Methadone Treatment Centers Near Sioux Falls, SD
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1564 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Sioux Falls. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Sioux Falls, SD
Face It TOGETHER Sioux Falls
5020 S Tennis Ln #4, Sioux Falls, SD 57108Customers have consistently praised the coaches at the Methadone treatment center for their support, understanding, and non-judgmental approach. Many reviewers specifically mention the positive impact their coach, such as Terri Brown or Nick Pappas, has had on their recovery journey. Overall, reviewers highly recommend Face It Together for its helpfulness, support, and the positive changes it has brought to their lives.
- The coaches at this Methadone treatment center are described as phenomenal, supportive, knowledgeable, and understanding. They listen actively and provide nonjudgmental feedback, creating a safe and comfortable environment for patients.
- The coaches at this center have personal experience with addiction and have successfully overcome their own struggles, making them relatable and able to provide valuable insights and guidance.
- The center offers holistic support and addresses both addiction and overall health and wellness, giving patients the tools and resources they need to succeed in their recovery journey.
BAART Programs Sioux Falls
2519 W 8th St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104The reviewed Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its life-changing impact and the support provided by the staff. Patients appreciate the caring and attentive doctors, nurses, and counselors. The center is described as a place that feels like family and where accountability and serenity are fostered. Additionally, the center is commended for its cleanliness and the friendliness of its staff.
- Supportive and caring staff: The reviews highlight the caring and supportive nature of the staff, with mentions of the doctor, nurses, and counselors being described as amazing, sweet, and great people. This suggests that the center provides a compassionate environment for patients seeking treatment.
- Lifesaving support: One review specifically mentions that the clinic is crucial for the person's ability to live. This indicates that the treatment center plays a vital role in helping individuals struggling with addiction and provides the necessary support to improve their lives.
- Clean facility: One review mentions that the center is very clean, suggesting that the physical environment is well-maintained. A clean and hygienic facility can contribute to a positive and comfortable treatment experience.
Avera Addiction Care Center - Sioux Falls
6140 S Curae Ln, Sioux Falls, SD 57108The Methadone treatment center in question has overwhelmingly positive reviews. The facility is highly praised for its helpfulness in treating addiction and is considered one of the best in the country. The staff are described as compassionate, qualified, and caring, and the accommodations and amenities are compared to a 5-star hotel.
- Highly regarded as one of the best treatment centers in the nation, providing exceptional help with addiction.
- Offers a wide range of therapeutic help, including DBT and CBT, to equip individuals with valuable tools for successful reintegration into a sober life.
- Luxurious accommodations akin to a 5-star hotel, with private rooms, high-quality food, and compassionate staff who genuinely care about the residents.
Choices Recovery Services
622 S Minnesota Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for its welcoming atmosphere and understanding staff. The small group sessions allow for comfortable and relatable conversations, and even social events like pizza and movie nights. The center is commended for its individualized treatment programs, which take into account each person's unique needs and preferences, including various forms of therapy like exercise, yoga, music, and art. The staff is highly appreciated, and the overall environment is described as wonderful.
- Supportive and understanding staff: The people at this treatment center are described as cool and understanding, creating a comfortable and non-judgmental environment for patients in recovery.
- Individualized treatment programs: The center takes the time to work out individualized treatment programs, recognizing that each person's needs are unique. They offer a variety of therapy options, including exercise, yoga, music, and art, to help patients feel better about themselves and navigate the recovery process.
- Continued support: Patients are assured that the center will be there for them even after they complete the program, suggesting a commitment to long-term recovery success.
Keystone Treatment Center - Sioux Falls Outpatient Treatment
3800 S Kiwanis Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57105The reviewers express positive experiences with the Methadone treatment center. They mention a clean facility, good food, and a focus on communication and fighting addiction. Additionally, they appreciate the professional yet empathetic approach, the introduction of sober living with support and strength, and the friendly staff and enjoyable classes. Overall, the reviewers recommend the center and feel that the staff genuinely cares.
- Clean and well-maintained facility.
- Empathetic and professional staff.
- Focus on teaching effective communication and commitment to fighting addiction.
Keystone Treatment Center
1010 E 2nd St, Canton, SD 57013Overall, the reviews of the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and compassionate staff, including counselors, nurses, and techs. The program provides helpful tools for recovery, including 12-step teachings and Native American programs. However, there are some mentions of a few staff members who are less helpful and may treat patients poorly. The physical facilities could use some updating, but the program itself is highly regarded and has had a positive impact on many patients' lives.
- Polite and caring staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the majority of the staff, including counselors, techs, and nursing staff, were polite, compassionate, and caring towards their patients.
- Effective treatment program: Many reviewers expressed satisfaction with the treatment program at Keystone. They mentioned that the program helped them overcome their addiction, provided them with the tools for sobriety, and gave them hope and strength.
- Positive impact on clients' lives: Referring professionals and previous clients have reported that Keystone has successfully changed people's lives for the better. They have highlighted the positive feedback from clients and the transformational impact of the treatment program.
Arch Residential Treatment Center
516 W 12th St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104Overall, the Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as helpful and friendly, creating a positive atmosphere for treatment. Many patients feel that the center is a good place to start their journey towards recovery.
- Positive and Supportive Atmosphere: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this Methadone treatment center were respectful, friendly, and provided a positive atmosphere. This can be a crucial factor in making the transition towards recovery easier.
- Dedicated Staff: Some of the staff at this center were described as "awesome" and "amazing" by reviewers. Having dedicated and caring staff members can make a significant difference in the quality of treatment and support received.
- Opportunity for a Fresh Start: According to one reviewer, this center is a good place for a new beginning. This suggests that the center may have resources and programs in place to help individuals take the necessary steps towards recovery and building a better life.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started