Methadone Treatment Centers Near Memphis, TN
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1160 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Memphis. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Memphis, TN
Behavioral Health Group - Memphis Midtown
1734 Madison Ave, Memphis, TN 38104The majority of the reviews are positive, with many highlighting the caring and supportive staff at the Methadone treatment center. Some reviews mention the older facility and the need to wait to see the doctor, but most see this as a positive because the doctor takes their time with each patient. Privacy and individualized treatment plans are emphasized, with one review even mentioning having the counselor's phone number for additional support. There is also a mention of communication issues regarding payments and scheduling, which had a negative impact on one person's experience. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for its caring staff, accommodating approach, and effectiveness in helping individuals overcome addiction.
- The facility provides Methadone treatment and has helped individuals achieve sobriety.
- The privacy during dosing and the availability of counselors offer a comfortable and supportive environment for patients.
- The staff are friendly, caring, and accommodating, which contributes to a positive experience for patients.
BHG Memphis North Treatment Center
2165 Spicer Cove #5, Memphis, TN 38134The Methadone treatment center in Memphis has received positive reviews regarding its friendly and patient staff, clean facility, and short wait times. Some reviewers expressed appreciation for the effectiveness of the treatment and mentioned their satisfaction with the service.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Clean and well-maintained facility
- Quick and efficient service, with minimal wait times
Shelby Oaks Recovery Clinic
1688 N Shelby Oaks Dr, Memphis, TN 38134Patients consistently praise Dr. Chin and the staff at this Methadone treatment center for their kindness, non-judgmental attitude, and professionalism. They appreciate the welcoming receptionist, affordable prices, and the fact that appointments can be done over the phone in case of illness or work conflicts. The clinic creates a relaxed and nonchalant atmosphere, treating patients with respect and making them feel like a person rather than an addict. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The doctors at this clinic, particularly Dr. Chin, are highly skilled, non-judgmental, and caring.
- The receptionist and office staff are friendly, welcoming, and helpful.
- The clinic provides a relaxed and nonchalant atmosphere, treating patients with respect and making them feel like a normal doctor's appointment.
219 N Montgomery St, Memphis, TN 38104MRC is a dedicated and highly regarded Methadone treatment center in the Mid South that is known for changing lives and providing excellent care. They offer free services, including food and accommodation, making it an accessible option for those in need. Patients praised the center for helping them overcome addiction, become better individuals, and learn to lead a drug-free life through personalized and family-focused treatment.
- Dedicated to addressing addiction: The center is praised for their commitment to tackling the addiction epidemic in the community.
- Expert care and life-saving results: Multiple reviews mention that the center has helped individuals overcome addiction and turn their lives around, highlighting the expertise of the staff and the positive outcomes.
- Free rehabilitation: One review emphasizes that the center provides free rehabilitation services, including free food and accommodation. This can be a significant advantage for individuals who may not have the financial means for paid treatment options.
920 Estate Dr # 8, Memphis, TN 38119Spero Health, a Methadone treatment center, has received highly positive reviews from patients. The doctors, staff, and therapists are mentioned as friendly, helpful, and understanding. Patients appreciate the supportive environment, lack of judgment, and individualized care they receive at the clinic.
- Friendly and helpful doctors, staff, and therapists.
- Supportive and understanding staff who don't pass judgment.
- Effective treatment with Methadone, helping patients overcome addiction and improve their lives.
- Accommodating and flexible with appointments and counseling sessions.
- Genuinely caring and supportive staff who go above and beyond to help patients in their recovery journey.
- No judgment zone and a non-judgmental approach to treatment.
- Knowledgeable and understanding doctors who listen to their patients' needs and concerns.
- Accommodating and supportive of patients with health issues in addition to addiction.
- Compassionate doctors who go beyond their duties to support and care for their patients.
PAX Memphis Recovery Center | Drug & Alcohol Rehab
4918 William Arnold Rd, Memphis, TN 38117PAX Memphis is a highly recommended Methadone treatment center in Memphis, with compassionate and knowledgeable staff who go above and beyond to meet the needs of their patients. The center provides a safe and comfortable environment, helping patients integrate into society and learn to live a sober life. The staff is described as caring, understanding, and dedicated to their clients' recovery.
- Caring and compassionate staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at PAX Memphis being caring, compassionate, and going above and beyond to help patients. They are highly knowledgeable about addiction and recovery, providing individualized attention and support.
- Supportive housing: The housing provided by PAX Memphis is described as comfortable and conducive to recovery. Recovering addicts appreciate the level of care, support, and supervision they receive in these homes.
- Tough love approach: PAX Memphis is praised for its tough love approach, providing strict rules and accountability, which is beneficial for some individuals. The director of housing is particularly mentioned for ensuring that patients have everything they need and can focus on their recovery.
Serenity Recovery Centers
1094 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38105The majority of the reviews are highly positive, praising the facility and its staff for providing much-needed help and support to individuals struggling with addiction. Some reviewers who have experienced recovery themselves appreciate the tough love approach taken by the center. The overall sentiment is that the center has had a positive impact on the reviewers' lives and they are grateful for the services provided.
- The facility takes in individuals with addiction issues who may not have the resources to get the help they need, providing them with a second chance at life and offering blessings to the community.
- The staff at Serenity Recovery Center are described as extremely helpful, supportive, and dedicated to serving others, making a positive impact on the lives of those seeking treatment.
Behavioral Health Group - Memphis South
4539 Winchester Rd # B, Memphis, TN 38118Reviewers have praised the Methadone treatment center for its affordability and safety, stating that it helps patients save money and avoid dangerous situations associated with buying drugs on the street. The staff is described as caring, understanding, and respectful, with some reviewers stating that they have seen positive changes in their lives, such as finding employment and reuniting with family. Overall, the center is highly recommended for individuals seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The clinic provides a safe and controlled environment, helping patients avoid dangerous situations with drug dealers.
- The program offers cost-saving benefits and allows patients to earn take-home doses once they prove they can manage their medication, leading to increased convenience.
- The staff at the clinic is praised for their respect, care, and understanding towards patients, creating a supportive environment.
Memphis Comprehensive Treatment Center
3000 Getwell Rd, Memphis, TN 38118This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews, with multiple reviewers expressing gratitude for the caring, supportive and professional staff. Many reviewers mentioned that their lives have been positively transformed as a result of their treatment at this center. The overall sentiment is highly recommending this facility for anyone seeking assistance with opioid addiction.
- Staff members are warm, caring, and professional.
- The clinic provides a supportive, non-judgmental environment for patients seeking treatment.
- The process is fast and easy, with helpful and informative staff.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started