Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Kingsport, TN
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Kingsport for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 267 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Kingsport can cater to your needs.
Top 12 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Kingsport, TN
Emmaus Medical and Counseling
1730 Old Gray Station Rd, Johnson City, TN 37615Positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the caring and understanding nature of the staff and doctors. Patients appreciate the personal attention they receive and the extra care provided by the center. The overall atmosphere of the facility is described as welcoming and supportive.
- The staff and doctors at this addiction treatment center are described as caring, understanding, and compassionate. They genuinely want to help their patients and provide the best care possible.
- Many reviewers mention that this treatment center goes above and beyond to provide extra care and support. They are willing to listen, accommodate, and make patients feel comfortable during their recovery journey.
- The atmosphere of the center is often described as welcoming and supportive. The staff treats everyone with respect and dignity, creating a calm and positive environment for individuals seeking treatment.
880 Boones Station Rd, Johnson City, TN 37615The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews for their caring staff and dedication to helping patients. Reviewers have expressed gratitude for the support they have received and feel like part of a family at the center. The staff is praised for taking the time to listen to patients and address their individual needs. Overall, the center is recommended for those seeking recovery from addiction.
- The staff is caring and dedicated to helping patients in their recovery journey.
- The doctors and staff take the time to listen to patients' issues and provide personalized care.
- Patients feel a sense of family and support at this treatment center.
ReVIDA Recovery Center
3114 Browns Mill Rd, Johnson City, TN 37604The addiction treatment center received positive reviews for their caring staff and doctors who are attentive, respectful, and treat patients with dignity. The facility was highly recommended for individuals serious about their recovery and was praised for creating a supportive and friendly environment. The doctors were specifically mentioned as being excellent and genuinely caring about the patients.
- Friendly and caring staff who go out of their way to help patients.
- Positive patient experiences with specific doctors, such as Dr. Tompson and Dr. Lewis, who are described as kind, compassionate, and trustworthy.
Comprehensive Community Services
6145 Temple Star Rd, Kingsport, TN 37660Overall, the positive reviews about the addiction treatment center mention friendly counselors, supportive staff, and delicious food. Some reviewers express gratitude for the program, stating that it helped them change their lives for the better and provided opportunities for personal growth. These positive reviews also mention the importance of personal effort and motivation in achieving recovery.
- The staff at this addiction treatment center are described as friendly and supportive by multiple reviewers.
- The food at this center is mentioned as being delicious and enjoyable by several individuals.
Frontier Health - Holston Counseling Center
1570 Waverly Rd, Kingsport, TN 37664The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the helpful and caring staff, the ease of finding the location and parking, and the overall positive experience of the patients. They mention the staff's professionalism, friendliness, and commitment to the well-being of their clients. Some reviews specifically commend individual counselors and doctors for their understanding and quality of care.
- The staff is described as friendly, caring, and professional.
- The location is easily accessible with ample parking.
- They are willing to work with people with low income and/or no insurance.
U Turn For Christ Tennessee
1160 Black Rd, Greeneville, TN 37743The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the following points: 1) The program has made a significant difference in the lives of individuals struggling with addiction. 2) The program provides a safe environment with structure and discipline, allowing participants to develop responsibility and learn about themselves. 3) The program focuses on building a relationship with God and offers biblical teachings to help individuals overcome addiction and transform their lives. 4) The program has volunteers who are dedicated to supporting the participants' recovery journey. 5) The program has helped rebuild families and restore lives. 6) The program is seen as a blessing and is highly recommended for those who are ready to make a change and get right with God.
- There are positive testimonials about the program's ability to help individuals overcome addiction and find lasting change through faith in God.
- Some reviewers highlight the structured environment and emphasis on biblical teaching as a positive aspect of the program.
- The program is commended for providing a safe space away from the temptations of the outside world, allowing individuals to focus on their recovery and personal growth.
