Methadone Treatment Centers Near Fort Worth, TX
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3597 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Fort Worth. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Fort Worth, TX
MEDI Care Clinics (Family Care, Suboxone, Phentermine)
9557 N Beach St #121, Fort Worth, TX 76244Overall, the reviews of the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the friendly and professional staff, as well as the attentive and caring doctors. The clinic is described as efficient, with minimal wait times, and the doctors take the time to listen to patients' concerns. Some patients also mentioned feeling comfortable and at ease during their visits.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the front staff and office staff being friendly, polite, and professional. This indicates a positive and welcoming environment.
- Attentive and caring physicians: Patients appreciate the doctors' ability to listen, take the time to understand their concerns, and provide appropriate care. This suggests that the physicians at the center are compassionate and focused on patient well-being.
- Efficient and quick visits: Several reviews mention that the visits are quick, thorough, and efficient, with minimal wait times. This suggests that the center is well-organized and respects patients' time.
MAT Texas - Opioid Treatment Center
2100 N Hwy 360, Grand Prairie, TX 75050The Methadone treatment center is praised for its fast intake process, friendly and supportive staff, clean environment, and convenient hours. Patients appreciate the caring and understanding attitude of the counselors and doctors, as well as the individualized treatment plans. The clinic is highly recommended by multiple reviewers, with many stating that it has made a positive impact on their lives and helped them in their recovery journey.
- Fast intake process, taking only about 30 minutes, with good service and a clean facility
- Staff is kind, welcoming, and goes out of their way to help
- The clinic is clean, organized, and the staff is highly professional and supportive
Symetria — Hurst Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
1813 Harwood Ct, Hurst, TX 76054Symetria, a Methadone treatment center, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for their caring and understanding staff, clean facility, and welcoming environment. Many reviewers specifically mention Karen and her team's compassionate approach and support. The staff is praised for their professionalism and commitment to helping patients on their path to recovery.
- The staff is caring, understanding, and compassionate.
- The facility is clean, welcoming, and has a friendly atmosphere.
- The entire team goes above and beyond to take care of their patients and ensure their well-being.
MedMark Treatment Centers Fort Worth
5201 McCart Ave Suite H, Fort Worth, TX 76115Overall, the reviewers have positive feedback about the Methadone treatment center. The staff is praised for being caring, helpful, and respectful, with specific mentions of a counselor named AC and the new director Joe. The clinic has made significant improvements over time, including shorter wait times, better safety measures, and a more efficient intake process. Some reviewers emphasize the importance of following the rules and guidelines for successful treatment, while others mention minor issues such as limited seating or technical difficulties.
- The clinic has a caring and supportive staff who are attentive and willing to listen to patients.
- The clinic offers financial assistance through grants for those who have difficulty affording methadone.
- There have been significant improvements in the clinic's operations and environment, including reduced wait times, increased safety, and enhanced security measures.
- The staff at the clinic genuinely cares about the patients' well-being and is committed to helping them recover from addiction.
- The clinic provides effective methadone treatment, with many patients reporting long-term sobriety.
- The clinic has a professional and reasonable director who has brought about positive changes in the program.
- The clinic offers a personalized approach, with staff members addressing patients by name instead of using patient numbers.
- Despite some issues, such as occasional delays and limited hours, the clinic is regarded as a great place to receive help and turn one's life around.
Symetria — Fort Worth Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
7229 Hawkins View Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76132Symetria Treatment Centers and their staff, particularly James McNair and Blake Leva (also known as "The Blakeinator"), are highly praised for their compassion, dedication, and knowledge in helping individuals and families with opioid addiction. The center offers a wide range of services, including Methadone treatment, and is known for their flexible care delivery and referral process. Many reviewers credit Symetria and its staff for saving lives and helping them recover from substance abuse.
- Flexible and compassionate care delivery, with a referral process for higher levels of care when needed.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff, including a dedicated representative, "The Blakeinator," who goes above and beyond to help individuals and their families navigate the treatment process.
- Wide variety of services offered, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT), intensive outpatient programs (IOP), and psych counseling.
New Season Treatment Center – Dallas
1050 N Westmoreland Rd Suite 330, Dallas, TX 75211This Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews regarding their strict adherence to rules and their compassionate and supportive staff, particularly counselor Shawana Harris. Reviewers appreciate the caring and personalized treatment they received from the center, with several mentioning the positive impact it had on their recovery. The staff, including counselors Lorenzo Perez and Kristy Williams, are commended for going above and beyond to help patients. However, some reviewers note that the price of treatment is high compared to other options. Overall, the center is recommended for its effectiveness in treating opioid addiction.
- Strict adherence to rules and accountability: The center does not let any slide on anything, ensuring a structured and disciplined approach to treatment.
- Compassionate and caring counselors: Shawana Harris and Lorenzo Perez are mentioned multiple times as counselors who go above and beyond their job, showing true human compassion and support to their patients. They are praised for their guidance, support, and dedication to helping patients achieve their treatment goals.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The receptionists, pharmacy techs, and other staff members are described as friendly, wonderful, and having good souls, creating a welcoming and supportive environment for patients.
North Texas Addiction Counseling And Education
3539 Jim Wright Fwy, Fort Worth, TX 76106The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and helpful staff who make them feel welcomed and supported. Many reviewers mention that the center has changed their lives and they appreciate the comprehensive programs and services offered.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is described as helpful, caring, and informative. They are highly recommended for those looking for support in their recovery journey.
- The clinic is praised for creating a welcoming and supportive environment. The front desk, nurses, and counselors are kind, understanding, and genuinely care about the patients' well-being.
- The center offers a variety of different programs and services, setting them apart from others in the area. The Recovery Support Peer service is highlighted as particularly beneficial.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started