recovery journeys.
- Friendly and caring staff: The reviews consistently mention the staff's kindness, empathy, and non-judgmental attitude. They are described as supportive, understanding, and genuinely caring about the patients' well-being and recovery.
- Good communication and professionalism: Many reviewers appreciate the informative and helpful nature of the staff. The center is praised for its clear and understandable explanations, making patients feel important and listened to.
- Comprehensive program: The center is mentioned to have a wonderful program that helps individuals change their lives for the better. It is described as a supportive and compassionate environment that removes barriers to recovery and provides the necessary resources for individuals facing addiction challenges.
Addiction Recovery Centers Of The Black Hills
1520 Haines Ave #6, Rapid City, SD 57701The positive reviews highlight the effectiveness and dedication of the ARC addiction treatment center. Users appreciate the confidentiality, ongoing support, and recommendation of the facility. One reviewer also commends a staff member named Alf for his helpfulness. Overall, the positive reviews indicate a positive experience and recommend the center for addiction treatment.
- Confidentiality: Multiple reviewers appreciate the center for maintaining confidentiality and ensuring privacy for their clients.
- Perseverance: Reviewers mentioned that the center doesn't give up on patients, indicating a dedication to helping individuals with their addiction recovery process.
- Positive impact: One reviewer highly recommends the center, highlighting its effectiveness in providing assistance and support to those seeking help for substance abuse issues.
1807 Williams St, Sturgis, SD 57785The treatment center is praised for having a friendly staff and providing amazing treatment, with reviews calling it the best around. However, a negative experience is mentioned where the individual felt overwhelmed sitting in a crowded room during IOP meetings, listening to complaints from other individuals struggling with addiction. There is also mention of favoritism between the techs and clients.
- Friendly staff: Several reviews mention that the staff at this addiction treatment center are friendly, which can create a more supportive and welcoming environment for individuals seeking help.
- Amazing treatment center: One reviewer describes this center as the best around, suggesting that the quality of the treatment provided at this facility is highly regarded.
Oaye Luta Okolakiciye CDC
937 E North St Suite 401, Rapid City, SD 57701The organization of the addiction treatment center is welcoming and accepting of all visitors. One of their male mentors, Jake, is passionate about his work and took the time to explain the spiritual nature of the organization and their desire to heal the community. They also aim to preserve Native American culture and reconnect Indigenous Peoples with their ancestral spirituality.
- Welcoming and accepting atmosphere: The organization was praised for being welcoming and accepting of all visitors, creating a comfortable environment for individuals seeking help.
- Passionate and knowledgeable staff: A male mentor named Jake was specifically highlighted for his passion and the time he took to explain the spiritual nature of the organization. This suggests that the staff are passionate about their work and are knowledgeable in their field.
- Commitment to community healing and preservation of Native American culture: The organization was recognized for its desire to affect positive change in the community and preserve Native American culture. This indicates a holistic approach to healing and a focus on reconnecting individuals with their ancestral spirituality.
Native Healing Program
1205 E St James St, Rapid City, SD 57701The addiction treatment center has received consistently positive reviews from its former patients. Many praised the experienced and compassionate staff who provided excellent care and support throughout their recovery journey. The facility's comprehensive treatment programs and well-maintained facilities were also highlighted as contributors to the overall positive experience.
- Excellent staff: Many reviewers mention that the addiction treatment center has a dedicated and compassionate staff. They appreciate the professionalism and expertise of the staff members, who go above and beyond to provide support and guidance during their recovery journey.
- Comprehensive approach: Several reviews praise the addiction treatment center for its holistic and comprehensive approach to recovery. They highlight the variety of therapeutic modalities offered, including individual counseling, group therapy, and alternative therapies like art or music therapy. This approach allows clients to address the underlying factors contributing to their addiction and develop healthy coping mechanisms for the long term.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started