Medical Care Clinic
3170 Linden Dr # 6, Bristol, VA 24202The staff at the addiction treatment center is highly praised for their caring and supportive approach, with reviewers noting that they go above and beyond to help in various situations. Many patients express their love and admiration for the staff and doctors, emphasizing their professionalism and understanding. The positive impact of the center on patients' lives is highlighted, with reviewers crediting the staff for their support, remembering individual situations, and encouraging personal growth.
- The staff at this addiction treatment center is described as wonderful, caring, and going above and beyond to help patients in any situation.
- The doctors, nurses, and staff are highly rated and considered very nice and professional.
- The center is praised for being understanding and patient, and for changing lives drastically.
ReVIDA Recovery Center
198 Ross Carter Blvd, Duffield, VA 24244The addiction treatment center has a caring and professional team who go above and beyond to help their clients. The staff is knowledgeable, informative, compassionate, and non-judgmental, providing a positive learning experience for those seeking recovery. The doctors are highly regarded, although there may be some wait times. Overall, the center is recommended for those looking to get their lives back on track.
- The staff at this addiction treatment center is described as caring, informative, and genuinely compassionate. They go out of their way to provide help and support to their clients.
- The atmosphere is highly praised by reviewers, with a welcoming and supportive environment for those seeking recovery from substance abuse.
- The doctors at this center are highly regarded for their expertise in addiction treatment.
Frontier Health - Scott County Behavioral Health Services
1006 U.S. Highway 23 North, Weber City, VA 24290The addiction treatment center receives consistently positive reviews. Clients mention that the staff is friendly, helpful, and truly cares about their wellbeing. They appreciate the non-judgmental environment and felt comfortable reaching out to their case managers for support. The facility is also praised for providing excellent service and helping individuals make progress in their recovery journey.
- Staff are caring and supportive, never making clients feel judged.
- Front desk staff are kind and helpful, providing excellent service.
- The facility is child-friendly and accommodating, going above and beyond to assist clients.
Groups Recover Together
935 Wilcox Ct # 155, Kingsport, TN 37660There are positive reviews about an addiction treatment center stating that they offer virtual weekly meetings, which allows individuals to share their experiences without being in a room with strangers. The counselor at the center, Elizabeth Dahl, is praised for being relaxed and skillful in facilitating group meetings. The staff is described as kind, understanding, and genuinely caring about the patients' recovery.
- Virtual meetings: The center offers virtual meetings, providing convenience and privacy for those who prefer not to participate in face-to-face group sessions.
- Empathetic counselors: The counselors, particularly Elizabeth Dahl, are praised for their ability to create a relaxed and supportive environment, helping group members feel comfortable and engaged in the recovery process.
- Flexibility and inclusivity: The center is commended for accommodating busy schedules and working with insurance providers, as well as creating a family-style counseling group where individuals feel heard and included. This approach is seen as effective and successful in promoting recovery.
203 Gray Commons Cir suite 110, Johnson City, TN 37615The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews for having a dedicated and caring staff, including great nurses and counselors. The clinic is known for its strict approach, which many people find beneficial. They offer methadone and Suboxone as treatment options, with the maximum methadone dosage being 120mg according to state regulations. Overall, the center comes highly recommended.
- Offers both methadone and Suboxone as treatment options.
- Staff includes great nurses and counselors.
- Has a strict clinic which may be beneficial for individuals in need of structure and accountability.
Emmaus Medical and Counseling
2834 US-23, Weber City, VA 24290The addiction treatment center receives praise for its wonderful clinic and caring staff who have a heart for the community. Reviewers mention that the staff is efficient in getting patients in and out quickly, and they appreciate that the center accepts insurance.
- Caring and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention the center's caring staff, indicating that they are dedicated to helping individuals on their recovery journey.
- Accessibility and efficiency: One review mentions that the center got them in and out quickly, suggesting that the facility provides prompt services. Another review states that the center accepts insurance, indicating that they prioritize accessibility and affordability.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started