Methadone Treatment Centers Near Columbia, TN
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2686 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Columbia. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Columbia, TN
Nashville Recovery (Suboxone Clinic)
5722 Hickory Plz STE C3, Nashville, TN 37211The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Many reviewers appreciate the caring and friendly staff, who make them feel comfortable and supported. The doctors and therapists are highly praised for their empathy and understanding, and the clinic is seen as a place that genuinely cares about the recovery and well-being of its patients.
- The staff and doctors at the Nashville Recovery Clinic are caring, attentive, and understanding. They go above and beyond to make patients feel safe, comfortable, and heard.
- The clinic provides a welcoming and supportive environment for individuals seeking help with opioid addiction. Patients feel like they belong and are supported throughout their recovery journey.
- The clinic offers a comprehensive approach to treatment, with a team of knowledgeable therapists, doctors, and staff who are dedicated to helping patients overcome their addiction and address underlying issues. They provide services and support to help individuals cope with various challenges and improve their overall well-being.
Star Nowicki Suboxone Clinic (Open Mon-Sun 8am to 7pm by appointment only)
5226 Main St D4, Spring Hill, TN 37174The methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Many patients express gratitude for the understanding and effective treatment provided by the doctors and staff. The clinic is praised for its friendly and caring environment, convenient location, and the personalized attention given to each patient.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers mention that the staff at this center is friendly, caring, and goes above and beyond to help their patients.
- Convenient location: The center is conveniently located and close to home for some reviewers, making it easy for them to access the treatment they need.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at this center are praised for their expertise in addiction treatment and their genuine concern for the mental health and recovery of their patients.
Everwell, LLC (Suboxone Clinic)
2464 Old Fort Pkwy, Murfreesboro, TN 37128This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Many reviewers mentioned that the staff made them feel like family and provided excellent care. The doctors, nurses, and administrative staff were praised for their understanding, attentiveness, and willingness to go above and beyond to help patients. Some reviewers also highlighted the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the clinic. However, a few reviewers mentioned that it can be difficult to reach someone over the phone and that the program is a bit more expensive than other places. Overall, this center seems to be highly recommended for its compassionate and effective treatment of opioid addiction.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Many reviewers mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are amazing, kind, and treat patients like family. They are described as understanding, attentive, and going above and beyond to help patients in any way they can.
- A welcoming and family-like atmosphere: Multiple reviews emphasize the welcoming and comfortable environment at this treatment center. Patients feel like they are walking into a family member's home, and the center is described as filled with laughter. This creates a supportive and positive atmosphere for recovery.
- Effective treatment and understanding of addiction: Reviewers appreciate that the center understands addiction and the challenges patients face. They mention that the treatment program, particularly the Suboxone program, is effective in helping them on their path to recovery. The staff takes the time to listen, meet individual needs, and show respect to patients.
1512 Hatcher Ln, Columbia, TN 38401Based on the reviews, the Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its supportive and caring staff. Patients feel welcomed and comfortable at the center, and consider it a second family. The doctors, therapists, and office staff are all commended for their genuine care and dedication to recovery. While there was one negative comment about a staff member, overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- The staff at Cedar Recovery is described as caring, genuine, respectful, and supportive. Patients feel that they are treated with compassion and receive the encouragement they need for their recovery journey.
- The center is commended for the welcoming and non-judgmental atmosphere. Patients feel accepted and comfortable without fear of being judged for their addiction.
- Many reviewers highlight the positive experiences with the doctors, therapists, and office staff at Cedar Recovery. They appreciate the personalized care and attention received from the professionals involved in their treatment.
Lewisburg Recovery Center, LLC (Suboxone Clinic)
1149 Nashville Hwy, Lewisburg, TN 37091The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Clients praise the staff for being kind, non-judgmental, caring, and supportive in their recovery journey. The center is commended for providing personalized treatment plans and a strong support system. Many reviewers recommend this clinic as the best option for those seeking help with addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as kind, caring, and non-judgmental. They provide emotional support and hold patients accountable, helping them achieve a better life and sobriety.
- The center is highly recommended by multiple reviewers who state that they wouldn't go anywhere else. They appreciate the personalized care and support provided by the staff, who treat them with respect and genuinely care about their recovery journey.
- The clinic is praised for its friendly and professional staff, including the doctor and therapist. Patients feel cared for and valued, and the center is described as a place of hope and support in their fight against addiction.
Behavioral Health Group - Nashville
2410 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37203The Methadone treatment center has helpful and caring staff who are dedicated to their patients' success. The counselors provide understanding and non-judgmental support, creating a safe environment for recovery. The center may have a high patient count, leading to longer wait times, but they strive to keep the process smooth and efficient.
- The staff and counselors at this Methadone treatment center are compassionate, caring, and understanding. They genuinely care about the patients' journeys and want them to succeed in their recovery.
- The clinic seems to efficiently run, with easy and smooth transitions for patients. The intake process was quick, and overall, the facility is clean and affordable.
- The clinic offers resources to help patients with various needs, from medical to housing, making it a great place to find support and connections in the area.
AppleGate Recovery Nashville
446 Metroplex Dr Suite A-200, Nashville, TN 37211The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the professional and compassionate staff, including Dr. Limbaugh, for designing personalized programs and treating them with respect. Many reviewers credit the center for saving their lives and helping them become productive members of society. The staff is described as helpful, kind, and caring, offering practical resources, therapy, counseling, and a calm atmosphere. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- The team is professional, compassionate, and informative.
- The staff is respectful, kind, and attentive, making patients feel comfortable and supported.
- The doctors and counselors genuinely care about the well-being of their patients and provide personalized treatment plans.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started