Methadone Treatment Centers Near Bluff City, TN
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2470 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Bluff City. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Bluff City, TN
DRAGONFLY Medical and Behavioral Health
102 N Broadway St, Johnson City, TN 37601The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff, including the doctors and nurses, are described as caring, understanding, and professional. Patients feel that they are truly supported in their recovery journey and appreciate the personalized treatment they receive. Several reviewers mention the convenience of telehealth appointments and the affordability of the clinic. Overall, this clinic is highly recommended for anyone seeking effective and compassionate treatment for opioid addiction.
- The staff is extremely caring and understanding, providing support throughout the recovery process. They are attentive and genuinely care about the well-being of their patients.
- The doctors are highly skilled and prioritize the needs of their patients. Treatment plans are tailored to each individual's specific needs as a recovering addict.
- The facility is clean, and the staff is professional and friendly. Patients appreciate the non-judgmental atmosphere and feel comfortable discussing their concerns and issues with the staff.
Doctors Assisted Wellness - Johnson City
2406 Susannah St, Johnson City, TN 37601The Methadone treatment center, Doctors Assisted Wellness, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as caring, respectful, and supportive, with a genuine concern for their patients' well-being. The doctors are praised for their knowledge and willingness to listen to patients' needs and concerns. Overall, patients credit the center with saving their lives and providing them with the tools and support necessary for successful recovery.
- The staff at Doctors Assisted Wellness is caring, compassionate, and understanding. They create a safe and non-judgmental environment for their patients, which fosters open and honest communication.
- The doctors and staff go above and beyond to ensure that patients receive the best possible care. They are professional, knowledgeable, and dedicated to the well-being of their patients.
- The center has been described as a lifesaver and has helped many individuals recover from addiction. The doctors and staff are highly recommended and considered to be the best in the business.
ReVIDA Recovery Center
3114 Browns Mill Rd, Johnson City, TN 37604The Methadone treatment center has received highly positive reviews from patients who feel cared for and supported by the staff, particularly the doctors. The center is praised for its friendly and understanding atmosphere, and the doctors are commended for their compassion and ability to build strong relationships with patients. It is highly recommended for those serious about their recovery. A few reviews mention recent changes under new ownership, which have been well-received. However, one review mentions a lack of notification regarding a past due bill. Overall, the center is described as a great place for recovery with a dependable and caring staff.
- Highly caring and understanding staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are friendly, understanding, and genuinely care about the patients' recovery.
- Compassionate and supportive doctors: Reviews highlight specific doctors who are described as amazing, kind, compassionate, and easy to open up to. Patients feel that the doctors treat them well and do not judge them.
- Positive changes and improvements: Patients mention that the center has undergone positive changes and improvements since new ownership, creating a supportive and caring environment for recovery.
Appalachian Recovery Care, PLLC
2726 W State St, Bristol, TN 37620The Methadone treatment center is highly recommended by the reviewers, who praise the caring and friendly staff, particularly Dr. Fernando and Dr. B. Patients feel welcomed, unjudged, and comfortable discussing their recovery. The staff is described as professional, friendly, and knowledgeable, making the center stand out compared to other places. Overall, it is regarded as the best clinic in the area.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff, including the doctors, were friendly, caring, and took the time to get to know their patients.
- Non-judgmental atmosphere: Several reviews highlighted that they felt welcomed and unjudged at this treatment center, which is important for individuals struggling with addiction.
- Effective treatment: Patients mentioned that the treatment provided by the doctors and staff was effective in helping them with their addiction, and that they were willing to go to great lengths to help their patients.
High Point Clinic
203 High Point Dr, Johnson City, TN 37601The majority of reviewers have positive experiences with this Methadone treatment center. They appreciate the supportive staff who provide various resources and tools to help patients succeed in their recovery. However, some reviewers mention strict policies regarding punctuality, and one reviewer had a negative experience with a specific staff member. Overall, the center is praised for saving lives and being a helpful resource for opioid addiction treatment.
- Provides a comprehensive treatment team: The center has a team consisting of a doctor, therapist, counselor, and case worker who are there to provide support and help patients succeed in their recovery journey.
- Supportive and caring environment: The center offers a safe and loving space for patients to become and stay sober. They extend a helping hand and provide extra support if a patient happens to relapse. The staff is described as kind and friendly.
- Strict on appointment time: The center values accountability and reliability, ensuring that patients are punctual for their appointments. This helps maintain a tight schedule and respects the time of other patients.
28 Midway St, Bristol, TN 37620First Step, a Methadone treatment center, is highly praised for the dedicated and caring staff members who go above and beyond to support patients on their recovery journeys. Dr. Wilson and Dr. Morgan are specifically highlighted as outstanding doctors with expertise and kindness. The entire staff is commended for their listening skills and willingness to do anything for their patients.
- The doctors and staff at First Step are highly praised for their dedication and willingness to go above and beyond to help patients on their journey to recovery.
- The program has experienced significant positive changes since the arrival of Jennifer, Angie, and Miss Janey, who are described as the backbone and the heart of the program.
- Dr. Wilson and Dr. Morgan are highly regarded physicians who are known for their kindness, understanding, and expertise in treating opioid addiction with Methadone.
Pathway Medical Group
2124 Volunteer Pkwy, Bristol, TN 37620This Methadone treatment center is highly recommended by reviewers who found it to be clean and effective in helping them recover from opioid addiction. The staff is described as supportive and willing to assist in any way possible.
- Clean and well-maintained facility
- Comprehensive and supportive approach to treatment
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started