Methadone Treatment Centers Near Cookeville, TN
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3236 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Cookeville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Cookeville, TN
Volunteer Comprehensive Treatment Center
2347 Rossville Blvd, Chattanooga, TN 37408Overall, the majority of the reviews express gratitude and satisfaction with the Methadone treatment center. Many reviewers credit the program with saving their lives and helping them overcome opioid addiction. The counselors and nurses receive positive mentions for being understanding and supportive. However, a couple of reviewers mention long wait times as a drawback.
- This treatment center has saved lives and provided a lifeline for individuals struggling with opioid addiction.
- The staff, including counselors and nurses, are described as caring, helpful, and understanding.
- The program has helped people regain control of their lives and improve their overall well-being.
Nashville Recovery (Suboxone Clinic)
5722 Hickory Plz STE C3, Nashville, TN 37211The Nashville Recovery Clinic is highly praised by many reviewers who have found the staff to be caring, understanding, and supportive. The doctors and therapists are commended for their ability to make patients feel comfortable and heard, while the front desk receptionists are friendly and welcoming. The clinic is described as a great place for recovery, with a professional and empathetic team that goes above and beyond to assist patients in their journey towards sobriety.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is described as caring, attentive, and understanding. They go above and beyond to make patients feel safe, comfortable, and welcomed.
- The doctors and therapists at this center are highly recommended for their professionalism, knowledge, and genuine care for patients. They take the time to listen, understand patients' situations, and provide personalized treatment plans to help them on their recovery journey.
- This center offers a supportive and positive environment for individuals seeking recovery from opioid addiction. Patients appreciate the non-judgmental approach of the staff and their willingness to help with various issues beyond just addiction.
Behavioral Health Group - Nashville
2410 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37203The Methadone treatment center has been praised for having a caring and helpful staff, especially the doctor and counselors. Many reviewers appreciated the smooth running of the center and the lack of judgment they experienced. Despite some concerns about staff turnover and cleanliness, overall, the center is seen as a lifeline for those struggling with addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are caring and understanding, making patients feel welcome and supported throughout their recovery journey.
- The center provides a safe and effective treatment option for opioid addiction, helping patients learn a new way of life and providing resources for recovery.
- Despite high patient numbers, the staff at this center work hard to accommodate everyone, and counselors are highly praised for their compassionate approach and individualized care.
Behavioral Health Group - Knoxville Citico
412 Citico St, Knoxville, TN 37921The majority of the reviews express gratitude towards the Methadone treatment center, emphasizing that it helped them turn their lives around and regain control. The staff is generally praised for their helpfulness and supportive attitude, though some negative encounters with nurses are mentioned. The treatment is described as pricey, but effective in providing a path to a normal, drug-free life.
- The program is effective in helping patients achieve long-term sobriety and recovery from opioid addiction.
- Patients experience a significant improvement in their quality of life and are able to regain control and stability. The treatment allows them to make plans for the future and live a normal life again.
- The staff is polite, caring, and treats patients like family. They provide hope, care, and passion, going above and beyond to help patients on their recovery journey.
Behavioral Health Group - Knoxville Bernard
626 Bernard Ave, Knoxville, TN 37921This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff is commended for going above and beyond to accommodate guests and providing a non-judgmental and caring environment. Patients credit the center for helping them get their lives back, with some claiming it saved their lives. The facility is described as clean, professional, and life-changing.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as caring, friendly, and professional. Patients appreciate the non-judgmental and supportive environment provided by the staff.
- Clean and efficient: The center is consistently praised for its cleanliness and efficiency. Patients mention that they are in and out of the clinic quickly, with some even noting that they can complete their visit in just five minutes.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers credit this treatment center with helping them turn their lives around and achieve sobriety. Several patients express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their lives, acknowledging that it saved them or helped them regain their normal lives.
Everwell, LLC (Suboxone Clinic)
2464 Old Fort Pkwy, Murfreesboro, TN 37128The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as amazing, understanding, and treating patients like family. The doctors, nurses, and office manager are singled out for their excellent care and support. The center is commended for its effective treatment program and for helping patients recover and rebuild their lives. The only mentioned concern is difficulty reaching someone by phone, but overall, the reviews highly recommend this center for those battling opioid addiction.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being amazing, treating patients like family, and providing excellent care and support. This indicates a positive and supportive environment for patients.
- Experienced and knowledgeable doctors: Dr. Uhl and Dr. Gil are highlighted in the reviews as highly skilled and understanding doctors who go above and beyond to help patients in their recovery journey.
- Respectful and nonjudgmental treatment: Several reviews mention that the clinic and its employees do not treat patients like "junkies" and instead show respect, understanding, and compassion towards individuals battling addiction.
5870 TN-153 #122, Hixson, TN 37343Renu, a Methadone treatment center, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and respectful staff, passionate doctors, and welcoming atmosphere. Many highlight that Renu has helped them save their lives and play a major role in their recovery from opioid addiction. Patients also mention the quick and friendly service provided by the clinic. Overall, Renu is highly recommended for its outstanding service and dedication to patient care.
- Friendly and caring staff who listen attentively without judgment.
- Doctors and staff are passionate about helping patients and getting their lives back on track.
- The clinic has saved lives and is highly recommended by patients.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started