Methadone Treatment Centers Near Nashville, TN
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 4981 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Nashville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 6 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Nashville, TN
Nashville Recovery (Suboxone Clinic)
5722 Hickory Plz STE C3, Nashville, TN 37211Customers have generally positive things to say about the Methadone treatment center. They appreciate the caring and friendly staff who are knowledgeable in addiction recovery. The doctors and therapists are described as understanding and non-judgmental, making patients feel comfortable and supported. The clinic is also commended for being affordable and having a welcoming atmosphere.
- Friendly and Caring Staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and caring staff at the Methadone treatment center. They make patients feel welcome and comfortable, providing support and understanding throughout the recovery process.
- Knowledgeable and Professional Doctors: The doctors at the center are highly praised for their knowledge and professionalism. Patients appreciate that the doctors take the time to listen, understand their individual situations, and provide personalized care.
- Supportive Environment: The clinic is described as providing a supportive and non-judgmental environment. Patients feel comfortable and safe when seeking treatment at the center, and they appreciate the empathy and understanding they receive from the staff and therapists.
Nashville Addiction Clinic
5515 Edmondson Pike UNIT 118, Nashville, TN 37211The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients feel respected, cared for, and treated like family. The staff is described as friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. The clinic is highly recommended for its welcoming environment, understanding staff, and effective treatment.
- Excellent and professional staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly, caring, and non-judgmental nature of the clinic staff, including the receptionists, nurses, therapists, and doctors. Patients feel respected, comfortable, and welcomed when visiting the clinic.
- Comprehensive and effective treatment: Several reviews mention that the clinic provides a high level of care and support for patients struggling with opioid addiction. The doctors are knowledgeable and take the time to explain treatment options thoroughly, ensuring that patients feel comfortable and confident in their recovery journey.
- Family-like atmosphere: Many reviewers express gratitude for the warm and inviting environment at the clinic. The staff members are described as supportive and treating patients like family. The clinic's atmosphere makes it easier for patients to open up during counseling sessions and address their addiction-related challenges.
Behavioral Health Group - Nashville
2410 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37203Patients had positive experiences at this Methadone treatment center. They praised the doctors for thorough care and the staff for being understanding and compassionate. The center is described as clean and affordable. Many reviewers felt that the center genuinely cares about their journey to recovery and provides a supportive environment. There were some mentions of long wait times and staff turnover, but overall, the center was seen as helpful and effective in treating opioid addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center genuinely cares about their patients and makes them feel welcome and supported throughout their recovery journey.
- The counselors at this center are compassionate and understanding, creating a safe space where patients can openly discuss their struggles without fear of judgment.
- Despite a high patient count and limited staff, this center does its best to provide quality care and support, making it a reliable option for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
ABC Health Clinic
2617 Grandview Ave STE 100, Nashville, TN 37211The majority of the reviews for ABC health clinic, a Methadone treatment center, are extremely positive. Patients express satisfaction with the care and service they received from the staff, and particularly praise Dr. James Leach for his understanding and caring approach. The staff is described as helpful, respectful, and non-judgmental, making patients feel comfortable and supported in their recovery journey. However, there is one negative review mentioning a bad experience with a doctor who is no longer at the clinic, but the issue was resolved by the office manager. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for its affordable prices, compassionate staff, and successful results in helping patients achieve a better life free from addiction.
- The staff at ABC Health Clinic is highly praised for their caring and respectful approach. Patients appreciate that they are treated like human beings and made to feel comfortable.
- Many reviewers mention that the doctors at ABC Health Clinic listen attentively to their patients and make adjustments accordingly. They are seen as willing to go above and beyond to ensure the best care and recovery for their patients.
- The clinic is known for its minimal wait times and efficient service. Patients appreciate that they are not made to wait excessively and that the clinic is understanding if they arrive late for their appointments. This helps to reduce the risk of relapse.
The Next Door
402 22nd Ave N, Nashville, TN 37203The Next Door Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff is highly praised for their caring and supportive attitude, with specific mentions of nurses and counselors who are described as wonderful, caring, and overprotective. The program is said to provide structure and rules for a successful recovery, with many reviewers crediting the center with saving their lives and helping them find themselves again. There are some mentions of past negative experiences, such as difficulty contacting family members and encountering mean or rude peers, but these instances are described as rare or have been resolved with staff changes. The faith-based aspect of the program is also mentioned positively by a few reviewers. Overall, the Next Door is recommended as an excellent choice for those seeking recovery from opioid addiction.
- The staff truly cares about their clients and their future, providing support and encouragement throughout the recovery journey.
- The center offers a structured program and provides ample resources for aftercare, helping clients maintain sobriety and create a new life.
- The facility has a caring and compassionate staff who go above and beyond to help individuals in recovery.
Southeast Addiction Center - Nashville Drug & Alcohol Rehab Center
3507 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37209The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is described as friendly, caring, and understanding, and the living accommodations are said to be top-notch. Clients appreciate the support and guidance they receive in their recovery journey and attribute their success to the program. Many reviewers mention specific staff members who made a significant impact on their experience and express gratitude for the life-changing opportunity provided by the center.
- Friendly and understanding staff who make the stay extremely comfortable.
- Clean, healthy, and caring treatment center with structured housing and outings to build team working skills.
- Life-changing experience with a supportive team that guides and helps clients on their journey to recovery.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started