Methadone Treatment Centers Near Smyrna, TN
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2652 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Smyrna. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Smyrna, TN
Nashville Recovery (Suboxone Clinic)
5722 Hickory Plz STE C3, Nashville, TN 37211The Nashville Recovery Clinic is highly praised by reviewers who appreciate the caring and supportive staff. They mention that the doctors and therapists are understanding and take the time to listen to their patients. The clinic is described as a safe and comfortable environment for recovery, with many reviewers recommending it to others.
- Topnotch staff: Many reviewers praised the clinic for having a caring and friendly staff who truly wants to help addicts.
- Welcoming and nonjudgmental environment: Reviewers appreciated the clinic's welcoming atmosphere, where they felt comfortable and not judged for their past. Several reviewers mentioned that the doctors and therapists took the time to understand their situation and treated them with respect.
- Empathetic and understanding: The clinic's staff, including the doctors and therapists, were described as empathetic and understanding, with a deep understanding of addiction and the struggles associated with it. They were praised for going above and beyond to support patients' needs.
301 Wolverine Trail Suite 200, Smyrna, TN 37167The staff at the Smyrna office of Spero Health is highly praised for their compassion, professionalism, and dedication to patient care. However, there are some concerns about billing issues that need to be addressed. Overall, the clinic is commended for its welcoming atmosphere and the positive impact it has had on patients' lives.
- The staff at the Smyrna office is described as amazing, compassionate, and caring. They make each individual feel valued and supported in their recovery journey.
- The billing department promptly resolves issues and shows professionalism in handling financial matters.
- The clinic provides a welcoming and supportive environment for patients, with staff who treat them like family and provide resources for successful recovery.
AppleGate Recovery Nashville
446 Metroplex Dr Suite A-200, Nashville, TN 37211The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is described as professional, compassionate, and respectful, treating patients with dignity and providing personalized care. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them on the path to recovery. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed, with practical resources and counseling available.
- Professional and compassionate staff who treat patients with dignity and kindness
- Tailored treatment programs that cater to individual needs
- Positive and caring atmosphere with a focus on patient recovery and well-being
Everwell, LLC (Suboxone Clinic)
2464 Old Fort Pkwy, Murfreesboro, TN 37128This Methadone treatment center is highly recommended by multiple reviewers, who describe it as a place that feels like family and where the staff are caring and understanding. Dr. Uhl is mentioned as an excellent doctor who goes above and beyond to help patients. The staff, including Sam and Donna, are also praised for their dedication and support. However, there are some minor drawbacks mentioned, such as difficulty reaching someone on the phone and slightly higher costs compared to other places. Overall, it is seen as a well-run facility that has helped many people in their recovery journey.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are friendly, caring, and make patients feel like part of a family.
- Excellent doctor: One review specifically praises Dr. Uhl for being understanding, attentive, and going above and beyond to help patients on their recovery journey.
- Respectful and non-judgmental environment: Several reviews mention that the clinic treats patients with respect and understanding, creating a safe space for individuals battling addiction.
Doctors Assisted Wellness - Dr Michael Tino, MD, DABAM, LLC
517 Enon Springs Rd E, Smyrna, TN 37167The Methadone treatment center has received extremely positive reviews from customers. The staff is described as personable, kind, and non-judgmental, providing both professional and personal support throughout the recovery journey. Reviewers emphasize the clinic's effectiveness in helping them get their lives back on track and praise the staff's experience and expertise. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for those seeking opioid addiction treatment.
- The staff is personable, kind, and non-judgmental, creating a welcoming and supportive environment for patients.
- The clinic is committed to helping patients stay on track and providing personalized care, checking in on them during tough times.
- The staff is described as friendly, quick to respond, and having a genuine and consistent approach to helping patients on their path to recovery.
Hermitage Comprehensive Treatment Center
589 Stewarts Ferry Pike, Hermitage, TN 37214This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the friendly and caring staff, the short wait times, and the cleanliness of the facility. The only area for improvement mentioned is the opening time, as the staff tends to arrive slightly late. Overall, patients feel supported, cared for, and positive about their experience at this facility.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center is incredibly kind, supportive, and treats patients like real human beings. They create a non-judgmental and welcoming environment for patients.
- Efficient and quick service: Reviews highlight that this center has a fast-paced process with minimal wait times. Patients are able to get in and out quickly, sometimes even within a few minutes. This is a significant improvement compared to other clinics where patients had to wait in long lines before being dosed.
- Clean and professional facility: The center is described as clean and well-maintained, creating a hygienic environment for patients. The professionalism of the facility contributes to a positive treatment experience.
Shyam A. Jha, MD
528 N University St, Murfreesboro, TN 37130The reviewers express positive feelings towards the doctor at the Methadone treatment center, commending their assistance and support in their recovery journey. The reviews also mention the convenience of finding the center through Google.
- Supportive Doctor: The reviews mention that the doctor at the Methadone treatment center is great and is willing to help patients through their recovery journey.
- Positive Feedback: One reviewer expresses their appreciation for the help received and mentions their satisfaction with the center, indicating that it has been effective in providing assistance for opioid addiction treatment.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started